20th May 2011, 05:51 AM
s_chauhan

How to prepare for becoming an IPS officer for 2nd year B.Tech student?

i m 2nd year student of b.tech. my dream is making an ips officer. but i m little confusing about my study and the preparation for ips exam. can i know its a good time about the preparation of cse for me.

20th May 2011, 03:14 PM
er.dellikannan

Default Re: How to prepare for becoming an IPS officer for 2nd year B.Tech student?

[QUOTE=s_chauhan;653423]i m 2nd year student of b.tech. my dream is making an ips officer. but i m little confusing about my study and the preparation for ips exam. can i know its a good time about the preparation of cse for me.

It is good that u are heading for IPS instead of corporate sector.
Minimum qualification is 55%.
But take a look at upsc website as upsc has changed pattern of primilary exam. YOU will be able to pass only if you have great desire for social service just dont go after power and money.
Now preparation...
20th May 2011, 05:18 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for becoming an IPS officer for 2nd year B.Tech student?

Hello friend,
The civil service exam is one of the most challenging competitive exams in India and therefore it requires hard work and dedication along with intelligence.
As we all know that the preliminary exam has been replaced by civil service aptitude test, there won't be any optional paper in the first stage. The CSAT comprises two compulsory papers based on the following subject area:
Current events of national and international importance
History of India and Indian national movement
Indian and World Geography- physical, social, economic geography of India and the world
Indian Polity and governance – constitution, political system, panchayati raj, public policy, Rights issues, etc.
Economic and social development – sustainable development, poverty, inclusion, demographics, social sector initiatives etc.
General issues on environmental ecology, bio-diversity and climate change
General science.
Comprehension
Interpersonal skills including communication skills
Logical reasoning and analytical ability
Decision making and problem solving
General mental ability
Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc. (Class X level),
Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. –Class X level)
English language comprehension skills (Class X level)

In the main exam, apart from the compulsory subjects, you will have to write two optional paper. The compulsory subjects for the Main exam are
One Indian language, English, Essay and General studies. The first two subjects are qualifying in nature and hence, you will need to score just pass marks. The marks obtained in these subjects are not taken into consideration while making the merit list.
General studies is an scoring subject and an important one too. You have to work hard in this particular subject.
In essay you will have to write about a given topic. The topic could be anything but won't be scientific or mathematical in nature.

To do well in the civil service exam, it is advisable to join a coaching center having good reputation and proven records.
Experts suggests to read IGNOU study material as it has the most updated syllabus than any other university.
There are many books available in the market which is designed for the preparation of the civil service exam and hence, they should be referred.
20th May 2011, 08:35 PM
anjana13

You need to appear for the Civil Services Exam conducted by UPSC. For details visit the UPSC web-site http://upsconline.nic.in .
21st May 2011, 06:48 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How to prepare for becoming an IPS officer for 2nd year B.Tech student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_chauhan View Post
i m 2nd year student of b.tech. my dream is making an ips officer. but i m little confusing about my study and the preparation for ips exam. can i know its a good time about the preparation of cse for me.
I really appreciate your desire to become an IPS officer there is a lot need of youth like you in this very responsible position.

Don't get confused , do not keep your leg on both different tracks there is a danger of not getting anyone perfectly

As an engineering student I know about engineering how tough is to clear the semester examination,records,projects,assignments and all bla bla

So we cannot find good time to concentrate on the preparation for competitive exams like Civils so it is better to purely concentrate on your engineering because you should have good knowledge about your time

you are spending 4 whole years for this degree you should atleast have 80% of the subject knowledge

my suggestion is now for a temporary time forget about the Civil's preparation concentrate on your B.Tech only

As said by our ancestors what ever work we do we should our excellence in that work

For this reason you concentrate on your subjects . and if you find free time then make your steps closer to the preparation for civils like preparing plans for the preparation or collecting the material info of the preparation

getting feedback from seniors about this path in this way you can utilize your free time and make your preparation path easier.

after completing your b.tech and after getting settled with a small or big job you then think about dream preparation then prepare and attempt the exam if needed go for coaching and get a good rank and make your dream come true

regards

~AdityA~
21st May 2011, 07:25 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Second year is not the correct time to start preparation for Civil service, as it is important period of your Btech, your performance in the coming exams will depend on your preparation of present subjects, so its better to focus on Btech first & dont create any hype in your mind regarding Coaching for CSE, as it can be done in 4th yr of Btech.
But still if you are too much enthusiastic, then you do something in your free time like reading a good magazine on current affairs , politics or general awareness etc.
21st May 2011, 11:08 PM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

