27th January 2015, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

Should I opt for Science if interested in Commerce?

Hii
Im in 10th and in Fiitjee as well but I have no interest in science as I don't understand anything. I soo wanna take commerce but my parents are forcing me to take science as they think there's more scope in science. Please hrlp me out with this!

28th January 2015, 05:58 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I opt for Science if interested in Commerce?

It is true that the scope of Science is wider than other streams but after 10+2 you need to choose a path in Science which will eventually reduce the scope. So there is no point in taking Science only because there is more scope. Rather it might bring adverse effects on your studies and career if you take up Science having no interest in it and not being able to understand anything. You should definitely go for commerce since you have interest in it. After all, it is only you who will have to study the course syllabus. Hence in order to excel, it is always recommended to go for the field in which you have interest and comfort. Try to convince your parents regarding the same and work hard because you can rise to great heights taking commerce.
29th January 2015, 12:09 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I opt for Science if interested in Commerce?

First of all let me tell you that always do what your heart says and not what others ask or force you to do.

It is true that there are more scopes in Science stream, but this is also a fact that Commerce stream also has many scopes and has a bright career laid down for you ahead.

If you are very much interested in Commerce stream, then I would suggest you to go for it, and make the best use of yourself.

It is only in our mind that plays the vital role, if once you take any stream as a challenge then you surely will succeed in it.

However, below I am enumerating some career scopes after 12th commerce:

There are many career opportunities open for a student who has taken up commerce in 12th.

The most popular Undergraduate courses available in Commerce stream after 12th is B.Com(H) and BBA

However, there are many short term courses also for which one can opt for like Diploma or Certificate courses on Banking, Insurance, Taxation, Stock Market, etc.

Jobs can be found in various sectors like:

1. Account Officer

2. Stock Exchange Broker

3. Accounting Clerk

4. Accounting Analyst

5. Financial Consultant

6. Balance Sheet Reconciliator, etc.

Moreover, B.Com and BBA graduates can pursue post graduate courses like MBA, M.Com, CA, CFA, CS, etc.

Courses after 12th in commerce:

Degree courses:

1. Bachelor of Commerce

2. Bachelor of Business Studies

3. Bachelor of Arts in Business Economics

4. Bachelor of Business Administration in Banking

5. Bachelor of Administration in Account and Finance

6. Bachelor of Administration in Marketing and Finance

7. Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting and Taxation

8. Bachelor of Commerce in Advanced Accountancy

9. Bachelor of Commerce Banking and Insurance

10. Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting

11. Bachelor of Commerce in Computer Application

12. Bachelor of Commerce in Applied Economics

13. Bachelor of Commerce in Financial Accounting

14. Bachelor of Commerce in Corporate Accountancy

15. Bachelor of Commerce in Commercial Law, etc

Diploma Courses:

1. Diploma in Banking and Insurance Management

2. Diploma in E-Commerce

3. Diploma in Tally Software

4. V Stock Analysis and Trading

Certificate Courses:

1. Certificate course in Micro Finance

2. Certificate course in Applied Managerial Economics

3. Certificate course in Stock Market

4. Certificate course in Accounting
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?