4th March 2011, 01:32 PM
Unregistered

IPS exam after Diploma after 10th standard without 12th standard?

i want to write ips exam but i after completing 10th i completed my diploma in tool and die making and then btech...... i not undergone plus two ....... whether i can write the exam or not

4th March 2011, 02:42 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Default Re: IPS exam after Diploma after 10th standard without 12th standard?

T write IPS (indian public service) exam you should have minimum graduation degree,i.e is after 10th class again there should be 5years education qualification in any specialization .
so iam sorry to say that you are not eligible for IPS exam.
I suggest you to another three year course in any UGC recognized colleges.
then after you will able apply for IPS exam.
4th March 2011, 02:48 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
To take the test for IPS, you must be a graduate within the age limit of 21-30 years. The examination which is conducted for IPS and IAS is known as Civil Service Examination and is conducted by UPSC. An individual without a bachelors degree can not appear for the exam. So, you must complete your graduation if you are really interested in joining IPS. The maximum age limit is relaxed upto 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC's.
For further information, you must refer to the official website of UPSC.
4th March 2011, 03:57 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

To become an IPS, you need to appear for the Civil Service exam(CSAT) that is conducted every year by the UPSC every year on behalf on the Central Government.

Now according to the UPSC, the minimum Educational Eligibility for applying in the CSAT exam is that you need to be a graduate in any field from a recognized university.

Now as you are saying that you have not done +2 and did diploma after 10th, and after diploma you did B.Tech, which means you are a graduate now.

So you are eligible to apply for the UPSC CSAT exam.

Other Eligibility:

Minimum 21 years as on 1st August of the year of the exam.
Upper Age limit is 30 years(Relaxations for OBC and SC/ST)

Maximum Attempts:

For general it is 4, for OBC 7 and no limit for SC/ST.

The application for CSAT 2011 are already out and you can apply, and apply soon.

Important Dates:

*Last Date of submitting complete application form: 21.03.2011
*Date Of prelim Exam:12.06.2011
*Date of MAin Exam:27.10.2011.

You can apply online at:

http://www.upsconline.nic.in/

I Have attached the notification for your reference.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Civil Service 2011.pdf(346.2 KB, 108 views)
4th March 2011, 04:34 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

to become IPS officer you have to appear in civil service examination which is conducted by UPSC. the educational eligibility criterion to appear in Civil service examination is candidate should have minimum of graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

as you have done diploma, it is not equivalent to graduation. so you are not eligible for civil service examination. to be eligible for civil service examination try to do graduation from a recognized university. the age criterion for civil service examination is candidate should have age between 21 to 30 as on 1st august, 2011 for general category candidate. relaxation of age are available for SC/ST/OBC candidate.

here i am attaching the civil service examination notification. go through the notification to know other eligibility criterion and other details about the examination. for more details about the civil service examination visit the website http://www.upsc.gov.in the form fill up for civil service examination is going on. for online form fill up visit the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in the last date of online form fill up is 21st March, 2011.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng.pdf(346.2 KB, 92 views)
4th March 2011, 05:53 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

For IPS you have to be graduate from a recognized university.As you have done diploma only,you are not eligible for UPSC IPS exams.
You can go for bachelors degree from a recognized university to fulfill the eligibility criteria for exam.........

Eligibility Criteria for your information:
Age limits: Not less than 21 years and not more than 30 years as on 1st August, 2011
The upper age limit is relaxable for SC/ST/OBC and certain other categories of candidates to the extent specified in the notice

Educational qualifications: Degree of a recognized university or an equivalent qualification

Physical standards: Candidates must be physically fit according to the regulations given in the appendix-III of rules for the civil services examination, 2011 published in the gazette of India extraordinary dated 19th February, 2011

Number of attempts: The maximum number of attempts permissible to different categories of aspirants, who are otherwise eligible, will be as follows
General category (04); P.H. candidates belonging to general category (07); OBC (07); SC/ST/ (no limit)

For more details check Employment News or visit www.upsc.gov.in

regards
Kapila
4th March 2011, 06:20 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

for IAS(Indian Administrative Officer) you have to appear in Civil service examination.

the eligibility

candidate should have minimum of graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized
university.

age between 21 to 30 to appear in Civil service examination for general students

there is 5 year relaxation for SC and 3 year for OBC students in upper age.

as you have mentioned that you have also done B.tech so it mean that you have got
degree so you are eligible .
4th March 2011, 08:15 PM
Arsalaan

yes you can appear for IAS if your B.Tech was from a recognized university.

