26th April 2012, 06:25 PM
SAM-NTL

What should I opt for my PG either go for MCA or M.Sc IT? I am working as a system engineer in a IT industry. I completed my graduation with History Hons.

I am working as a system engineer in a IT industry. I completed my graduation with History Hons. completed the A+ N+ course. currebtly doing CCNA. aftet completeing CCNA i wanted to go for studu In M.SC IT. but someone suggest me go for MCA. so, i little bit confused which was suitable for my future carrer point of view. please suggest me..........

Related Questions:
12th March 2023, 03:17 AM
NaubiShah

Default Re: What should I opt for my PG either go for MCA or M.Sc IT? I am working as a system engineer in a IT industry. I completed my graduation with History Hons.

Both MCA (Master of Computer Applications) and M.Sc IT (Master of Science in Information Technology) are good options for someone who is working as a system engineer in the IT industry. However, there are some differences between the two courses.

MCA is a three-year postgraduate course that provides a comprehensive understanding of computer applications and programming languages. It covers various topics like software development, database management, network administration, and computer architecture. It is a more technical course that focuses on the application of computing concepts.

On the other hand, M.Sc IT is a two-year postgraduate course that focuses on the theoretical aspects of information technology. It covers topics like software engineering, data structures, algorithms, and computer networks. It is a more theoretical course that focuses on the concepts and principles of computing.

Both courses have their own advantages and disadvantages. MCA is more job-oriented and provides better career opportunities in the IT industry. It is also more recognized by employers as it provides practical training in software development, database management, and other technical skills. M.Sc IT, on the other hand, provides a deeper understanding of the theoretical aspects of computing and is more research-oriented.

As you are already working as a system engineer in the IT industry, MCA would be a better option for you as it will provide you with practical skills that you can apply in your job. However, it ultimately depends on your interests and career goals. You should research both courses in detail and choose the one that aligns with your career aspirations.

Also, keep in mind that pursuing a postgraduate course while working can be challenging, so make sure to plan your time and prioritize your studies accordingly.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?