27th January 2017, 06:52 PM
Unregistered

What is the qualification criteria required for Sub Inspector's Post? What is the age limit to apply for the Post?

Respected Sir, I want to join the Police as a Sub Inspector so I want to know what is the qualification criteria required for Sub Inspector's Post? What is the age limit to apply for the Post? Which exam do I need to write for the same? Please answer as soon as possible.

29th January 2017, 10:21 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the qualification criteria required for Sub Inspector's Post? What is the age limit to apply for the Post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I want to join the Police as a Sub Inspector so I want to know what is the qualification criteria required for Sub Inspector's Post? What is the age limit to apply for the Post? Which exam do I need to write for the same? Please answer as soon as possible.
Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for SI post.

Your age should be in between 18 to 28 years.

Age relaxation:-

SC/ST- 5 years

OBC- 3 years

Ex-Servicemen ( Unreserved)- 5 years

Ex-Servicemen (OBC)- 8 years

Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST)- 10 years

Physical criteria for SI post for Police:-

Minimum Physical Standard:

i) For Male Candidates:
Height-1.67 mtrs.
Weight-51.5 Kgs
Chest-79 cms with a minimum expansion of 5 cms

ii) For Female Candidates:-
Height-1.60 mtrs.
Weight- 45 Kgs

iii) Vision :

Eye-sight ( with or without glasses )
Distant vision : 6/6 in one and 6/9 in the other eye.
Near vision 0.6 in one eye and 0.8 in other eye.
29th January 2017, 03:54 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the qualification criteria required for Sub Inspector's Post? What is the age limit to apply for the Post?

The minimum educational qualification required to apply for Sub-Inspector post is completion of Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline from a Government recognsied university.

The age limit required to apply for Sub-Inspector post is 21 to 30 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules to apply for Sub-Inspector post. You need to appear in Sub-Inspector examination which is conducted by your respective state police department.
29th January 2017, 07:03 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The recruitment of Sub Inspector in different states is done by Police recruitment board or Public Service commission of state. The educational qualification required for this posts is bachelor's degree.

The age limit is different in different states so is physical criteria. Generally age limit is 20-30 years. In Delhi, it is 20-25 years. Upper age relaxed for reserved category candidates. Height requirement is 165 cm -180 cms. You will have to clear entrance exam conducted for SI and physical test also.
29th January 2017, 08:35 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

For recruitment through the SSC the required eligibility to appear for Sub- Inspector entrance examination is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 20-25 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

The candidates have to qualify in written as well as physically test for final selection. For more information about examination visit at www.ssc.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?