27th September 2015, 10:15 AM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility criteria asked for applying CAT exam? Is M.Tech completed candidate eligible to apply for CAT or not?

I am pursuing 3rd year of an integrated course(B.tech M.tech).I would like to know if can switch to MBA by giving CAT after completing m.tech.If yes then what is the eligibility criteria? Can someone please give me the answer on the same soon?

28th September 2015, 01:42 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria asked for applying CAT exam? Is M.Tech completed candidate eligible to apply for CAT or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am pursuing 3rd year of an integrated course(B.tech M.tech).I would like to know if can switch to MBA by giving CAT after completing m.tech.If yes then what is the eligibility criteria? Can someone please give me the answer on the same soon?
Yes, integrated M.Tech degree candidates can apply for CAT exam.

CAT stands for Common Admission Test.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized with above 50% marks are eligible for CAT exam. Final year students are eligible for CAT exam.

Pattern for CAT exam:-

1.Data Interpretation.
2.Quantitative Aptitude.
3.Logical Reasoning.
4.Verbal Ability.

Best books for CAT exam:-

1. TIME - Book for Quantitative Aptitude - Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency
2. Siddhartha Balakrishnan - Mathematics for CAT
3. Theodor Seuss Geisel - The CAT in the HAT
4. Servash Verma - Quantum CAT
5. B S Sijwali - Analytical and Logical Reasoning
6. Sujit Kumar - Verbal Ability for CAT
7. Arun Sharma - How to prepare for CAT
8. Disha Publication - CAT Solved Papers as topic wise
9. Nishant K Sinha - The Pearson Guide to Quantitative Aptitude for CAT
28th September 2015, 02:35 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria asked for applying CAT exam? Is M.Tech completed candidate eligible to apply for CAT or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
CAT - Common Aptitude Test

This is one of the entrance exam which is conducted for candidates to join in management courses in India. The CAT score is used by various institutes to give admission for candidates.

The eligibility needed for applying for the CAT exam is:

# Candidate should have a completed a degree and candidates who are waiting for their results can also apply.

# The candidate should have secured at least 50% aggregate in their respected course and there are relaxation for other categories such as for SC/ST/OBC candidates they need to have got at least 45%.

The exam is split into 3 sections such as:
  1. Quantitative Ability consists of 34 questions.
  2. Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension consist of 34 questions
  3. Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning consists of 32 questions

The total duration of the exam is 3 hours. This is a computer based test and candidates can register online at the CAT website with a registration fee of Rs. 1600 for General and Rs. 800 for SC/ST/PWD.
28th September 2015, 04:21 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Degree in any discipline from a recognized university with at least 50% marks in the criteria for CAT. You will be definitely eligible for it if you have above 50% marks in your degree.

Don't worry about your qualification because you are definitely eligible in spite of being a integrated degree holder. All you have to make sure is that the university is recognized by UGC.
30th September 2015, 12:55 AM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

Yes, you can eligible for CAT exam.

CAT stands for Common Admission Test. CAT examination is conducted by IIM's every year for admission in IIM and top level MBA colleges.

Those candidate have completed graduation degree with above 50% marks are applicable for CAT exam but your degree must be recognized

Final year student are applicable for this exam.
There is no age limitation.

Pattern for CAT exam:-

Data Interpretation.
Quantitative Aptitude.
Logical Reasoning.
Verbal Ability.

For more details about CAT exam, you can visit to the official website http://www.catiim.in
1st October 2015, 12:37 AM
iruazim
Senior Member+

Yes, you are definitely eligible for CAT examination after the completion of M.Tech.
Candidates who have completed Graduation from a recognized University with at least 50% of marks are eligible for the CAT exam, final year students are also eligible for the same.
If you have scored at least of 50% marks in your integrated course then you are definitely eligible for the CAT exam.
26th November 2015, 03:10 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

You can apply for CAT after completing your course.

Since you have an integrated course (B.Tech + M.Tech), you have to score atleast 50% marks aggregate.
You can even apply in your final year of course.

However, keep in mind that you will have interview & group discussion round also other than CAT for admission. So, CAT score have 60-70 % weightage in final score.

Pattern for CAT exam:

-Data Interpretation.
-Quantitative Aptitude.
-Logical Reasoning.
-Verbal Ability.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?