30th March 2011, 05:15 PM
Unregistered

What should I opt between science and commerce if I have interest in both the subjects?

plzzzzz help me out...i'm gud in studies..i score around 90% ...i've intrest in both science n commerce...so i cant decide on my intrest basis...my shool offers better studies for commerce than science.....but science has got an advantage dat v can take commerce after 12th...so wat shud i take...plz help me !!!!!!!!!!!!1

6th June 2011, 09:39 PM
princearyan
Senior Member+

Default Re: What should I opt between science and commerce if I have interest in both the subjects?

look my friend as you know that both the fields have their own perspectives.As you are good in academics it is high time that you decide any one field and make sure you put in your best in that.say if you take up science and pick up Engineering then just maintain an aggregate of 70% all over then you are eligible for any damn company.or even if you are interested for higher studies science is a good option.
And if you go for commerce then you try for CA.
But science in today's rat race gives an easy scope for betterment.
So all the best for your future and hope that you pick the right stream.
If you are
7th June 2011, 01:00 AM
teacherx

Default Re: What should I opt between science and commerce if I have interest in both the subjects?

Actually i was in the same situation 4 years back.

Quote:
.but science has got an advantage dat v can take commerce after 12th.
actually this advantage is not of any use to science students.Instead what they have done is that they have wasted 2 very important years of their life (11th and 12th).Only those students who takes science because their friends are taking it ,later find difficult to manage it and ultimately drop out leaving themselves in the middle.So this is not an advantage.

secondly it is generally difficult to make a choice between science and commerce because at this grade we are unaware of the actual work which we have to do in these fields.

so ask your self this question

1.are you a guy who is technical ?who wants to know how things work ? are you attracted towards computers ,power systems ,machines radios etc etc ?
if yes then science is the right choice for you

2.If these are not your interests then go for commerce

don't just choose because one has advantage over another or one has more scope over another.Just follow your interests and you will get success as a side effect
7th June 2011, 04:27 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
plzzzzz help me out...i'm gud in studies..i score around 90% ...i've intrest in both science n commerce...so i cant decide on my intrest basis...my shool offers better studies for commerce than science.....but science has got an advantage dat v can take commerce after 12th...so wat shud i take...plz help me !!!!!!!!!!!!1
Both the Streams are good, but you can opt only one of them.

If you are interested in Both the streams, then i will suggest you to opt Science Stream after 10th and after completing your 12th, You can easily Opt Commerce.

So, if you think Science stream has great scope than Commerce, then you can opt science field. So i will suggest you to opt only one field, in which you have a great Interest, Only then you can handle that course and to get sucess. So please think properly, help for your senior, consult with your teachers and then decide, which field is best for you.

But according to me Both the field have great scope. If you can Opt commerce then you can Do courses like CA, CS, ICWAI, BBA, B.com, MBA etc. And all these courses will provide you best jobs in Top MNC's. Because there are very wide career in Management field.

But You can opt commerce after completing your 12th also. So if you are intrested in Science, then please dont worry Just Opt science and after completing 12th from science, if you feel that you can switch towards, then please opt commerce after completing your 12th. So please think properly, Both the courses are good, So please choose according to your Interest, Onlly then you will get sucess in future.
7th June 2011, 05:01 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi
i read your question mindfully
last i decide your school provide both the stream
in your passage i understand you have so much interested in commerce
but in pressure of your future you get some confuse
your mind will not set up for science and commerce

but both commerce and science have good future about their own field
you do not worry about
simply what is your choice you take///

decission is yours......................

