12th May 2016, 04:20 PM
Mansi chandarana

What should I prefer other than MBBS and BDS to have a perfect future?

Actually I am not interested in mbbs and bds. I want to work in a pathogen lab, or a biotech teacher, etc.. So what can i prefer as a perfect future option for me? ( first preference:- pathogen lab)?

Related Questions:
  1. What is the future in BDS or MDS? Prospects in earning? Are there any colleges in Karnataka which offer MBBS seat for fees without donation?
  2. What is the scope of doing BDS course in Nepal?
  3. Will I get admission in MBBS or BDS with 875 rank in MBBS/BDS exam? What is the fee structure? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Is it possible to study MBBS or MS ENT after completing BDS?
  5. Should BDS in government college be preferred over joining MBBS in private college?
  6. Can I get job in Abroad after completing BDS? What is the scope of BDS over MBBS?
  7. Is it possible to do MBBS in UK after BDS?
  8. Which course is best among BDS and MBBS?
  9. Can I apply for MBBS course after completion of BDS degree?
  10. What to select MBBS or BDS or BAMS? Which has got more scope? CET rank required for admission? Related details if opting for BAMS?
  11. Duration of MBBS course after BDS?
  12. Can I get admission in BDS program if unable to get MBBS seat in CMC Vellore?
  13. Is it possible to study MBBS or MS ENT after completing BDS? Any entrance exams available for PG courses?
  14. What is the fees for admission in MBBS and BDS courses?
  15. After scoring 8425 rank in BDS and 15500 in MBBS in Manipal can I get a seat in college? Will I get admission in good BDS or MBBS college after scoring 72 in COMEDK?
  16. What are the options other than MBBS and BDS for students having medical background after 12th class
  17. Is there a good future in BDS? What further studies can be done Abroad after BDS?
  18. Am I eligible to get admission in MBBS after BDS and complete in just one year and do next year internship?
12th May 2016, 11:31 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I prefer other than MBBS and BDS to have a perfect future?

To become pathologist a candidate must have passed 12th with medical stream then you have to pursue MBBS by qualifying Medical Entrance Exam after passing 12th. After completion of MBBS course you have to qualify the Entrance Exam to pursue Masters in pathology to become pathologist. After that you have to complete your MD Pathology. This is the whole process you have to follow to become pathologist.

If you are not interested to pursue MBBS then you can directly opt for BSC in Biotechnology and then for MSc in Biotechnology as you have another option also.
13th May 2016, 08:59 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

Default Re: What should I prefer other than MBBS and BDS to have a perfect future?

# After minutely going through your query I came to know that you want to opt any field other than MBBS or BDS. Moreover, you have also shown your interest in the field of pathology in the query.

# It is mandatory to undergone through MBBS programme in order to become a Pathologist. After completion of MBBS, one has to go for specialization in pathology.

# You have to decide yourself about opting of any field as your career. I am going to suggest few fields other than MBBS & BDS here below:

* Bachelor in Ayurvedic Medicine & Surgery (BAMS)
* Bachelor in Unani Medicine & Surgery (BUMS)
* Bachelor in Homeopathic Medicine & Surgery (BHMS)
* Bachelor in Physiotherapy (BPT)
* B.Sc. in Cognitive Science
* B.Sc. in Agriculture
* B. Sc. in Forestry
* Diploma/Bachelor in Pharmacy
* Paramedical Courses
* Degree/Diploma in Naturopathy
* Biotechnology
* Bachelor in Science (B.Sc)

# If you have also taken subject Mathematics at 10+2 level, then you may choose any field mentioned below:

* Bioinformatics
* Embryologist/Embryology
* Genetic Engineering
* Bachelor in Computer Application (BCA)

# There are also other miscellaneous career options mentioned below:

* Bachelor in Business Administration (BBA)
* LLB/LLM
* Architecture and Interior Designing
* Mass Communication & Journalism
* Forensic Science
* Jewellery designing
* Animation
* Film Direction Courses
* Hotel management
* Bachelor in Design
15th May 2016, 11:06 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansi chandarana View Post
Actually I am not interested in mbbs and bds. I want to work in a pathogen lab, or a biotech teacher, etc.. So what can i prefer as a perfect future option for me? ( first preference:- pathogen lab)?
If you want to continue with Medical stream than choices are very few in that but if you opt for Engineering or some other courses than you are having chance of having very bright future after getting good placement jobs from reputed universities.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?