31st August 2013, 10:40 AM
Unregistered

What is the syllabus for UPPSC? I am a 35 years old student

i am 35 yrs and want to prepare for uppsc . what is the entrance exam criterion. and syllabus for uppsc. i want to opt political science as optional subject.

24th December 2014, 09:01 AM
smithapriya

Default Re: What is the syllabus for UPPSC? I am a 35 years old student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am 35 yrs and want to prepare for uppsc . what is the entrance exam criterion. and syllabus for uppsc. i want to opt political science as optional subject.
UPPSC will conduct exam for recruiting persons for various jobs. It will recruit person based on written Main / Prelims exam.
Syllabus:
  • Current Affairs of National and International Importance – This will also include questions on Sports & Games.
  • Logical, Critical Reasoning and Analytical Ability.
  • General Mental Ability – Questions as would test candidates’ result-oriented aptitude.
  • Statistical Analysis – Graphs and Diagrams, as would test the candidates’ ability to draw common sense
  • Conclusions from information presented in statistical, graphical or diagrammatical form.
  • General Awareness and Knowledge of Indian Constitution and Panchayati Raj system
  • Computer Knowledge – Introduction to computers, Hardware & Software, Computer Network, Internet & E-mail.
  • Gandhian Thoughts – Political, Social and Economic spheres.
  • U.P. specific questions -On Education, Culture, Agriculture, Population, Trade & Commerce, Social Customs, Industries etc.
  • Interpersonal Skills including Communication Skills, Decision making and Problem-solving.
  • General Human behaviors – Discipline, Morality, Leadership, Women-empowerment.
  • General Science – Questions on General Science will cover general appreciation and understanding of science including matters of everyday observation and special study of any scientific discipline. This will also include questions on role of science and technology in the development of India.

There will be Negative Marking in Paper-I. Paper-II will be of Descriptive Nature.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?