29th July 2015, 01:34 AM
Unregistered

Which graduation course I can opt for while doing CA?

I am currently pursuing CA and want to know that which under graduation course should i choose among B.com (pass) and B.com (honors) if i have to appear for CAT after completing CA because there is some eligibility criteria requiring some minimum percentage of marks in graduation course, and along with CA the marks in graduation course generally tends to fall , so to remain eligible for CAT which course would be best along with CA

29th July 2015, 07:06 PM
pjgp

Default Re: Which graduation course I can opt for while doing CA?

You ard having 2 options:
1, you will have alot of time to attend CA coaching, self study and focus solely on CA.
There will be no attendance hassles, even if you cant clear CA in first attempt you will atleast get a graduation degree,
if you are unable to clear CA after the completion of b.com i seriously doubt if finding a job with you correspondence b.com degree will be easy.
Option-2 regular b.com with ca
you will get a reputed degree and even if their attendance is compulsory the studies will only help you with those common subject .
In case you are unable to clear in 1st attempt a good graduatiom will help you in finding job
30th July 2015, 02:42 AM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

In my opinion, you should go with BCom (Hons).

The course is related to your field of interest and you will study much about what will work for you in CA.

With the Hons. course, you will be taught some managerial skills too which would be helpful for your future.

As far as CAT is concerned, that will be done after graduation and any graduation will work for it.
30th July 2015, 11:23 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am currently pursuing CA and want to know that which under graduation course should i choose among B.com (pass) and B.com (honors) if i have to appear for CAT after completing CA because there is some eligibility criteria requiring some minimum percentage of marks in graduation course, and along with CA the marks in graduation course generally tends to fall , so to remain eligible for CAT which course would be best along with CA
Many students having the same problem. Obsessively, it is too difficult to do Chartered Accountant course along with Graduation course. Since, you are interested to do Chartered Accountant course along with Graduation. I suggest you to first concentrate on your Graduation course and try to score more than 60% of marks at Graduation. Once, after completing Graduation you can directly enroll of Intermediate course. If you have scored more than 60% of marks in Graduation then you are eligible for both the Chartered Accountant Intermediate and Common Admission Test (CAT) as well.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?