Your diploma is the equivalent of plus two ... one can choose to do diploma or plus two.

then proceed on just like you did.

note that your age limit should be within 21 to 30 yrs for gen category
upto 33 for obc.. upto 35 for sc/st.attempts --4(gen),7(obc),sc/st(unlimited)
Since there is limitation on no of attempts you should appear only after you have
prepapred well.
4th March 2011, 08:16 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Arrow Re: IPS exam after Diploma after 10th standard without 12th standard?

Quote:
i want to write ips exam but i after completing 10th i completed my diploma in tool and die making and then btech...... i not undergone plus two ....... whether i can write the exam or not
Educational Qualification:-
You Must hold a degree of any Discipline from any Recognized University.

Age Limits:-
Must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st August, 2010, i.e. he must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1980 and not later than 1st August, 1989.(This is For IAS 2011 & For Next year Exam it will be different )

Attempts:-
For General Category :- only 4 times.
For SC/ST:- Any Time under the Above age Limits.
For OBC:- Only 7 times.

Yes My friend, You are Eligible For this because You will be completing your B.Tech degree Before applying for IPS, so yeah you are Eligible.

Few More details:-

IPS is Indian Police Service which is an Entry through Civil Service Exam mode.

If you clear the Civil Service Exam then you will be called for Next Level which is Interview, if you clear it again. Then you will be An IPS Officer.

In order to become ips officer you have to crack CSAT Exam.

For Pattern of the Exam look Below :-

4th March 2011, 08:22 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: IPS exam after Diploma after 10th standard without 12th standard?

hello guest..

IPS is a service of Civil services in India..

it is appreciable that you want to join in that service..

the basic elgibility criteria for Civils is

you should have done your degree.

you should have age of 21

you should be an Indian.

coming to you..

you have done your diploma instead of 12th..so no problem

if you have a gap between your studies it may be the issue to concern..but your academics are clear way.

so you'll not get any problem

as you have your engineering degree

and only thing is if you have age of 21

you can apply CIVILS 2011

or next chance..

so you're going to write the exam and become IPS.

for any further doubts feel free to ask us

as we are hear to help you..

and also you can visit all in one IAS blog..

i.e. i'm going to provide you the link once go through it..it will be helpful.

www.onestopias.com

all the best

~aditya~
4th March 2011, 08:25 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Indian Public Service exam is conducted by UPSC in every year. For appearing in IPS examination the minimum eligibility criteria is graduation in any stream from any recognize university.
As you have a diploma degree but it is not equivalent to the graduation degree so you are not eligible for IPS exam. If you want to appear in IPS exam then first complete the graduation degree and then apply. You can also apply in the final year of graduation.
If you want to get more information about the IPS exam then please visit the official website of UPSC.
http://www.upsc.gov.in
4th March 2011, 09:12 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

To sit ips exam canditate min graduate

age limit-21 to 30(gen)5 years relaxation for other catagory(sc/st)
4th March 2011, 10:48 PM
bhavna04
Senior Member+

IPS EXAM DETAIL:-

IPS exam is conducted by UPSC.

EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION:-

Graduate degree from a recognised university.

Age limit:-

21-30

Notice is displayed on the official site:-www.upsc.gov.in
4th March 2011, 11:50 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: IPS exam after Diploma after 10th standard without 12th standard?

Minimum education criteria = Graduate

He/She should be 21years to 30 yrs of age at the time of appearing in the UPSC held Civil Services Examination.and there is exemption of 3 years of OBC and 5 years for SC/ST...

and even a student in final year student can also apply...

