26th February 2011, 06:30 PM
Unregistered

When will be the recruitment exam for Air Force? Eligibility criteria for it?

i am a student of bsc 1st year (physics major). i want to join airforce. wen will be the recruitment exam held in 2011 and what is the required eligiblity for appearing?

Related Questions:
  1. When will be the recruitment exam for Air Force? Eligibility criteria for it?
  2. How to become a pilot in Airforce if I am not interested in science?
  3. What's the eligibility criteria and selection procedure for joining Air Force? Currently I am studying in 11th
  4. Required Eligibility criteria to join Graduation in IGNOU being a candidate working in Air Force?
  5. How to become a Pilot in Indian Air Force?
  6. Is there any merit based selection for Army/Air Force/Navy recruitment through NDA-II entrance exam?
  7. Eligibility criteria to join Air-force as a Pilot? Is there any reservation provided to defense personal entrants in Air Force?
  8. Can I join IAF as a technical officer after doing International degree in electrical from USA?
  9. What is the criteria of Air Force selection?
  10. Which is the best IAF preparation coaching institute?
  11. Can girls be eligible to join Air Force? Eligibility criteria for this?
  12. Can I get a job as Air Commander, Group Captain or Wing Commander being a Mechanical Engineer? Eligibility criteria to join Air Force? -- [New]
  13. Detailed information and eligibility to apply in Indian Air Force Group-X recruitment?
  14. Can I join Indian Air Force with 84% in Maths, 87% in Physics, 93% in English and 88.2% aggregate in 12th?
  15. How to join Air Force after passing 12th class? What is the eligibility for Air Force?
  16. Are Girls eligible for Indian Air Force? Eligibility criteria and how to apply for it? Is there any limitation for it? Any jobs for girls in Indian Air Force?
  17. Which are the exam conducted for entry of girls in India Air Force? What is the eligibility criteria and syllabus?
  18. Syllabus for combined defense services exam ?Procedure for recruitment in Indian Air Force?
2nd January 2012, 04:20 PM
ak120591

Default Re: When will be the recruitment exam for Air Force? Eligibility criteria for it?

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
you should have 60% in your B.Sc and should have passed youn 12th standard with maths and physics.
besides this you shuld not have any backs while appearing for Airforce Common Enterance Test(AFCAT).
last date to post the form is 13th jan 2012.
download the form from the website:
http://www.careerairfoce.nic.in
5th January 2012, 10:53 AM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: When will be the recruitment exam for Air Force? Eligibility criteria for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am a student of bsc 1st year (physics major). i want to join airforce. wen will be the recruitment exam held in 2011 and what is the required eligiblity for appearing?
After the completion of your graduation you can join Indian Air force as an officer in the Flying Branch and Ground Duty Branch through two entry schemes i.e AFCAT and CDS. The details of both the entry schemes is given below:

AFCAT exam

The Air force common admission test is conducted by the Indian Air Force twice in a year. To apply for this examination a candidate should be graduate in any discipline from the recognized university.
For the Technical Branch only the engineering students or the equivalent degree holder candidates are eligible.
Candidate applying for the Flying branch and the Ground duty should have a minimum of 60% marks. Those appeared in the final year examination are also eligible to apply for this examination.

Age Limit
FLYING BRANCH
19-23 years

TECHNICAL BRANCH
18-28 years

GROUND DUTY BRANCH
20-23 years

For more information on AFCAT examination visit at the below web site
www.careerairforce.nic.in

CDS exam

Combined defence service examination is conducted by the Union Public service commission twice in a year. To apply for this examination a candidate should be graduate in any discipline from the recognized university.
Those appeared in the final year examination are also eligible to apply for this examination.
Candidate applying for the Indian Air force and Navy should have physics and maths at 10+2 level.

Age Limit
Indian Military Academy 19-24 Years
Air Force Academy 19-23 Years
Naval Academy 19-22 Years
Officers’ Training Academy 19-25 Years

For more information on CDS examination visit at the below web site
www.upsc.gov.in
5th January 2012, 11:56 AM
prabhu.a8

Default Re: When will be the recruitment exam for Air Force? Eligibility criteria for it?

Combined Defence Services Examination (CDSE)
You can take the Combined Defence Services Examination (written test conducted by UPSC) to join the Flying branch of the Indian Air Force. Men can join the Air Force through this mode of entry and will be given a Permanent Commission.
For applying through any of the entry points mentioned above, you must fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
Age 19 to 23 years
Marital Status Single
Nationality Indian
Gender for men only.
Educational Qualifications
1.Graduate (Three Year Course ) in any discipline from a recognised university (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) / BE / B Tech (Four Year Course) .
2. Final Year students can also apply, provided thay do not have any backlog.
5th January 2012, 12:16 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
After completion B.SC degree so you are eligible for CDSE and NCC SPECIAL ENTRY exam.

