15th May 2012, 10:46 PM
Unregistered

What should I do to become an IAS being a student of 11th class?

What should I do to become an IAS being a student of 11th class?

16th May 2012, 10:20 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to become an IAS being a student of 11th class?

Being a student of 11th class it is very good that you are taking interest to become an IAS so you can start preparation accordingly along with your regular studies till you complete Graduation.

IAS - INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE, to become an IAS officer one has to appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

The selection is through three phases:-

CSAT-CIVIL SERVICE APTITUDE TEST-PRELIMINARY EXAM

CIVIL SERVICE MAIN EXAM

PERSONAL INTERVIEW

So as you are interested for IAS, first you have to complete Graduation in order to appear for Civil Service Exam.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
16th May 2012, 12:13 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

IAS (Indian Administrative Service) is the top Civil Service in India. Many of the candidates are having a desire to see themselves as an IAS.

IAS is a respectful designations where only brilliant minds can be absorbed.

It is good that you have decided yourself of what you want to be so early in you career.

Now only thing that is left is the action plan that the best way to reach your destination.

For IAS, one should have to crack civil services examination being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission).

The complete selection procedure is by
-CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
-Civil Services Main Examination
-Interview

The minimum academic qualification that a candidate should possess to be eligible for CSAT Exam is by completion of Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university.

Here is the required age limit for the candidate to be eligible for this exam.
-A candidate of General category should be in the age group of 21-30 years.
-Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category.
-For the candidates of SC/ST category, relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 5 years.

One have to opt for 2 optional subjects for Civil Services Main Examination.

So, I suggest you to go through the list of optional subjects that you are interested.

Make sure that you are going to join Graduation with the stream where your chosen subjects are being available.

Start preparation for this exam from the 1st year of your Graduation course.

Wishing you all the best.

For updated information regarding this exam, you can visit
http://upsc.gov.in/
24th June 2012, 09:52 PM
Unregistered

Is. It. Possible. To. Attempt. Ias. Exam. After12
27th March 2013, 12:44 PM
Unregistered

how should i prepare myself for ias during 11th -12th
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?