24th March 2012, 11:43 PM
srikanth pathri

What should I do to join Indian Air force after passing engineering in Civil?

hi sir...im dng my engineering in civil ,4thsem.....bt im very much intrested in joining to airforce and serve the nation instead of getting corrupt in dis technology field...please help me out by suggesting me what to do to get into INDIAN AIRFORCE....

Related Questions:
  1. How to join Indian Air Force after completing diploma in civil engineering? I am from B.E Civil
  2. How to join Indian Air Force after passing class 10th? What is the education requirement for Indian Air Force?
  3. After passing 10th with 69.69% and diploma in Civil how to join in Air Force?
  4. Procedure, Eligibility criteria, Fitness and physical criteria for girls to join Indian Air Force? What are the different branches and entrance exams for which girl candidates can apply? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. What should I do to join Indian Air force after passing engineering in Civil?
  6. Why girls are not eligible to join Indian Air Force on 10th basis? -- [New]
  7. How to join Indian Air Force after passing 9th
  8. How to join Indian Air Force after passing 9th standard
  9. How to join Army Air Force after passing 10th class?
  10. How can I join Indian Air Force as a Pilot after completing B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering)? Percentage required to join? Entrance exams to join?
  11. How to join Indian Air Force after passing 12th with 60% marks?
  12. Am I eligible to join Air force after completing diploma in civil engineering with 65%
  13. How to join Indian Air Force after passing 12th with science
  14. How can I join Indian Air Force being a 10th student? Detailed information about Indian Air Force?
  15. How can I apply for Indian Air Force after passing diploma engineering
  16. Best Air Force college in India? Is Air Force not suitable for girls?
  17. How can I join Indian Air Force? I am studying civil engineering
  18. What is the procedure for an architect to join Indian Air force
25th March 2012, 08:45 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to join Indian Air force after passing engineering in Civil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanth pathri View Post
hi sir...im dng my engineering in civil ,4thsem.....bt im very much intrested in joining to airforce and serve the nation instead of getting corrupt in dis technology field...please help me out by suggesting me what to do to get into INDIAN AIRFORCE....

You are now 4th sem so middle of your graduation degree so those exams are required Gradation degree, You are not applicable.

So you are applicable only one exam is NDA.NDA conduct also Indian Air Force recruitment Process.If you have fulfill the below criteria given.

NDA stand for National Defence Service Exam.This exam is conduct twice time in a year by UPSC.

NDA Examination is conducted in 3 wings:

• Indian Air Force
• Indian Navy
• Indian Army

If you have completed 12th standard from recognized board with science department you are applicable for NDA exam.Commerce student are applicable for only Indian Army branch.

But your age should be in between 16.5 to 19 years.

If you have completed Graduation degree then you are applicable for AFCAT or CDS exam.But you are from technical background then you have to prefer AFCAT exam.

The Details of the AFCAT exam is given below.

If you want to join in Flying Branch then You must have complete the graduation in any trade, but your 12th standard subject must be Math and Physics.

For this post your age should be in between 19-23 years.

If you want to join in Technical Branch then You must have complete the graduation in engineering field.

For this post your age should be in between 18-28 years.

If you want to join in Ground duty Branch then You must have complete the graduation in any trade from recognized university,

For this post your age should be in between 20-27 years.

25th March 2012, 09:54 AM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to join Indian Air force after passing engineering in Civil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanth pathri View Post
HI!
You can join Indian Air force After passing Civil Engineering.
For this you have to qualify the Combine Defence Services Exam(C.D.S)

INFORMATION ABOUT C.D.S EXAM

C.D.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C twice in a year.

The candidate who pass the Graduation with any stream are eligible for C.D.S exam.

For C.D.S exam the age limit should be in between 19-24 year for Indian Army.
For Indian Air Force the age limit is 19-23 year.
For Indian Navy the age limit should be in between 19-22 year.

The candidate apply for Indian Defence Services should be medically fit.

IMPORTANT DATES FOR N.D.A. & N.A. EXAM.(I), 2012
Date of Notification:-05.05.2012
Last date of receipt of form:- 04.06.2012(MONDAY)
Date of exam:-19.08.2012 (SUNDAY)

ALL THE BEST!
25th March 2012, 01:22 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
After passing civil engineering you want to join in Indian Air force..
Then you can go for it..
For that you have to qualify in entrance exams like-- AFCAT (Air force common admission test).

Eligibility for AFCAT exam:--------------
----------------------------------------

***For Flying branch***

1.The candidate can complete the graduation in any trade but must have maths and physics in 12th class..

2.Final year candidates are also eligible for the exam.

3.The candidates age should be in between 19-23 years.

4.The candidate should be physically fit.

5.The candidate must be a citizen of India.

***For Ground duty branch***

1.The candidate must have complete the graduation in any trade from a recognized university.
2.Final year candidates are also eligible for the exam.
3.The candidates age should be in between 20-27 years.
4.The candidate must be physically fit.

***For Technical branch***

1.The candidate must have complete the graduation in engineering field.
2.final year candidates are also eligible for the exam.
3.The candidates age should be in between 18-28 years.
4.The candidate must be physically fit..

These are the eligibility criteria you need to fulfill.
So, get prepare for the exam.

All the best.
25th March 2012, 05:18 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

After passing Civil Engineering you can join Indian Air Force through CDS and AFCAT.

CDS-COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE exam conducted by UPSC twice every year as CDS-I and CDS-II for entry in to Indian MIlitary Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy of CDS.

The eligible candidate must be an unmarried Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any tream of education from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 25 years.

As you are a Graduate Civil Engineer you can apply for Indian Air Force of CDS-II 2012 exam. The selection is through written exam followed by personal interview along with Physical Fitness and Medical Test.

For more information you may log on to www.upsc.gov.in

AFCAT-AIR FORCE COMMON ADMISSION TEST conducted by Indian Air Force for selection to:-

FLYING BRANCH
TECHNICAL BRANCH
GROUND DUTY BRANCH

The candidate must be an Indian National having Graduation Degree in any stream or Engineering with 60% marks from a recognised University.

As you are an Engineering Graduate you are eligible to apply for Technical Branch within the age of 18 to 28 years or Flying Branch within the age of 19 to 23 years of age.

The selection is through:-

AFCAT written exam
SSB Interview
Medical Test

The written test based on objective type question from:-

Reasoning
Verbal Ability
General Awareness
Numerical Ability
General Aptitude.

For more information you may log on to www.careerairforce.nic.in
25th April 2012, 05:20 PM
Unregistered

can a civil engg join Technical Branch?????? or flying branch?????
7th May 2012, 06:20 PM
Unregistered

Respected,sir i will completed my last years diploma exam in computer engg. so can i join indian airforce ? how ? in which trade ? Plz tell me my d.o.b. Is 6-6-1991
28th August 2012, 09:54 PM
Unregistered

Jay hind
respected sir,
my birth place in gujart & i am diploma civil eng,so i am join in air force .how to join in n.d.a treinig ????
20th June 2018, 05:09 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my diploma in civil engineering and BE in civil engineering, I don't have 12th standard as I was got the admission on 10th, can I apply for afcat
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?