Hello,
Yeah, its good time for your preparations for upsc exam. You can go through daily newspaper, current affairs, political issues, indian history for your preparations. You should choose your optional subject for mains, moreover prepare well for CSAT (civil services aptitude test), such as aptitude, logical analysis, data interpretation etc..If you, feel to have extra support for your preparations, then you can call for correspondence to a recognised institute. For more information on upsc you can visit the official site of upsc-www.upsc.gov.in
ok, best of luck.
30th May 2011, 08:56 PM
Unregistered

i had just pass b tech 1st yr .and my dream is to become an ips officier.is is correct time for cse prep.?if yes then how i can do this?
26th June 2011, 01:58 PM
Unregistered

i am doing btech from mechanical branch . i want become an ips officers what subject i choose for preperation?
18th December 2011, 06:34 AM
Unregistered

I am student of tenth class and getting 85% .and i am dreaming to become an ips officer ,so what should do.
31st January 2012, 02:41 PM
Rapchik007

I really appreciate your desire to become an IPS officer there is a lot need of youth like you in this very responsible position.

Don't get confused , do not keep your leg on both different tracks there is a danger of not getting anyone perfectly

As an engineering student I know about engineering how tough is to clear the semester examination,records,projects,assignments and all bla bla

So we cannot find good time to concentrate on the preparation for competitive exams like Civils so it is better to purely concentrate on your engineering because you should have good knowledge about your time

you are spending 4 whole years for this degree you should atleast have 80% of the subject knowledge

my suggestion is now for a temporary time forget about the Civil's preparation concentrate on your B.Tech only

As said by our ancestors what ever work we do we should our excellence in that work

For this reason you concentrate on your subjects . and if you find free time then make your steps closer to the preparation for civils like preparing plans for the preparation or collecting the material info of the preparation

getting feedback from seniors about this path in this way you can utilize your free time and make your preparation path easier.

after completing your b.tech and after getting settled with a small or big job you then think about dream preparation then prepare and attempt the exam if needed go for coaching and get a good rank and make your dream come true

regards
8th July 2012, 12:31 AM
Unregistered

i had just completed my b.tech 2nd yr. How i prepare myself to become an ips officer ?
15th August 2012, 03:47 PM
Unregistered

i am b.com 2nd yaear complet,3rd year 2 tims faild but my dreem is ips.
And ENGLESH knowlege aslo shortly, how can i pepaer to ips
7th October 2012, 10:07 PM
Lokeshthetopper

Dear aspirant,

It is not possible to appear for the IAS exam during 2nd year of BE.

You have to finish the graduation.

During this period you can finish the GK and have look on the feneral studies along with the selected optional subjects.

You can prepare for the current affairs in final year.

The selection of best books will play a great role in deciding your rank.
If you have a good collection of books then your preparation will be better.
At the same time your hard work to finish the syllabus of optional subjects will play a great role in deciding your rank in the mains.

In order to have expert level knowledge of General studies the recommended books are:
General Studies Manual -McGraw Hill Publication
Arihant Publication
Upkar Publication
UPSC Portal books
Pratiyogita Darpan study material , Civil Services Chronicle, Competition wizard for articles on important issues.
Most common optional:
Public administration
1.Fadia and Fadia
2. Laxmikant from McGraw Hill Publication
3.UPSC Portal study material

It is the best time to start the preparation for this exam.

Believe you can and you will on the half way.
Please do visit this website for your queries related to any entrance exam.
Best of luck
8th October 2012, 09:58 AM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

>> This examination is a common examination conducted for selection to the other two All India Services as well as various other Group A and Group B services under the Central Government.

>> This examination consists of three stages. At stage one, there is an objective type examination called the Preliminary examination. This is a qualifying examination and only the candidates who clears this can appear for the next stage called the Main examination.

>> In the Main examination each candidate has to select two optional subjects, apart from which all candidates have to take a General Studies, Essay and compulsory language exam.

>> The Main examination is a very intensive subjective type examination for which marks are awarded. A shortlist is prepared on the basis of the Main examination and these candidates can compete in the third and final stage of exam called the Viva voce or the Interview.

>> The marks of the Main examination and the Interview are combined to prepare a final merit list of selected candidates.

Age limit:

General category student:- 21-30 years.
OBC relaxation in upper age +3 years.
SC/ST relaxation in upper age +5 years.
9th October 2012, 03:02 PM
Anny95
Member+

HI..........

You can go through daily newspaper, current affairs, political issues, indian history for your preparations.
You should choose your optional subject for mains, moreover prepare well for CSAT (civil services aptitude test), such as aptitude, logical analysis, data interpretation etc..If you, feel to have extra support for your preparations,
then you can call for correspondence to a recognised institute.
For more information on upsc you can visit the official site of

upsc-www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST.............
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?