27th July 2016, 06:23 PM
Unregistered

Can I get a job as Air Commander, Group Captain or Wing Commander being a Mechanical Engineer? Eligibility criteria to join Air Force?

Hello sir, I have passed B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering and interested to join Indian Air force. Can I get a job as Air Commander, Group Captain or Wing Commander ? What should I do to get job in Air Force? Eligibility criteria for it?

Related Questions:
  1. What are physical, medical and educational qualification a girl should possess to become a Wing Commander in Indian Air Force?
  2. List of training centers for the post of captain and commander in Navy
  3. Required Qualification for a Woman to join Indian Air Force as Wing Commander?
  4. Procedure to become an Air Commander in India Air Force for 12th Science student?
  5. What is the gross monthly emoluments and CTC covering the post in Central Police Forces?
  6. What is the highest post in National Defence Academy?
  7. Wing commander post after H.S. -- [New]
  8. Procedure, Eligibility criteria, Fitness and physical criteria for girls to join Indian Air Force? What are the different branches and entrance exams for which girl candidates can apply? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Procedure to join as Engineer in Indian Air Force? Job Opportunities in Indian Air Force?
  10. What is the salary of Indian Air force commander?
  11. How can I join the Indian Air Force after completing class 12th Arts stream with Mathematics?
  12. What is the Physical criteria required to join the Indian Air Force X group?
  13. Can a Female candidate join the Indian Air Force? What is the eligibility criteria required to join the Air Force?
  14. Am I eligible for upcoming NDA Exam?
  15. How can I join Air Force after doing B.E Mechanical
  16. Eligibility criteria to join Indian Air Force for Aeronautical engineer? When and how to apply for it?
  17. Can I get into IAF having secured 2nd Divison in 10+2? When will be the next notification for Flying branch?
  18. How should I join Air Force after BCA? Requirements to join Air Force?
29th July 2016, 12:05 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get a job as Air Commander, Group Captain or Wing Commander being a Mechanical Engineer? Eligibility criteria to join Air Force?

The posts which you have mentioned here are promotional posts and you will get these posts once you join Indian Air Force after joining Air Force through any entrance exam.

*Mechanical engineers can apply for Combined Defence Services or Air Force Common Admission Test to enter into Air Force. You are eligible for all wings of Air Force. Through AFCAT exam, you can join branches of Air Force like flying branch, technical branch or Ground duty branch.

*Age limit for CDS exam is 19-23 years and for Flying branch of AFCAT is 19-24 years.

You are eligible to apply for both exams.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?