26th November 2016, 01:13 PM
Unregistered

What is the qualification criteria required for Government Bank PO post?

Respected Sir, I want to become a Government Bank PO so I want to know the qualification criteria required for Government Bank PO post? Do I have to write any entrance exam? Please answer as soon as possible.

28th November 2016, 11:17 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the qualification criteria required for Government Bank PO post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I want to become a Government Bank PO so I want to know the qualification criteria required for Government Bank PO post? Do I have to write any entrance exam? Please answer as soon as possible.

The educational qualification required for the Probationary Officer (PO) post in nationalized banks (government banks) will be a graduation (like BA, B.Com, B.Sc, BE, BTech etc) in any discipline. The recruitment for many of the banks will be done through IBPS. The maximum age limit for the PO post is 30 years for General category candidates, 33 years for OBC and 35 years for SC and ST candidates. The candidates must have studied computer as a subject in school or degree level; the remaining people have to provide a certificate to prove their proficiency. The IBPS website link is Click Here
28th November 2016, 04:09 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the qualification criteria required for Government Bank PO post?

The eligibility to appear for bank PO entrance examination conducted by IBPS is candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university. Candidate's age must be between 20-30 years with relaxation in age reserved category.

So, candidates have to appear and qualify in written as well as interview stage of examination for final selection for the job.

For more information about examination visit at www.ibps.in.
28th November 2016, 07:52 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible to apply for Government Bank PO post, you should have completed Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university. You should be at least 21 years old and not more than 30 years of age. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules. You need to appear and qualify the bank examinations like IBPS, SBI, etc., to get government bank PO job.
28th November 2016, 08:27 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Educational Qualification Required to apply for the post of Bank PO :

The basic educational qualification required for the post of Bank Probationary Officer is as follows.

>> The basic educational qualification required for the post of Bank PO is "Graduate Degree" or a Bachelor Degree from a recognized university.

>> Yes, you will have to write an Entrance Examination for the post of Bank PO.

>> IBPS (Institute of Banking Personal Selection) conducts Common Written Examination (CWE) and it consists of
* Preliminary Examination
and
* Main Examination

>> You will have to qualify all the rounds Prelims, Main and Interview in order to get selected finally.
28th November 2016, 10:49 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

In order to apply for the above mentioned post, you should have completed a minimum of graduation from a recognized university.

Eligibility criteria:

> Minimum age requirement for this exam is 20 years

> Maximum age is allowed till 30 years

> Age relaxation is provided to SC/ST of 5 years, 3 years for OBC and 10 years for disabled candidates

> Candidate should have completed his/her graduation in any discipline from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% marks.

> Candidates must have completed their +2 from a recognized University with a minimum of 60% marks.
29th November 2016, 12:21 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

To be an Probationary Officer ( PO ) officer in nationalized banks of India you will have to qualify entrance examinations like IBPS bank PO examination and SBI bank PO examination.

--> Also the basic qualifications required for appearing in these examinations are as here under :-

* You must be an Indian citizen.

* Your age must lie within 21 years to 30 years. Further age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your bachelor degree course in any discipline from a recognized university.

* You must have good communication skills along with the basic knowledge to work on computer as the banking works are more digital.

For further details and updates regarding these examination you can log on to the link www.ibps.in and www,sbi.co.in.
29th November 2016, 12:25 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IBPS and SBI PO exam.

Your age should be in between 20 to 30 years.

Best books for bank PO exam:-

A Comprehensive Guide For State Bank Of India Probationary Officer Recruitment Examination – 2011
by Sachchida Nand Jha
Publisher: Upscportal Publications

SBI probationary officers and associate banks Examination Guide
by R. Gupta
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House-Delhi

State Bank Probationary Officers Examination
by T.S. Jain
Publisher: Upkar Prakashan

SBI P O Solved Papers
by G.K.P.
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?