FOR CDSE EXAM=>

Those candidate are completed graduation are eligible for CDSE exam but 12 standard subject must be Math and Physics.

B-TECH ans BE student are also eligible for this exam .But you have not any Pending Backlog.

Final Year student are also eligible for CDSE exam.There is no percentage marks criteria.

AGE CRITERIA

Indian Military Academy - 19-24 Years
Air Force Academy - 19-23 Years
Naval Academy - 19-22 Years
Officer's Training Academy - 19-25 Years

NCC SPECIAL ENTRY=>

You can join Indian army through only NCC SPECIAL ENTRY SCHEME.

So you can apply Indian Army through SSC exam.Unmarried male and female both are eligible for this exam.

Those candidate have completed graduation degree with above 50% marks are eligible for SSC exam.you must have citizenship of India.

Your age should be in between 19 to 25 years .

The criteria of NCC ‘C’ Certificate holders to appear directly for SSB for Short Service Course (Non Technical).

THE CHART OF HEIGHT AND WEIGHT FOR SSB:-

Height/weight for Army/Air force.

Height/weight for Navy

For more details about this exam you can visit to www.joinindianarmy.nic.in .
5th January 2012, 01:46 PM
krawat44

Quote:
You can go direct after 12th by NDA if your age between 16.5 to 19 year.

After Graduate From B.Sc you can apply for Air Force in Officer Post in Flying Branch and Ground Duty By AFCAT(Air force common admission test)

Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) is a part of recently introduced Unified Selection System to provide adequate opportunities to the candidates eligible for multiple branches of the IAF to apply through single application.
Candidate applying for the Flying branch and the Ground duty should have a minimum of 60% marks. Those appeared in the final year examination are also eligible to apply for this examination.

Flying branch
Short Service Commission (Men / Women) AGE :- 19-23 years

Technical branch
Permanent Commission (Men) / Short Service Commission (Men / Women) AGE :- 18-28 years

Ground Duty branches
Permanent Commission (Men) / Short Service Commission (Men / Women) AGE :- 20-23 years

For Sample Paper Of AFCAT Click Here
5th January 2012, 01:48 PM
4G Solutions
Senior Member+

Post Re: When will be the recruitment exam for Air Force? Eligibility criteria for it?

Quote:
Recruitment exam for Indian Air Force

Following are the exam through which you can enter into Air Force:
  • AFCAT(Air Force Common Entrance Test.)
  • CDSE(Combined Defense service Examination)

::-AFCAT-::

Eligibility criteria for AFCAT-
  • You must have complete your Graduation degree(in any stream) from recognized university with minimum of 60% marks(aggregate in all paper put together).
  • Your age must be in between 19-23(for Flying branch), 18-28(for Technical branch) & 20-23(for Ground duty post).

AFCAT exam is conducted for the selection of candidates as an officer in Indian Air force for the various branches as follow-

1.Flying Branch

2.Ground Duty Branch

3.Technical Branch

AFCAT Selection procedure
  • AFCAT EXAM
  • SSB INTERVIEW
  • MEDICAL

Important=> Air force common admission test is going to be conducted on 26th February 2012. You can go through the advertisement of AFCAT examination from the below link;

http://careerairforce.nic.in/home.html

When you click on this link you will get the link of AFCAT 2012 and there you will get all the details regarding the Air force common admission test its application and all.

NOTE: The Last date to send the application form is 13th January

Syllabus of AFCAT....>
  • Reasoning
  • Verbal ability
  • General Awareness
  • Numerical ability
  • General Aptitude.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________________

::-CDSE-::

UPSC conduct CDS exam every year to recruit candidate in AFA(Air Force Academy) wings.

Eligibility criteria for AFA through CDS exam:
  • You should have the Graduation degree in Engineering from a recognized University with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level or Bachelor of Engineering(BE).
  • You Age should be between 19 to 23.

CDS exam notification will release in the month of Oct and June every year & exam will held in the month of Feb and September every year respectively.

Visit official website for more details.
~http://www.upsc.gov.in~

Good Luck.......

with Regards
4G Solutions
5th January 2012, 02:57 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
You are in B.SC 1st year so you are eligible only for NDA exam.After completion of your graduation degree you are eligible in CDS , UES and NCC SPECIAL Entry exam.

