29th September 2016, 03:33 PM
Alansilsrang B. marak

What should I do to join Indian Army as an Sniper?

Hello my name is Alansilsrang B. Marak from Meghalaya. I had finished my 12th in 2015. I want to join Indian army as sniper which is my dream..So, please tell me what to do and how to join?

29th September 2016, 11:30 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Default Re: What should I do to join Indian Army as an Sniper?

To become sniper in Indian Army, first of all you have to join Indian Army.

Since, you have passed 12th board examination in 2015,so, best option for you is to qualify NDA.
NDA stands for National Defenc Academy.
UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) conducts NDA&NA examination twice in a year for recruitment in Indian Navy, Indian Military, Indian Army and Naval Academy.
Eligibility to appear in NDA examination
-Student must have passed or appearing in 12th board examination with subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from any recognized board
-Student must be of age 16.5 to 19 years
-Student must be unmarried and male.

In case if you are not able to appear in NDA or do not qualify in NDA then after completing graduation you can go for CDS to join Indian Army.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service. It is also conducted by UPSC.Unmarried male candidate who have completed their graduation and must be below 27 years of age are eligible to apply for CDS.
30th September 2016, 12:02 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

As you had passed 12th standard in 2015, so you can apply for NDA exam to enter in Indian Army. However, if you want to study further, then you can also apply for Indian army after completion of your bachelor;s degree.
You have to appear in the eligible entrance exam like NDA, CDS etc. Try to score more than 60% marks in your entrance exam. After clearing the exam, you have to appear in Physical test. You must qualify the height, weight, eye sight criteria to move further in selection process. After clearing the complete eligibility criteria, you can join Indian Army. There you have to gain experience as an infantryman. On the basis of your performance, you will be trained for sniper.
30th September 2016, 12:16 AM
secret29
Senior Member+

There is no any specific post for the Sniper. Indian Army recruit on the basis of merit and through written exams. Either you can join Indian Army after qualifying NDA entrance exam after 12th exam or after qualifying CDS exam after Graduation.

The competition is really very touch and passing percentage in both exams is very low. Indian Army is the world 3rd largest army and usually it hires 20000 army yearly. If you are 12th qualified then you can apply for the NDA-1 whose exams are usually conducted in the month of November and then after you can apply for the NDA-2 whose exam will be conducted in the month of June. After qualifying the written exam you will be called for the SSB interview and after qualifying SSB interview you will be selected for any post in Indian Army. You can also become sniper only after completion of training program whose duration will be of 6 to 9 month.
13th September 2021, 12:05 AM
Unregistered

Indian army sniper age qualifications
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?