31st August 2012, 12:12 AM
Unregistered

How to apply for IES and GATE exam?

Hw 2 apply IES & GATE exams gets a perfect govt. Job?...please tell me

31st January 2013, 08:44 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to apply for IES and GATE exam?

IES or Indian engineering exams are conducted by UPSC each year
This exam is held once each year
Exam in the year 2013 would be held from 28th June 2013 for 3 days
Notifications for this exam would come out on 16th March 2013

Eligibilty to apply to this exam is BE/BTECH PASS
Final year BE/BTECH pass candidates can also apply
Age of the candidates should be between 21 and 30 years
OBC gets 3 years and SC/ST gets 5 years age relaxations

GATE exams are conducted by IIT eacg year
Eligibilty to apply to this exam is BE/BTECH PASS
Final year BE/BTECH pass candidates can also apply
Next GATE exams would be conducted in January 2014
Notification would come out in august 2013
31st January 2013, 10:02 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How to apply for IES and GATE exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi

IES and GATE are similar examinations. IES - Indian Engineering Services which is a government of India jobs which are offered to fresh graduate engineers. Its conducted and organized by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year in the month of June. Its conducted over 3 days.

On the other hand GATE - Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This is conducted by the IIT's for the purpose of selecting candidates for the M.Tech post graduation courses and also for the PSU recruitment processes as from recent news the PSU's won't conduct their own Entrances and instead select candidates with the GATE Score and rank.

Now the Basic Eligibility Criteria for both of them is that you should be a minimum graduate in Engineering from any recognized college or university. In GATE Final year appearing candidates can apply but in IES only graduates who are finished with their Engineering can apply. Also in GATE more streams are available for the exam, but in IES only four i.e Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics can apply.

To apply for the GATE, The Notification was out in October and if you have not applied then, I am sorry you cannot apply anymore for the GATE 2013 as the application process is closed. For the IES UPSC would start application process in March.

Please Click here to visit the official UPSC Website so that you can see regular updates for the notifications.

All the best
Regards
RANJEET
1st February 2013, 08:59 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Once in a year.

If you have completed engineering discipline in following departments then you are eligible for IES exam

1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering
3.Mechanical engineering.
4.Electronics and Communication Engineering.

If you have M.Sc degree in Physics , Radio Physics then you are applicable for IES exam.Final year student also eligible for IES exam .

The applicant age should between 21 yrs to 30 yrs.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate.

Final year student also eligible for IES exam .

So if you want to apply for IES Exam then you should visit to UPSC website .For Online Application using the link http://upsconline.nic.in

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering .This exam is conducted for M-Tech admission , PHD admission and some of the organization recruit the candidate through GATE score.

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department are applicable for GATE Exam.There is no marks criteria.

There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam.You can apply here maximum time.There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.GATE score is valid for TWO years.3rd year student are NOT eligible for This year GATE exam.

For online application you should visit to IIT website .Because every year GATE exam conduct various IIT .
2nd February 2013, 02:22 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

The acronym for IES is Indian Engineering Service.

The acronym for GATE is Gratitude Aptitude Test in Engineering.

The eligibility criteria required for IES examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of graduation in engineering discipline or a final year student of graduation from any recognised college or university.

* Age limit- 21-30 yrs.

The eligibility criteria required for GATE examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of graduation in engineering/ Design/Technology or Architecture from any recognised college or university.

* Final year students are not applicable for GATE examination.

* There is no age bar and no attempts for GATE examination.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?