GOOD LUCK...................
7th June 2011, 06:06 PM
chinta.ramesh

its may be both streams are good but if do you int rested in the commerce&sceiece can joion in that better way of going your good opperthunity for the next basic of your study..
7th June 2011, 06:17 PM

may i CHOCCE IN AI EEE 2011 COUNCLING ?
7th June 2011, 06:38 PM
israo

Quote:
dear friend
if you are a good student and interested in both science and commerce,
you better go for science stream in your bachelors and then you go for management in your post graduation. ur career will be a success. why i feel in this way is, mathematics and science are the most important sources of information and it will help you in achieving a headstart in your career after your post graduation. I hope this will be a suitable advise.
yours sincerely
israo
7th June 2011, 06:50 PM
sourindra

I think you should go for science stream. Science stream has much scope than commerce stream.
7th June 2011, 07:45 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

All the fields have good advantages now a days so the main thing depends upon your real interest lies in a particular field.If your shool offers you better studies in commerce than Go for that & make you determinate to one direction.You can get a number of opportunities in the field of commerce too.

But If you still wants to learn science & you have an ability also to do it then I will suggest you that at the time of filling of your 12th class examination form you can opt one or two additional subjects & can sit in the examination.

Another option is to do science as a regular mode & commerce through a distance learning mode just to gain some knowledge for the subject.
7th June 2011, 08:46 PM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

Hello,
Its appreciable you are interested in science as well as maths. If your school/authority allows you to opt for commerce+maths or commerce+biology (as per your interest), then you can be comfortable with your interesting subjects.
Both the field has tremendous job opportunities and nice carrier options. Moreover you will have benefit over commerce+ science, you can apply either for commerce sector as management studies, marketing, buiseness-trendships etc. As well as you will have chance to enter in research based fields via choosing science as your carrier subject after high school exam.
But remember its most hard working option, few students opt carrier options like this and those who managed with the variation in subjects and 'time', got the highest point of success stories. So hard working with better time management will be your prime preferences.
Although by some reasons you couldn't choose both the stream, you should choose the field which you like most, it may be either commerce or science.
You know about your will power, determinations, and the most precious capacity. So choose the field on behalf of all your working capacity.
You can decide it with calmness, in relaxed time, but remember 'Time and Tide wait for none.'
ok, best of luck.
7th June 2011, 11:17 PM
August
Senior Member+

dear friend

first be clear about your interest what you want to study further i.e science or commerce.

both field are excellent, each have better scope in jobs.

science is a field which has enough options like medical, engineering etc.

it is fully job full field.

commerce also promises better future like in CA, MBA etc.

so it is you who will decide what you want to study as both are equally rated.

but science has a better edge over commerce.

all the best.
7th June 2011, 11:25 PM
August
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: What should I opt between science and commerce if I have interest in both the subjects?

dear friend

first be clear about your interest what you want to study further i.e science or commerce.

both field are excellent, each have better scope in jobs.

science is a field which has enough options like medical, engineering etc.

it is fully job full field.

commerce also promises better future like in CA, MBA etc.

so it is you who will decide what you want to study as both are equally rated.

but science has a better edge over commerce.

all the best.
8th June 2011, 04:43 AM
pongapandit

Quote:
Dear student,
Its upto your discretion to opt for the sream
You must analyze your weaknesses and strength before opting any stream.

But I would personally recommend you to take up science as it does not shuts down the option like that of commerce.

With regards..
Ravi
11th June 2011, 04:53 PM
SUMITRA_M

In my opinion you should in for science stream. I know you have more interest in science than commerce. Take admission in a good school and give air to your wings.
12th June 2011, 10:11 PM
Unregistered

what should i opt b/w pcm, pcb, and commerce as i have interest in science and commerce both
19th June 2011, 03:23 PM
Unregistered

i have opted commerce but somehow i feel that science is something i want to study but al members of my family want me to continue with commerce what should i do plz help me.....
26th June 2011, 02:51 PM
Unregistered

i have opted for commerce but somehow i feel that science is something i want to study but al members of my family want me to continue with commerce what should i do ?
28th June 2011, 11:29 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

