29th February 2016, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to start the IPS career in just 1st year of graduation?

Is it possible to start the IPS career in just 1st year of graduation? Can you let me know the complete steps which I have to follow for the same? It will be really helpful if you can guide me soon on this. Hoping to get the answer soon.

29th February 2016, 11:20 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to start the IPS career in just 1st year of graduation?

No you can not start IPS career just after first year of your graduation because the minimum qualification required for IPS is graduation with minimum 55% marks from any well recognized university/institute. Also you have to fulfill the age criteria for appearing in the entrance exam for IPS. Your age must be in between 21 years to 30 years for appearing in the exam. There is 5 years age relaxation for the reserved students.
You must have 165 cm height being a male candidate and your chest expansion must be minimum 5 cm on full inhalation.
29th February 2016, 11:39 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to start the IPS career in just 1st year of graduation?

Step I: Complete your bachelor's degree first.

Step II: Only bachelor's degree passed candidate can apply for this exam.

Step III: Once your graduation is done, apply for civil services examination.

Step IV: Crack Prelims, Main exam and interview to join Indian Police Services.
29th February 2016, 11:50 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

The minimum academic qualification required for Civil Services examination is bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university. You can not join IPS in first year of bachelor's degree.

First complete your bachelor's degree then apply for Civil Services exam and minimum age limit is 21 years and after that it is necessary to clear all stage of this exam in order to get into services. You must fulfill physical criteria also.
29th February 2016, 11:59 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

You can not join Indian Police Service in first year of bachelor's degree.

Bachelor's degree is minimum qualification for this exam.

Age limit is 21-32 years.
1st March 2016, 03:45 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

The candidate who is interested to become IPS has to complete graduation in any discipline from recognised University with minimum 50% of marks and 45% for reserved categories. Yes you can prepare yourself right from the first year of your graduation by joining a good institute in evening which offers coaching or you can buy good books, practice previous year question papers, keep yourself up to date with the general knowledge etc.
1st March 2016, 11:25 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

I.P.S stands for Indian Police Service and for recruitment on above post you need to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed graduation degree from any recognised university and age must be between 21-32 years with relaxation for reserved category.

Since, you are in 1st year, you are not eligible to appear for examination but if you desire to be an I.P.S Officer, you can start preparation for examination. For more information about examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in
1st March 2016, 11:52 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is it possible to start the IPS career in just 1st year of graduation? Can you let me know the complete steps which I have to follow for the same? It will be really helpful if you can guide me soon on this. Hoping to get the answer soon.
Sorry, you have to finish your graduation (3 years) to pursue your career in IPS (Civil Services). The IPS examination is conducted by the UPSC. The eligibility to appear for IPS Preliminary Examination is a graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. The upper age limit is 32 years for general candidate, for OBC 35 years and for SC/ST 37 years. After clearing this you have to appear for Mains Examination and then for Interview. You have to be fit physically to become an IPS officer. You can check the details in the website
http://www.upsc.gov.in/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?