The NDA examination is conducted by UPSC for the admission in the Army,Naval wing and Air wing of the NDA.The examination is conducted twice in a year.

The eligibility Criteria for the NDA examination is that a candidate has passed class 12th or equivalent.Class 12th appearing students are also eligible for the examination.Age of the candidate should be between 16.5 years to 19 years.

Only unmarried male candidate are applicable.You must have citizenship of India.

If you have passed class 12th or appearing in it then you are quite eligible for the examination.

Important NDA Examination Dates (2012) :

>> Notification Released Date : 31/Dec/2011.
>> Last date of apply : 30/Jan/2012
>> Examination date : 15/April/2012.

Question pattern:-

I have attached the NDA notification and Physical eligibility criteria document.

For more details you can visit www.upsc.gov.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf NDA.pdf(481.8 KB, 44 views)
File Type: txt Physical Requirements for NDA.txt(3.2 KB, 135 views)
5th January 2012, 05:22 PM
sundaresh kalal

Quote:
\
Indian Air Force Recruitment 2012 for Engineers, Women, Pilot, Diploma Holders, IAF Recruitment 2012, Jobs, Vacancies.mportant Dares and Event:-

Date - Events:-

Last Date for receipt of application:- 22nd February 2011

Last Date for receipt of application for far flung areas candidates:- 1st march 2011

Date of Air force Common Admission Test(AFCAT):- 27th march 2011

Details of Courses are as follow:-

Female Candidates:-

Course Total Seat

Flying Branch:- 38 SSC

Educational Qualification:- B.E./B/Tech. Degree or Graduate Degree in any subjects with 60% marks secured and passed 10+2 in physics/math’s

Technical Branch:- 52 SSC

1. Age :- 18-28 years as on 1stJanuary 20122. Educational Qualification:- Aeronautical Engineering(Electronics/Mechanical with 60 % secured marks

Ground Duty Branches:- 40 SSC

1. Age :- 20-27 years as on 1stJanuary 20122. Educational Qualification:- PG Degree/Bachelor Degree in any subjects with 60 % marks secured

Male Candidates

Course - Total Seat

Flying Branch :- 9 SSC

Educational Qualification:- B.E./B/Tech. Degree or Graduate Degree in any subjects with 60% marks secured and passed 10+2 in physics/math’s

Technical Branch :- 80 AEC and 52 SSC

1. Age :- 18-28 years as on 1stJanuary 20122. Educational Qualification:- Aeronautical Engineering(Electronics/Mechanical with 60 % secured marks

Ground Duty Branches:- 131 GDOC and 24 SSC

1. Age :- 20-27 years as on 1stJanuary 20122. Educational Qualification:- PG Degree/Bachelor Degree in any subjects with 60 % marks secured

Scale of Pay:-

Post - Scale of pay

Flying officer:- PB-3 Rs. 15600-39100/- Grade Pay – Rs. 5400/- MSp – 6000/-

Flying Lieutenant:- PB-3 Rs. 15600-39100/- Grade Pay – Rs. 6100/- MSp – 6000/-

Squadron Leader:- PB-3 Rs. 15600-39100/- Grade Pay – Rs. 6600/- MSp – 6000/-

Wing commander:- PB-4 Rs. 37400-67000/- Grade Pay – Rs. 8000/- MSp – 6000/-

Group Captain:- PB-4 Rs. 37400-67000/- Grade Pay – Rs. 8700/- MSp – 6000/-

Air commodore:- PB-4 Rs. 37400-67000/- Grade Pay – Rs. 8900/- MSp – 6000/-

Air vice Marshal:- PB-4 Rs. 37400-67000/- Grade Pay – Rs. 8900/-

Air Marshal (PSO/VCAS/C-in-C):- Rs. 80,000/- fixed
5th January 2012, 07:00 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

http://lmcresult.com/showthread.php?tid=1255

Yes you can join surely to I.A.F. ( Indian Air Force ) after 12th and after that. As you are studing in B.Sc 1st year. So I think at first complete it then join to I.A.F. and it will be beneficial to you also. Besides this your percentage is till now is so good that you can get a good job in I.A.F. after B.Sc.
There are generally three branches and for these three branches there are three different eligible criteria.The three department are :

1. Flying Branch,
2. Technical Branch,
3. Ground Duty Branch.

The selection procedure are consist of two types which are :

1. AFCAT(Air Force Common Admission Test) and
2. Air Force Selection Boards(AFSB) .

Official website of Indian Air Force is given below :

http://www.indianairforce.nic.in

all the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?