This is a very peculiar situation that you are in. It’s a very difficult choice that you need to make. You have to realize that once a decision is made there will not be a turning back. Since you have scored a high percentage, there is no doubt that which ever course you choose, you will be doing good in that. You have also mentioned that you are interested in both the fields. In that case, it is suggested you to talk to eminent people esp. those from your family itself, who are in these fields and try to find out what your are more keen to do. Another way of finding out, is to read career guidance books, which will give you full description about the various pros and cons of each courses and career.
25th July 2011, 08:29 PM
Unregistered

i have scored 93% in 10....what should i choose... interested in both the subjects....so plzz help me to know is commerce has good future or not
7th August 2011, 05:35 PM
dhruv007

as you say are very good in study then you should opt maths steam. because maths have very large arena of jobs possibilities.
7th August 2011, 05:38 PM
dhruv007

Arrow Re: What should I opt between science and commerce if I have interest in both the subjects?

As you say are very good in study then you should opt maths steam. because maths have very large arena of jobs possibilities.
15th October 2011, 07:51 PM
raju bhai

This is a very peculiar situation that you are in. It’s a very difficult choice that you need to make. You have to realize that once a decision is made there will not be a turning back. Since you have scored a high percentage, there is no doubt that which ever course you choose, you will be doing good in that. You have also mentioned that you are interested in both the fields. In that case, it is suggested you to talk to eminent people esp. those from your family itself, who are in these fields and try to find out what your are more keen to do. Another way of finding out, is to read career guidance books, which will give you full description about the various pros and cons of each courses and career.

thanks
22nd March 2012, 01:23 PM
Unregistered

I am good at studies.. recently i appear in 10th exam. cbse BOARD. I am sure that i will score more than 93% in tenth. I am interested in both science as well as commerce. i am confused what to choose next for a better career option? MOREOVER in commerce i m strongly interested in economics and in maths and chemistry. if i choose commerce than that will be only for study economics. please help me out ..please . please. i m in a great trouble.. SURYA MANI
18th June 2012, 09:26 PM
dhivmyth

Hai friend,
Both science and commerce have its own abundant opportunities.
If you take science:-
*If you take science that too with biology its bit difficult,but being a student of 93% I guess u can surely manage,you can go ahead with your interested subjects like maths and chemistry to the fullest,scoring well and getting placed in a good college.
*The science stream shows an open door to all the fields in the world,you can even do management or accoutant(CA) courses,after being done with your science,this is the greatest advantage,but how far your are strong in the basics is another question.
*Yes,you can start of with your primary stage of your career with science with a greater hope.

If you take commerce:-

*Even commerce has got a greater job oppotunities in and around the world.
*You can opt for commerce with maths as you are interested in maths and economics,and no need to worry that you have only one subject of your interest in commerce stream.
*After completing 12th,join courses,crack the exams and enter your dream job.

"All the best".

Dhivya.R
20th June 2012, 07:59 PM
Unregistered

hii i wanna ask u that what is difference between commerce and biofocal commerce? i have got 70% so which is better for me??
20th June 2012, 08:02 PM
Unregistered

what is difference betwwen commerce and biofocal commerce? i have got 70% in ssc exam so which is better for me
25th April 2013, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

I hav interest in business and I want to becom a CA but my parents r telling that i can do CA by taking sciencegroup but i wanna pursue it throug. what do u say
16th May 2013, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

what should i opt science or commerce i wanted to do mba but i am afrd of entrance exam weather i wll pass or not
14th April 2015, 01:40 PM
Unregistered

Give me some information about commerce because i dont know about it i am average student which course is easier for me science or commerce
25th April 2016, 07:16 PM
Unregistered

Being a software engineer, I just want to suggest you that your academic score of 10 doesn't matter. As uptill 10 only SMART WORK is done not any HARD WORK. The main thing is that you should ask yourself that "Are you ready to study for around 15-16 hrs a day....?" .Science needs hard work.You have to forget yourself. Rest the main thing is that if you opt for science then it will serve as an ADVANTAGE after 12. The THUMB RULE is that if one has written (here written refers to the degrees) more upto the age of 25 then you have to write less (here write less refers to 'signatures') after 25 and vice-versa. Hope my blog works as suggestion for you.

Thanks for giving your precious time...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?