15th October 2011, 09:24 PM
varun1989

What should I do between M.Tech and MBA after completing B.Tech from IT stream?

sir i am doing b.tech IT final year .i hv oppurtunity to do m.tech or mba.so what should i do m.tech or m.ba integrated or simple m.tech or m.b.a....i want to do only job not interested in teaching...or should i quite after b.tech and try for job???

28th April 2012, 10:55 PM
Manpreet14

Default Re: What should I do between M.Tech and MBA after completing B.Tech from IT stream?

Dear Candidate,

As you said, you are not interested in teaching then go for MBA..

M.Tech is best option if you want to go for teaching... otherwise choose MBA after B.tech... Or try in any IT company for job..
29th April 2012, 06:15 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: What should I do between M.Tech and MBA after completing B.Tech from IT stream?

Hi

Once you have done your graduation then you have the options of M.Tech and MBA.

Both these courses are very different from each other.

I am giving you some information's on each of these. Then you can decide what you want and what you should do.

MBA - Master's in Business Administration.

This course is of 2 years duration and it is one of the top in demand course in the world today.

Every company wants to recruit MBA's because this course helps to make a pure professional out of a normal student.

CAT is the entrance exam for this course, and IIM's are the top colleges.

M.Tech - Master's in Technology is the Master's of Technology.

This course is also of 2 years duration. This is basically done by people who wish to go in the research field or teaching line.

You should be from a technical background only then can you take up this course.

GATE is the entrance exam for this, and IIT's and NIT's are the best colleges.

However the pay packages would be very much more in the MBA course that in the M.Techs;

Now you have all the facts with you. Decide what you want to do in your future and then you can select the course.

Personally speaking I would recommend MBA for you.

Hope this helps

All the best

Regards
RANJEET
29th April 2012, 08:49 PM
rajmai

Default What should I do between M.Tech and MBA after completing B.Tech from IT stream?

My answer is MBA since you are not interested in teaching.

if you want to do MBA then you just work for 2 or 3 years, that will give you some experience in administration side.

1st approach

I think you know about some software models like waterfall, spiral, ...that describes about how the project runs in step by step process..This is used in companies for developing the project. If you work for one reputed company like CTS, TCS, Wipro, and Infosys you will get some knowledge about that. Then MBA is easier course for you to study ..since you know the working environment of the companies. Some companies offer Higher studies too along with job. For example : Infosys, Wipro

Now your aim is to get placed in one reputed company ..

2nd approach
OK if not selected in companies then prepare for CAT exam, do study MBA in B Schools.
29th April 2012, 10:07 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do between M.Tech and MBA after completing B.Tech from IT stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun1989 View Post
sir i am doing b.tech IT final year .i hv oppurtunity to do m.tech or mba.so what should i do m.tech or m.ba integrated or simple m.tech or m.b.a....i want to do only job not interested in teaching...or should i quite after b.tech and try for job???

Dear friend,

M.Tech in IT and MBA in IT is completely different from each other.

If some one is interested in doing research on Information Technology.

If someone is interested in his or her subjects of Information Technology and want to learn more about it.

If someone is interested in teaching profession of Information Technology, then only they should go for M.tech rather than MBA......

If some is interested in doing jobs and not getting any opportunity after completing B.Tech(IT) then he should go for MBA in IT specialization.

They should do MBA from renowned colleges like IIM, IIPM etc etc where the placement is very good.

For getting admission in those top colleges,they have to crack entrance exams like CAT MAT etc etc....

Now you have said that you are not interested in teaching and research line, so i will suggest u to go for MBA rather than M.Tech.

For doing MBA, you have to prepare yourself for entrance exams like CAT, MAT etc. cracking this type of entrance exams will help you to get recruited in top companies.

during your preparation you should also sit in the OFF CAMPUS Placement of reputed companies like

1.Wipro

2.Infosys

3.HCLTechnologies

4 CTS

5.TCS

6.Tech Mahindra

5.Capgemini

6.BirlaSoft

7.Globallogic

8.Honeywell

9. Microsoft

10. Google

etc etc......

If you get job in the above companies, then you should go for the job rather than the MBA preparation. This is because you are interested in doing jobs only.

So this is my opinion. Hope you understood what I had explained.

Best of Luck.........
30th April 2012, 03:56 AM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun1989 View Post
HI!
Friend both the courses are among the best.
You can chose any course in between M.B.A or M.Tech..

If you want to earn money as early as possible than you do M.B.A.

For admission in top college you have to qualify the entrance exam like:-
> C.A.T
> M.AT
> X.A.T
> G.M.A.T
etc.

If you want to become Teacher in college then you have to do M.Tech.

For admission in top M.Tech college you have to qualify the entrance exam like G.A.T.E etc.

ALL THE BEST!
6th May 2012, 06:06 PM
indu_sarabhai

Yes ; there are many core companies both from Government Sector and private sector which hire Electrical and Electronic graduates.

Eligibility

As a Engineering graduate you can try out in the below companies.

You can even get into these companies after completing your M.tech course which will be off a higher post.

I have given here a list of companies which you can try out for after completing your Engineering with minimum of 70% aggregate.the aggregate level may be higher or lower depending upon the company.

But,for most of the Public Sector Undertaking(PSU's) the aggregate must be above 65%.

Procedure

The procedure almost remains the same for all the examinations conducted by core companies.the test is basically divided into two parts

1.Written Test

2.Interview

The written test is generally conducted in selected Cities.

If selected for the written you will be called up for the interview where they will decide whether to select you or not based upon your performance.

List of Companies

National Thermal Power Corporation(NTPC)

Bharat Heavy Electricals limited(BHEL)

Jindal Steel and Power Limited

Steel Authority of India Limited(SAIL)

Bharat Electronics Ltd.(BEL)

You can even go through Engineering Services exam conducted by the UPSC Board through which you can get placed in various organizations.

You can even go through GENCO,TRANSCO,Power Grid exams conducted by State and National Boards.

All the exams which i have mentioned above have their own procedure's for recruiting candidates hence you need to go through these exams individually.

good luck . .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?