18th June 2012, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

What is the scope of B.Tech Biotechnology in India?

i want to know the scope for b.tech bio technology in india

Related Questions:
  1. Which are the universities offering M.Tech industrial biotechnology course? What is the scope of industrial biotechnology in India
  2. Which has a better scope in India, MSc Toxicololgy or Biotechnology?
  3. Which are the best biotechnology institutes in Uttar Pradesh and all over India? Is VIT Vellore good for Biotechnology? Should I choose B.Tech Biotechnology, B.Tech Bioinformatics or B.Tech Biomedical Engineering?
  4. Is there any scope for Biotechnology in India?
  5. Integrated course in M.Tech (Biotechnology) from JNU? Syllabus? Career options and scope of biotechnology in India?
  6. Will there be any scope in B.Tech Biotechnology?
  7. Present scope of Biotechnology in India? Where Biotechnology has more scope in India or in Abroad? -- [New]
  8. Salaries after Btech Biotechnology? Scope in India and Abroad? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Can I do Biotechnology with Biology background and without Maths after 12th? Institutes in India offering such course?
  10. What is the job scope after B.Tech Biotechnology?
  11. Can I do M.Sc. in Biochemistry after completion of B.Sc.(hons) in Biotechnology? Scope and Top colleges in India for Biochemistry?
  12. Scope and job opportunity after doing M.Tech from Australia?
  13. Which course should I opt for M.Sc among Biotechnology, Biochemistry and Nanotechnology pursuing B.Sc in Biotechnology? Career scope of Nanotechnology course?
  14. Career scope after completion of M.Sc in Medical Biotechnology?
  15. What is the scope of Biotechnology in India?
  16. What is the scope of Biotechnology in India? How much is the salary? Is PG in India better?
  17. Which is best course between M.Sc in Biotechnology and Microbiology in India and Abroad after completing B.Sc. in Biotechnology?
  18. Scope in Clinical research after M.Sc (Biotechnology)? Salary variation between PG Diploma and M.Tech (Biotechnology)? Scope of M.Tech (Biotechnology) after M.Sc? Areas of jobs?
30th June 2012, 10:47 PM
kengtha

Default Re: What is the scope of B.Tech Biotechnology in India?

After completing the Graduation in Biotechnology field, job opportunities in Government as well as in Private Sector and can also can pursue higher studies.

This branch includes dealing with the usage of living organisms and bio processes in the field of Engineering ,Technology and Medicine,So one can apply for various jobs in Pharmaceutical Industries.

>>>Some of the Companies like:
Dabur
Hindustan Unilever
Cipla
Rossari Biotech India Pvt Ltd
Hindustan Antibiotics Ltd , etc
In these companies one can apply for following posts;
Marketing Manager
Quality Control Officer
Production-in-charge
After completing one can apply for Southern Petrochemical Industries Ltd and Godrej and can also find job in IT field.

>>>Government career after B Tech in Biotechnology:

After completing the Graduation in Engineering field one can apply for jobs in several Government sector institutes for various posts like Scientist or Engineer Posts and apart from this one can also apply for;
Center for Cellular and Molecular Biology ( CCBM )
National Brain Research Center
National Institute of Oceanography
For the posts in these institutes you have to write the entrance exam conducted by corresponding institutes,after completing the exam if you are selected you will be called for Interview and you can get job.

>>>List of top companies in India:
serum Institute of India
Panacea Biotech
Piramal Healthcare
Biocon
Cipla
Ranbaxy
Wockhardt Limited
GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals
Indian Immunologicals , etc
12th July 2012, 09:11 PM
Unregistered

wat is the best course after completing b.tecg biotechnology????????????????
13th July 2012, 12:25 PM
sukhattly.333
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i want to know the scope for b.tech bio technology in india
hello dear

No need to worry about . You can still find a job in biotech sector.

You can make your career in the field of

1.Bioinformatics

2.plant biotechnology

3.Research kit manufacturing units

4.clinical research

5.pharma manufacturing units

6.environmental biotechnology

7.diary industries

8.fermentation technology

Biotechnology is involved with research and manufacturing. The candidates can find jobs in Agricultural enterprise, pharmaceutical company, food and chemical industry and even in bio-processing. Students who have completed B.Tech in Biotechnology can also find jobs in government firms as well as private research institution etc.They can become Research scientist, quality control officer, lecturers and many others. Most of these jobs have excellent remuneration and also have good status in the society. An experienced person can earn more than Rs. 50000 every month. This is one of the highly paid fields in the job industry.
27th July 2012, 02:57 AM
Unregistered

i m right nw in 2nd year of btech biotech jst entered in my brach which field should i chooce to be highly paid salary..
27th July 2012, 10:16 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

SCOPE OF B TECH. BIOTECHNOLOGY
Biotechnology is a branch of Applied Biology dealing with the usage of living organisms and bioprocesses in the field of Engineering, Technology and Medicine. B.Tech Biotechnology is considered as one of the best course among the different Biotechnology courses

Career in Private sector after B.Tech in Biotechnology
  • B.Tech Biotechnology graduates can apply for jobs in various pharmaceutical companies. Some of those companies are Dabur, Hindustan lever, Cipla, Rossari Biotech India Pvt. Ltd and Hindustan antibiotics. They can work in these companies as Marketing Manager, Quality Control officer or Production in-charge. Several other companies also provide jobs for these graduates.
  • Companies like Southern Petrochemical Industries Corporation Ltd and Godrej possess a biotechnology division where a lot of job opportunities are available for these graduates.
  • They can also look up for jobs in IT field. It is better to do any software or networking courses before applying for jobs in this field. They can work as a software developer or a web developer in any software company. They can also join HCL in the networking section.
Government Career after B.Tech in Biotechnology
  • B.Tech graduates can apply for jobs in several Government Research Institutes. Some of those Institutes are Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology (CCMB), National Brain Research Centre and National Institute of Oceanography. They can work as a Research Scientist in these Institutes. They can also apply for lecture post in various Government Institutions. One of those Institutions is National Institute of Technology, Calicut.
  • Candidates applying for lecture post in this Institute should have an excellent background in the field of Genetics and Molecular Biology.
  • Several government exams are conducted by different government organisations to recruit these graduates to various government posts. Some of those exams are given below.
    Civil services exam for the posts like IFS, IAS, IPS
    Combined Defense Service exam for Army
    , Navy and Air force
    SSC Combined Graduate Level Exams
  • B.Tech Biotechnology graduates can also apply for Bank probationary exams if they wish to pursue their career in banking sector.
Career Abroad after B.Tech in Biotechnology
There are wide opportunities available for B.Tech Biotechnology graduates in foreign countries than India. But they need to gain experience in this field before applying for jobs in foreign countries. They can get jobs in various laboratories, pharmaceutical companies and agriculture oriented companies in foreign countries.
18th May 2013, 11:43 AM
Unregistered

actualy i want to do MBBS bt due to some financial problem i could'nt do.Now i have decided to do b.tech in biotechnology otherwise b.sc in biotechnology.i am confused
very much.plz suggest me which is better for me???
31st July 2013, 05:43 PM
Unregistered

which is the best among bsc biotechnology or b.tech biotechnology
1st March 2015, 01:37 PM
Unregistered

Is there any scope of doing b.tech(biotech) from srmu barabanki
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?