7th January 2017, 02:01 PM
Unregistered

What is the syllabus for JRF Genetics exam? Which books should I prefer studying?

Respected Sir, I have applied for JRF Genetics exam so I want to know what is the syllabus for JRF Genetics exam? Which books should I prefer studying so that I can qualify the exam? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Syllabus and books for MSc plant breeding and genetics for ICAR JRF examination
  2. Which books should I prefer for NET JRF exam for Social Health and Community Medicine?
  3. What is the syllabus for M.Sc Mathematics entrance exam? Which books should I prefer studying?
  4. Which course is better for me in between M.Sc(Entomology) and Agriculture Economics after B.Sc Agriculture to get job in ICAR? How to prepare for JRF exam? Reference book for JRF preparation?
  5. What is the syllabus for GPSC DEO exam 2017? Which books should I prefer studying?
  6. What is the syllabus for M.Sc Zoology entrance exam? Which books should I prefer studying?
  7. What is the syllabus for genetics and plant breeding to enter MSc(AG) through JRF
  8. What is the scope of doing MSc in Genetics and Plant Breeding? How to prepare for ICAW JRF Plant Sciences? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. What is the syllabus for BFA exam of BHU and Delhi University? Which books should I prefer studying so that I can qualify the exam? -- [New]
  10. Previous year question papers and books for ICAR/JRF Plant Science?
  11. How should I prepare for GATE exam? Which books should I prefer studying?
  12. How can I qualify B.Ed entrance exam? Which books should I prefer studying?
  13. What is the syllabus for ICAR JRF in plant breeding?
  14. Books, syllabus and current research topics of NET JRF?
  15. What is the eligibility criteria for doing M.Sc Genetics after completion of B.Pharm?
  16. How should I do the preparation for CS Foundation? Which books should I prefer studying?
  17. Syllabus for ICAR JRF Plant Science? How to prepare for it in 8 months?
  18. List of good books for preparation of JRF Horticulture
4th March 2017, 11:34 AM
lethal predator
Member+

Default Re: What is the syllabus for JRF Genetics exam? Which books should I prefer studying?

The JRF Syllabus are as under.

JRF Syllabus for Genetics:

Characterstics of prokaryotic and eukaryotic organisms
Difference between fungi, bacteria, mycoplasms and viruses
Physical and chemical basis of heredity
Chromosome structure
DNA replication, transcription and translation
Genetic Code
Operon concept
Genetic engineering
Restriction enzymes
Vectors
Gene cloning
Gene transfer
Plant cell and tissue culture
Micro --Propagation
Somaclonal variation
Transformation
Recombination
Heterosis

The Best books for the Genetics Science are as under:

Genetics: A Conceptual Approach -- Pierce, B. A

Principles of Genetics -- Gardner, E.J.Simmons, M.J & Snustad, D.P

Schaum's Outline of Theory and Problems of Genetics -- William D. Stansfield
9th July 2017, 06:21 PM
ravinayadav256

Default Re: What is the syllabus for JRF Genetics exam? Which books should I prefer studying?

JRF syallbus for Genetic exam.
Genetics :-
Mendellian genetics
mitosis
meiosis
recombination
DNA structure
replication
transcription
translation
DNA
footprinting
control of gene expression
polymerase chain reaction
recent trends in molecular biology.

Books for JRF genetic:-

Genetics- at a glance
Dr. Phundan Singh

Objective Plant Breeding
Dr. Phundan Singh

Fundamentals of Plant Breeding
B D Singh

Agricultural plant pathology
R. Singh

Plant Pathology
Taro & kappor

Objective Plant Pathology
Bhattacharya

Quantitative Genetics and Crop Breeding
S.,Thirugnanakumar

Textbook of Seed Science and Technology
Prakash
24th August 2022, 11:27 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I want to prepare for jrf exam, currently iam in 2nd year. In Jrf exam whethere we have to take only one subject .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?