10th January 2012, 12:21 AM
pragya111994

Can I apply for M.Tech course after completion of B.Sc (Honors) in Maths?

may i apply for M.Tech after B.Sc.(hons) maths?

1st February 2012, 06:25 PM
pragati kashyap

Default Re: Can I apply for M.Tech course after completion of B.Sc (Honors) in Maths?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pragya111994 View Post
no you cannot because there is certain criteria for appliying in MTECH either you should have MSC or BTECH for it
27th March 2012, 01:35 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I apply for M.Tech course after completion of B.Sc (Honors) in Maths?

can i aplly m.tce after i complet b.sc computer application
13th June 2012, 10:37 PM
Unregistered

can i apply for m.tech after completion of b.sc in chemistry
14th June 2012, 10:00 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

No you have to give an entrance exam to get a full time btech degree. Then only you can give the GATE exam and study M.Tech

You can give the JELET exam to study B.Tech.

You need to have 60% at your graduation level to give this exam.
Your age should not be more than 27 years old.

For more information go through the pdf I have uploaded.
You can also search for more information from this website:- www.wbjeeb.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf JELET-10-Counselling-Information.pdf(90.3 KB, 229 views)
23rd June 2012, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

can i give CAT entrance after b.Sc (honors) in maths?
23rd June 2012, 08:06 PM
Unregistered

Sir, what are the career options after doing bsc hons (maths)? Is it a good career option? Or i should to b.tech? Which is better?
28th July 2012, 03:04 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for M.Tech course after completion of M.Sc (Honors) in Maths from panjab university (chd.)?
28th July 2012, 05:39 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

There is no way to do M.Tech after B.Sc. You will first have to complete the B.Tech course and then appear in the GATE entrance exam to do M.Tech. However if Engineering is your preferred course then you should first take admission in the B.Tech then go for the M.Tech.

The B.Sc students are given the opportunity to do B.Tech. Since the Bachelor of Science course holds very little value today while searching for the jobs. Such students have been granted a golden option to go for B.Tech course for better future.

What you need to do is, apply in the B.Tech college through lateral entry. The lateral entry scheme is only for the B.Sc and Diploma in Engineering candidates. Every college reserve some seats for the lateral entry scheme. There are two ways to get admission either you go for direct admission which several colleges offer, or you will have to appear in the lateral entry entrance test called LEET.

The advantage of lateral entry is that you would be given admission in the second year of the Engineering course. You don't need to appear in the IIT-JEE or AIEEE exam to get admission.

Eligibility for Lateral Entry Scheme

1. Your pattern should be 10+2+3 which means B.Sc course after completing class 12th.

2. You should score at least 60 percent marks in the graduation course. These days most colleges demand 60 percent score in the B.Sc degree for lateral entry. However some colleges give admission with even 50 percent score.

3. For lateral entry, you should complete graduation with Maths as one of the subjects. This would not be issue in your case.

4. However if you are opting for B.Tech in Biotech then you should complete B.Sc in Medical to be considered for the lateral entry.

Once you finish the B.Tech course, you will have to appear in the GATE entrance exam for candidates who wish to get admission in M.Tech. Your performance in the GATE would determine whether you will get admission for M.Tech or not.
28th July 2012, 06:02 PM
Benduluri

**Best Wishes**

>>yes, There is a chance to do a M.Tech after completing Bsc ,if you want to do a M.Tech Course ,you have to join in "B.Tech 2nd year" after completing Bsc

>>Then after that ,you have to complete the Btech and then write GATE Exam
if you qualify in the "GATE" ,seat alloted for you and provide a scholorship to you.

>>If you are n't qualified in that Exam There are so many private colleges give a
M.Tech Education with some donation.

**All The Best Have a Bright Future**
28th July 2012, 06:27 PM
tavleensingh

well dr you can't apply for M.Tech course after completion of B.Sc (Honors) in Maths.

only B.tech students can apply for the M.Tech course after scoring minimum 60%.

if u wanna to do M.Tech u should first apply for B.Tech after then u can do M.Tech.

yet u may get lateral entry in B.Tech so go for it
28th July 2012, 06:53 PM
singharvind4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by pragya111994 View Post
No pragya,It's not possible to apply for M-tech directly after Bsc .If you want to apply for Mtech then You must have completed Btech or any Master degree like Msc,MCA.
28th July 2012, 08:27 PM
anu kumari 2
Senior Member+

No,friend there is no any way to do M.tech after B.sc

For doing M.tech you have to do B. E. / B. Tech

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA

A candidate must have passed B. E. / B. Tech. degree in Electronics & Communication/ Computer/ Electronics/ Electrical Engineering/ Instrumentation & Control Engineering from the University of Delhi or equivalent qualifications from recognized University/Institutions.
OR

A candidate must have passed in the A.M.I.E. (India ) Exam with appropriate Specialization/ Grad.

I.E.T.E (India), AMIE (London), or any other examination in the concerned branch recognized as equivalent to B. E. Degree by the University of Delhi.

A candidate for admission to full time course must have valid GATE score card. (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering).
28th July 2012, 08:54 PM
savan kumar chaitanya

No you have to give an entrance exam to get a full time btech degree. Then only you can give the GATE exam and study M.Tech

You can give the JELET exam to study B.Tech.

You need to have 60% at your graduation level to give this exam.
Your age should not be more than 27 years old.
19th October 2012, 07:26 AM
Unregistered

can general BSC student , after passing examination can apply for MSC . what is the percento marks rquire o get admission in MSC stream
22nd December 2012, 01:53 PM
Unregistered

can i apply for m.tech after bsc in chemistry honours??????
14th January 2013, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

Which course has priority M.Sc (computer),M.B.A ,M.Sc.(math ),M.Sc.(statistics) or M.C.A.?
26th March 2013, 04:31 PM
Unregistered

thanks 4 ur above suggestions...........i want to no about d diploma courses provided by iit or nit in which a bsc (maths/physics/chemistry) graduate wll b eligible?
28th June 2015, 11:31 AM
Unregistered

how can i do M.tech after Bsc(honours) in maths?? nd if M.tech is possible after this then from which branch i can do it..???
14th July 2015, 11:41 AM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

No, just after B.Sc. you cannot apply for M.Tech. For applying in M.Tech you must have a 4 year graduation or 3 year graduation and a 2 year or 3 year master degree. Since currently you do not have 4 year graduation degree, it is a barrier. Also along with your three year graduation, you do not have any master degree.
But do not worry, you can go for a master degree right now. Just get admitted in M.Sc. in Mathematics. You will have to obtain minimum 55% in your graduation to be able to apply for M.Sc. in Mathematics. If you are able to do so, then you can pick up the form of a university and you can apply for the course. After you pass out M.Sc. do apply for a good job that comes in your M.Sc. campus. If you get the job, you can continue M.tech in part time as well.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?