8th January 2017, 10:41 AM
Kumar bhim

How should I prepare for GATE exam? Which books should I prefer studying?

Respected Sir, I want to appear for GATE exam and qualify it so I want to know how should I prepare for GATE exam? Which books should I prefer studying? Do I have to join a Coaching Institute for preparation? Please answer as soon as possible.

15th January 2017, 02:10 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I prepare for GATE exam? Which books should I prefer studying?

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

Eligibility criteria for GATE exam:

1. You should have done bachelor's degree in engineering or technology.

2. M.Sc in mathematics or science or computer application candidates can also apply for this exam.

How to prepare for GATE exam:

Focus on basic concepts of each technical subject of your stream. Solve objective questions of previous year GATE paper of your stream.

Solve mock paper of GATE exam. You can join test series of any coaching institute like GATE Forum or MADE EASY etc. You have not mentioned your stream, it is not possible to provide list of books.
15th January 2017, 10:52 PM
secret29
Senior Member+

Default Re: How should I prepare for GATE exam? Which books should I prefer studying?

If you are a B.tech/Graduaes Pre-Final year students then you should do hard labor to crack GATE.

These entrance exams are basically conducted for students of technical background.
If you are cracking this exams then you will get A grade job which comes under PSUs

Some of the other details regarding gate are :-

GATE stands for GRADUATE APTITUDE TEST FOR ENGINEERING.Final year students are also eligible for the GATE exams 2017.
Those who have completed their three years in the graduate level can appear in the GATE 2017 exams.

This is a very important exams for the graduates students.The gate rank holder students can go either for the higher studies like M.Tech Or can go for the Job IN PSU sector. But the whole process is dependent on the basis of the GATE rank.

The jobs offered through gate rank varries as per the PSUs companies.Some of the PSUs companies are:-BHEL,GAIL,SAIL,NTPC,BARC,NPCIL,BEL......

All the government companies have their own Criteria and the different companies have thier own cut-off for the gate rank holder.

So you will have to plan and prepare well to get good rank in Gate. Questions will be asked from the course and syllabus only and hence you will have to focus completely on your syllabus and you will have to clear each and every doubts before the Gate examinations. Also you can join test series conducted by the various coaching centers.

Last year Cut-off marks for the GATE exams has been given below-

Mechanical Civil Electrical Instrumentation

UR 65 15 15 7 7 35 144
SC 19 5 5 2 2 11 44
ST 10 2 2 1 1 5 21
OBC 35 8 8 3 3 19 76
Total 129 30 30 13 13 70 285

From the mentioned you can imagine the level of Gate exam and I will advice to give your 100% to crack this exam.
25th July 2019, 10:46 AM
aryaman10

GATE exam is conducted by IITs/IISC. So to crack this exam candidate should be thorough with the basics and application of the subject.
Since you have not mentioned your branch so Its not possible to refer the exact books.
But any standard books for a subject one can follow to complete the gate syllabus.
Just keep in mind to limit your resources. One book per subject will do the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?