23rd December 2015, 03:41 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible for me to start the IPS career while doing the 1st year of graduation?

Is it possible for me to start the IPS career while doing the 1st year of graduation? What should I do for that? Can you please let me know the steps which I have to follow for the same? It will be really helpful if you can answer me on the same soon.

Thanks!

23rd December 2015, 05:26 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is it possible for me to start the IPS career while doing the 1st year of graduation?

No, you are not eligible to appear for Civil Services examination to join Indian Police Service now.

To join service you need to qualify in Civil service entrance examination conducted by UPSC every year. The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed graduation from recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 21-32 years and relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

So, now you are only eligible to start preparation for examination. The examination is conducted in three stages and you have to qualify in all stages for final selection.

To get syllabus or any information regarding examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in.
23rd December 2015, 07:50 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to start the IPS career while doing the 1st year of graduation?

The acronym IPS stands for Indian Police Services. You can join this service by appearing in Civil Services examination and passing in every stage of this exam.

You can not join this service in first year as minimum qualification is bachelor's degree in any stream. You can apply for exam in final year of graduation.

Minimum age limit is 21 years.

You must start your preparation from now for clearing the exam in first attempt. There are six attempts for general, nine for OBC and no limit for SC/ST candidates.
24th December 2015, 01:17 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is it possible for me to start the IPS career while doing the 1st year of graduation? What should I do for that? Can you please let me know the steps which I have to follow for the same? It will be really helpful if you can answer me on the same soon.

Thanks!
Yeah you can start your IPS career while doing your graduation in terms of preparing for the IPS exam to join in as a IPS officer. You cannot apply for the IPS exam at the 1st year of your degree as you are not eligible at this stage. IPS is one of the civil service and UPSC provides an opportunity for candidates to write the civil service exam to join in the post.

There are eligibility criteria which you need to clear in order to apply for the exam and they are:

# Candidate should have a citizenship in India.

# Age limit needed is 21-30 years in the case of general category candidate. If you are a SC/ST category candidate then there is relaxation of 5 years from the prescribed limits and 3 years for OBC.

# Any degree from a recognized university in any stream of education is appropriate as per the educational qualification which is needed for the IPS exam.

The pattern for the exam is:
  • Paper I: General Studies
  • Paper II: Language Exam
  • Paper III: General English
  • Paper IV: Essay
  • Paper V, VI, VII, VIII and IX: Optional Subjects

Books for Preparation:

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?