29th April 2015, 12:54 AM
Unregistered

What should I do to become a train driver after completion of 12th exam?

What should I do to become a train driver after completion of 12th exam? Can someone please give me the complete details which we need to follow to ensure that we will get the job as train driver after completion of Higher secondary studies.

29th April 2015, 11:10 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to become a train driver after completion of 12th exam?

* First of all my suggestion to you is that you should try to score at least 80 percent marks in your secondary education exam.

* After that you have to fill the RRB forms for the driver post.

* RRB release application form in many sections, so you must take care of that. I mean to say is that you should choose that form which is for the driver post.

* Then your aim should to score good marks in the entrance exam conducted by the railway.

* Once you clear the exam you have to face an interview and then you will got the job.
29th April 2015, 11:38 AM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Default Re: What should I do to become a train driver after completion of 12th exam?

Railway train driver is the most important person for the security of train while travelling along with the security guards.
If he is not capable of carrying his responsibility well then the efforts of all other persons go waste.

It is good to choose train driver as carrier .
Eligibility criteria to become train diver are
-Candidate must holds 10th/matriculation with ITI degree in specified trade.(ITI degree in specified trade is necessary)
-candidate must be of minimum 18 years of age and maximum 30 years of age.

Railway department conducts RRBs examination for candidates to become train driver.
In RRBs examination 150 objective type question (G.K,Aptitude,Mathematics and General English ) are asked to answer in three hours.

The qualified candidates will hold the post of Railway driver and during training period they need to start their career as either diesel or electric loco assistant driver whose work is to check the state of locomotive.
Initially the candidate have work as assistant driver in goods train then in passenger train then after only they are allowed in express train.

So, firstly, you need to have ITI degree in either electrical or mechanical department then only you will apply for the examination which provide wings to your future .
29th April 2015, 11:45 AM
abhi1999
Senior Member+

Candidate who want to become a Train Driver should be at least Matriculate plus ITI course in specified trades.

If candidate want to become a Train Driver must qualify RRB exam first which was held for the post of Railway Driver every year.Candidate age should be between 18 years to 30 years.

Syllabus for RRB exam--G.K, Aptitude, Mathematics and General English.This paper consist of nearly 150 questions.

The Salary of Train Driver starts from approx Rs.15,000 to Rs.20,000.
29th April 2015, 11:57 AM
mrJohn

Key elements in the process

Pass tenth standard
Complete ITI course in any specified trade
Qualify the exam conducted by Railway Recruitment Board
Obtain enough experience as diesel or electric assistant driver
13th November 2021, 06:49 AM
Unregistered

Every year notification of loco pilot posts will be release ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?