22nd September 2011, 09:46 PM
sampooranam

What type of questions will be expected in VAO exam? Books to be referred to prepare for VAO exam?

hai friends,
now i am doing undergraduate programme.i have one doubt ,which type of questions will be expected in VAO exam and what are all the books are available for preparing VAO exam.whether GK is more needed or not.

8th November 2011, 01:29 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What type of questions will be expected in VAO exam? Books to be referred to prepare for VAO exam?

i m 31 year old lady i m eligible for govt job or not and i belong to general category
17th November 2011, 07:57 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What type of questions will be expected in VAO exam? Books to be referred to prepare for VAO exam?

i want to know the ddte of vao exam in 2012
6th December 2011, 02:05 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
I am Mrs. velumani. date of birth : 04.06.1974. M.Sc. maths compleated. I want to know whether i am eligible to write vao exam or not?

thanks.
8th December 2011, 01:59 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
I am 2 completed and i doing B.Com(distance education) and i am completed in D.C.A, Tally erp.9(computer skills). i wnat know i am eligible or not i belong to general catagory
18th January 2012, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

is there any age limit to do regular courses in college?
14th April 2012, 01:46 PM
Unregistered

which is the best book for preparing vao exam????
17th May 2012, 12:44 PM
Unregistered

which is the best book preparing in vao exam?????
16th July 2012, 05:47 PM
Unregistered

which book have to refer for vao exam?
19th July 2012, 12:27 PM
Unregistered

which book i have to refer for vao exam pls send me
25th July 2012, 03:28 PM
mounithamoni

sir
i m mounitha
which type of book i have to refer for Vao exam Pls send me
i want tamil book
26th August 2012, 10:19 AM
Unregistered

Respected Sir, My Name is N Gurumoorthy, I am an ex servicemen, my date of birth is 15 June 1979 and I will be released from Indian Army on 31 May 2013. Am I eligible for VAO
29th December 2012, 05:59 PM
Unregistered

sir....
im abinaya..
im doing 3rd yr B.TECH ,d.o.b 20.4.1993, am i eligible for VAO exam and which book i have to refer pls reply
1st April 2013, 10:25 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampooranam View Post
hai friends,
now i am doing undergraduate programme.i have one doubt ,which type of questions will be expected in VAO exam and what are all the books are available for preparing VAO exam.whether GK is more needed or not.
VAO stands for Village Administrative Officers. For the recruitment of these officers an examination is conducted by Tamilnadu Public Service Commission. The notifications are released in two parts:- one for the SC/ST candidates and the second one for all the other candidates.

To sit for this exam you need to pass the SSLC exam successfully. In other words you need to pass the class 10 exam to sit for this exam. If you have high qualifications but not the SSLC certificate then you are not eligible.

The minimum age limit for all candidates is 21 years and for general category candidates the upper age limit is 30 years. For SCs,STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs, BCMs and DWs the upper age limit is 40 years.

To prove that you are physically fit, during the exam you need to show the authorities concerned medical certificates in the form of TNJMS, TNMS or TNSS.

For the exam you need to stress on the following sections: 1) General Knowledge and 2) General Tamil/General English. 150 marks each has been allotted for each paper and you will get three hours to complete the whole paper. You need to get 90/300 to qualify for this exam. Questions will be of SSLC standard and mainly objective type questions will be asked.

Books To Follow:-

TNPSC VAO: Pothu Arivu & Pothu Tamil
(Paperback, Tamil)
Publisher: Deepak Series

TNPSC VAO
(Paperback, Tamil)
Publisher: Vanitha Pathipagam

TNPSC VAO Complete guide( Raman's )
(Paperback, Tamil)
Publisher: The Raman'S Books

To know more about the exam pattern it is important for you to solve more model questions papers and last year's papers. I have uploaded some for you. Please download them and go through them once.

Hope this helps :-> :->
10th June 2013, 06:17 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir, I was finished my B.A. Public Administration in distance education. I am very sincerely preparing for tnpsc exams to become a VAO. Pls guide me to reach my ambition. how can i become a vao?
20th March 2014, 05:40 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampooranam View Post
hai friends,
now i am doing undergraduate programme.i have one doubt ,which type of questions will be expected in VAO exam and what are all the books are available for preparing VAO exam.whether GK is more or not.
Yes GK is must... Study 6 std to 10th std books for General studies.
Also current affairs and practise quantitative apptitude.
Also you can find the syllabus details in TNPSC website itselft.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?