16th February 2013, 09:40 PM
revathi viveka

What should I choose after completing my GATE exam? What is the minimum score required?

which one i need to choose after completing my gate exam?nit or iit and which is the better?what is the minimum gate score required to place there?

17th February 2013, 10:37 AM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

Default Re: What should I choose after completing my GATE exam? What is the minimum score required?

Hi,

GATE exam,known as GRADUATE APTITUDE TEST in Engineering, is done once a year,which are conducted by IISc and IITs.

Some of the qualifications mentioned are:

>> You have to be in final year of 4 year engineering course,or should have passed with no back log.

>> You can have many attempts as you want.

After your GATE exam,you can

* apply for IITs and NITs if you have a good score of 600-750, definitely IITs are the best.

*apply for PSUs jobs,which are shortlisted on the gate score like BHEL,NTPC,Power grid,Indian Oil etc.

Usually,the cut off varies year to year and branch to branch,it comes around: 26-33 out of 100.

Regards,

yash
17th February 2013, 11:25 AM
mihir1civilservice

Default Re: What should I choose after completing my GATE exam? What is the minimum score required?

dear revathi,Do not be worried,If you have appeared for GATE-2013 Examination,then you have numerous oppertunaties lying ahead of you depending on your performances in GATE exam.
WHAT SHOULD I CHOOSE AFTER COMPLETING MY GATE EXAMINATION:
Let me tell you briefly:
>firstly If you are B.tech student of a perticular branch like mechanics or electronics or computer science,you can go for M.tech in respective branch.For that,you need to fill in forms for different institution offereing M.tech.They will notify about admissions for M.tech after the publication of GATE result.They will fix a cut off
marks for admission.For example premier institution like IITs,IIsc etc will fix different cut off marks for taking admission into their institution.

>Secondly, you can go for applying PSUs jobs.They will publish notification after the GATE result is declared.Different public sectors company will fix different cut off marks in order to shotlist the candidate for interview.
18th February 2013, 06:03 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear Viveka,

The acronym for GATE is Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

After completing GATE examination, you can apply for IITs and NITs and PSUs jobs.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?