25th November 2011, 06:12 PM
Unregistered

What is the right age of doing IAS? Information about optional paper and the books to be referred for preliminary exam?

i want to know about the right age of doing I.A.S and the sime information about optional paper and books for preliemery exam

26th November 2011, 04:50 AM
brijesh2970

Question Re: What is the right age of doing IAS? Information about optional paper and the books to be referred for preliminary exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i want to know about the right age of doing I.A.S and the sime information about optional paper and books for preliemery exam
IAS<=>Indian Administrative Service

Eligibility criteria for IAS:

AGE LIMIT
1)21 years must be completed by the 1st AUGUST of that year,
2)GENERAL-30,OBC-33,SC/ST-35;EX-SERVICEMEN WILL GET 5 YEARS EXEMPTION

ATTEMPTS
OPEN-4,OBC-7,SC/ST-NO LIMIT

You must be a citizen of India.
You must complete your Graduation Degree(No restriction in Min.Percent)

HOW TO APPLY:
=> Candidates may apply Online by using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in
Detailed instructions for filling up online applications are available on the above mentioned website.

Good Luck!
26th November 2011, 08:10 AM
vinod.brijkishore.chauhan

Default Re: What is the right age of doing IAS? Information about optional paper and the books to be referred for preliminary exam?

dear friend,

after completion of 12th with commerce.you have the following criteria to choose.

(Graduate diploma in print and web, broadcast or multimedia Journalism) - Indian Institute of Journalism & New Media (IIJNM), Bangalore, India

B Com (Honours in Accounting and Finance) - St. Xaviers College- Kolkata, Kolkata, India

B. Com (Accounting & Finance)- BAF - H.R College of Commerce & Economics, Mumbai, India

B. Com (Banking & Insurance)- BBI -H.R College of Commerce & Economics, Mumbai, India

B. Com (Banking and Insurance) - Hindi Vidya Prachar Samiti's, Ramniranjan Jhunjhunwala College, Mumbai, India

B.A. (Fashion Communication) - Institute of Apparel Management (IAM), Gurgaon - Delhi/NCR, India

B.B.A (Honours) - Shri Shikshayatan College, Kolkata, India

B.B.A. Vels University, Chennai, India

B.B.A. - Bachelor of Business Administration Alpha Arts and Science College, Chennai, India

B.B.M (Bachelor of Business Management) - T. John Group of Institutions, Bangalore, India

B.B.M. (Bachelor of Business Management) - Kristu Jayanti College of Management & Technology, Bangalore, India

B.B.M. (Shipping) - Academy of Maritime Education & Training (AMET University), Chennai, India

B.Com Lala Lajpat Rai College of Commerce & Economics (LLCC) , Mumbai, India

B.Com (Account & Finanace) - Shri Chinai College, Mumbai, India

B.Com (Banking & Insurance) - Shri Chinai College, Mumbai, India

B.Com (Computer Application) -Pioneer Institute of Professional Studies, Indore, India

B.Com (Financial Accounting)- Baba Farid Institute of Technology (BFIT), Dehradun, India

B.Com (Financial Markets)-BFM - H.R College of Commerce & Economics, Mumbai, India

B.Com (Honors) Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar, India

B.Com (Professional .
26th November 2011, 10:07 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the right age of doing IAS? Information about optional paper and the books to be referred for preliminary exam?

Hi Dear
IAS is a most valuable and prestigious exam in INDIA
All the people have a wish for become a IAS officer.

Eligibility criteria for IAS:-

*Candidate pass graduation in any stream
*Age- 21 to 30 years
5 years relax for OBC candidate
7 years relax for SC/ST candidate
*Maximum 3 times for general candidate to give exam
5 times for OBC candidate
No limits for SC/ST candidate

Preparation books:-
-------------------------------

Good Luck...............
26th November 2011, 03:45 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

You want to serve the nation, which is really appreciable.
IAS stands for the INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE,..For become a IAS officer, you must have to clear the CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION , conducted by the UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION [UPSC].
tThis civil service examination has three stages-
1.CSAT[CIVIL SERVICE ATTITUDE TEST]
2.MAINS
3.INTERVIEW..[PERSONALITY TEST]

For appear in this examination, you must have at least a graduation degree from a recognized college.

The age limit for this examination is 21-30 years,
21-33 years for the OBC candidates,..
21-35 years for the SC\ST candidates,...

Exam pattern-

Thank you!!!
~gamble~
26th November 2011, 04:06 PM
VINEETDUBEY6384385

Quote:
Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
i want to know about the right age of doing i.a.s and the sime information about optional paper and books for preliemery exam
dear civil service is the exam through which you can get into ias.... After completion of your graduation...and in prelimanary exam choose the subject of your interest nd that subject which you have studied in graduation bcoz you will have a good command over it .....
28th December 2011, 04:19 PM
Unregistered

tell me what is the simple to pass in upsc exam marathi or english. because i am marati student but i knowsimple english
13th February 2012, 12:46 PM
Unregistered

I am in bcom(prof.) final year, can I choose commerce as my optional subject? From where I get the books of commerce ??
13th February 2012, 02:48 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear.......
IAS exam is held through UPSC , once in a year .
The eligibility criteria , The candidates should be a graduate in any discipline from a recognize university.

The details are as follows......

Good luck........
9th May 2012, 03:31 PM
Unregistered

If i move with science in 11th nd 12th, then cn i sit for ias exams??
5th July 2012, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my 12th with non medical,now i am doing b.sc(non medical) after it which course is necessary to strong skills for ias?
20th April 2013, 04:52 PM
Unregistered

can we take science subject for IAS?
16th August 2013, 06:42 PM
Unregistered

12th Pass Maximum marks in i.a.s
15th October 2013, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

how much percentage for ias exam
16th December 2013, 06:01 PM
Unregistered

i'm commerce graduate can i choose commerce as a subject.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?