Yes,you can join for IPS exam as any Graduate from a recognised university or a college in India is the minimum eligibility criteria for IPS.
He/She should be 21years to 30 yrs of age at the time of appearing in the UPSC held Civil Services Examination.

UPSC conduct CIVILSERVICE exam for top service like IAS,IPS,IFS and for other government jobs.Even this onwards the pattern of exam also changed as it doesnot have any special subject and the paper will be same for all the candidates.
5th March 2011, 12:04 AM
Arvi.S

Hello,
IPS Exam Eligibility
For getting selected to the IPS, there are two types of eligibility. One is that you should be eligible for appearing for the IPS exam and the other is that after clearing the mains and while appearing for the physical tests during the interview stage you should meet all the physical and other requirements as mandated. Let's discuss these in detail.

To be eligible for the civil services exams:
You must be at least 21 years of age at the time of filling the Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam form and not more than 30 years of age (various relaxations are available for different categories).

You must possess a graduate degree in any discipline of any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of Central or State legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.

Candidates who are in the final semester or have taken their final degree exam but are awaiting the results can also appear for the IAS and IPS Preliminary examination provided they furnish their proof of degree while filling the Mains form.

Special Physical Requirements for IPS
As mentioned earlier candidates appearing for the personality test on clearing the civil services mains exam have to meet certain physical requirements to be eligible for IPS.

Minimum height of 165 cm for Men and 150 cm for Women (minimum height is relaxable to 160 and 145 cm for Men and Women respectively in the case of candidates belonging to ST and to races such as Gorkhas, Garhwalias, Assamese, Kumaonis, Nagaland Tribals etc.)
Min Chest girth fully expanded: 84 cm for Men and 79 cm for Women. Expansion of 5 cm for Men and Women.
Total amount of Myopia (including the cylinder) should not exceed minus 4.00 D and total amount of Hypermetropia (including the cylinder) should not exceed plus 4.00 D
Presence of Squint is a disqualification .
5th March 2011, 01:07 AM
mishra245

Sorry you are not eliguble for IPS exam.
the eligibility for IPS exam is:
You must possess a graduate degree in any discipline of any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of Central or State legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.
5th March 2011, 01:40 AM
wagle
Senior Member+

Educational Qualification:-

You Must hold a degree of any Discipline from any Recognized University.

Age Limits:-

Must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st August, 2010, i.e.

he must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1980 and not later than 1st August, 1989.
5th March 2011, 01:14 PM
rks@estate
Senior Member+

Dear,

NO, you are not eligibile for IPS exam after Diploma, after 10th standard without 12th standard.

IPS (Indian Police Service) Examination are conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission).

Eligibility for UPSC IPS exam: -

1. Bachelor’s degree in any subject from a recognised institute / university.

2. Age - 21 Years to 30 Years for General candidates, 21 Years to 33 Years for OBC candidates and 21 Years to 35 Years for SC / ST candidates.

3. Nationality - Indian

Good Luck
14th July 2011, 04:03 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear I hav also completed diploma in tool and die Now I want to do B.tech/B.E. from recognised institute. Can u guide me
29th July 2011, 11:39 PM
Unregistered

i am siddharth dubey 10th pass student please tell me how to join ips please call me 7503302248
15th January 2012, 04:16 PM
Unregistered

Is diploma(3 years) in electrical engineering is equivalent to 12th.
5th April 2017, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

My self Completed 10th and then Completed Diploma Mechanical and Completed B.tech in Part Time ( Karnataka states open University ). Is am Eligible for IPS Exam ? Can you guide me the correct way.
18th February 2018, 04:11 PM
Unregistered

I had completed diploma in civil engineering after 10th. So I am doing B.tech lateral entry after completion of degree can I write IAS or IPS exam without 12th.
14th June 2018, 10:10 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my 10th from Dav but unfortunately I failed in maths in 12th. After that I have completed my diploma and btech in ee. So can I apply for upsc?
26th August 2018, 01:58 AM
Unregistered

I have a graduation with out plus two in an open/distance university can I eligible for upsc EXAM?!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?