9th October 2021, 03:12 PM
Unregistered

Whether 12th can be done after Diploma engineering for admission in B.Tech?

I passes my 10th in 2020 and after that I am doing diploma. I need 12th standard degree for admissions in higher study such as B. Tech . Many colleges doesn't take lateral entry and that's why I want to know can I take 12th standard degree after completing diploma.

11th October 2021, 06:24 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether 12th can be done after Diploma engineering for admission in B.Tech?

Diploma in Engineering candidates are eligible for admission in Bachelor of Technology course through Lateral Entry Entrance Test. You need to have minimum of 60% marks in diploma course.

Diploma candidates are also eligible for JEE examination. It depends upon you whether you want to do 12th after diploma or not. You can pursue 10+2 from any recognized board.

Senior secondary board examination is considered as equivalent to Diploma. So, instead of pursuing 12th after diploma, you should go for bachelor's degree.
11th October 2021, 11:26 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether 12th can be done after Diploma engineering for admission in B.Tech?

°°° You can complete your 12th directly after passing your 10th through National Institute of Open Schooling.
You should have one year gap between your 10th and 12th, if you want to pursue 12th from National Institute of Open schooling.
You have to register Yourself by filling the registration form of NIOS board.
NIOS board is the open schooling board in that there will be no need for you to attend the regular classes.

°°° For more information you can visit the official website
http://www.nios.ac.in
12th October 2021, 01:14 AM
Shamaila parween

Aspirants who have completed Polytechnic in the diploma of engineering you can join B.Tech course.
12th October 2021, 02:00 AM
Available here
Senior Member+

After completing polytechnic in the diploma of engineering after you can join B.Tech.

Duration of B.Tech course is 4 years.
12th October 2021, 07:04 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Yes, I agree that many colleges doesn't admit diploma holder candidates for lateral entry admissions but those institutes are top ones.

If you are seeking admissions in B grade engineering colleges where some seats are vacant then you can easily get admission as a Diploma holder candidate.

That would be better decision than completing 12th standard and then getting admission for B.Tech 1st year. This will waste your 2 academic years. So, better to take lateral entry admission directly in 2nd year of B.Tech/B.E.

And note that this will not impact your job/career opportunities whether you are Diploma holder or not.
12th October 2021, 07:40 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

To take admission in regular higher secondary school degree i.e; Class 12th is a Class 10th from a recognized board of education.

So, even having completed diploma course after your Class 10th, you are certainly eligible for getting admission to a regular higher secondary school degree course on the basis of your matriculation degree course irrespective of other educational qualifications.
13th October 2021, 02:47 PM
BM123

This is a long process to done 12 th after Diploma Engineering for admission in B.Tech. After complete Diploma Engineering you Directly get admission in B.Tech no need to done 12 th.
14th October 2021, 12:45 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

If you want to pursue B.Tech course than lateral entry will be the best option. Admission is offered in government and private colleges through lateral entry.

Although you are eligible to pursue std 12th on the basis of your qualification and after that can pursue the B.Tech course.
14th October 2021, 01:13 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

No, you can't take 12th standard degree after completing diploma. With the diploma pass certificate, you can apply to other colleges for the relevant courses. For example, after completing a 3year Diploma course in Engineering, one can apply for his/her B. tech degree.
15th October 2021, 02:46 PM
jeet2porwal

Yes, 12th can be done after Diploma engineering for admission in B.Tech.

You can enroll for 12th class after completing Diploma but it will not create any difference because Diploma is equivalent to 12th.

If you are not getting admission in particular college through lateral entry than you can get admission on the basis of Diploma in first year of BTech course.

There is no point to getting 12th marksheet after completing Diploma.
15th October 2021, 11:00 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to pursue 12th after completing Diploma Engineering for further studies.
There is no restriction in pursuing 12th even after completing Diploma.
You only have to select college/school and get admission after completing admission process.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?