9th January 2018, 10:08 PM
ashwinimundankar

Whether non-creamy layer certificate helps in passing any exam?

I'm from OBC category. If I get a benefit of OBC to pass any exam, do I need to have a non-creamy layer certificate? Whether it has any advantage from this point of view?

10th January 2018, 03:12 PM
NeptuneSpear

Default Re: Whether non-creamy layer certificate helps in passing any exam?

Yes, To take advantage of reservation under OBC category you must belong to NCL (Non Creamy Layer) i.e Your father's total annual income should be less than 8 lacs if you want to avail the benefit in any government examinations or admission to various colleges and universities. If your father income exceeds 8 lacs per annum you will be considered in Creamy Layer which is treated as par with UR (Unreserved Category).

Benefits :

- Every examination under any government whether it is state or central has a provision of reservation for certain seats. For example SSC, UPSC etc.

- All universities and colleges under government has certain seats reserved for different communities.

- Benefits in both Age and Marks.
10th January 2018, 04:36 PM
chikkykranthi619

Yes definitely an OBC candidate belonging to non-creamy layer helps in clearing the exams to some extent.
For example consider the bank exams.
In the bank exams, the candidate needs to acquire the sectional cut-offs as well as the total cut-off's.
Here the actual thing lies, an OBC candidate belonging to non-creamy layer has cut of less than a general candidate.
So, definitely having a non-creamy layer certificate is an advantage to pass the exam specially bank exam's conducted by IBPS.
10th January 2018, 11:25 PM
MNB1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinimundankar View Post
I'm from OBC category. If I get a benefit of OBC to pass any exam, do I need to have a non-creamy layer certificate? Whether it has any advantage from this point of view?
YES, You get benefit for OBC in exams.

In exams there are seats reserved for the below candidates:
General candidates
OBC candidates
SC candidates
ST candidates

In the final results, OBC candidates are selected with few less marks than General candidates.

But also there is lots of competition between OBC candidates.

OBC Non Creamy layer certificate is necessary to avail reservations benefits under OBC category.

To get OBC Non Creamy layer certificate, your parents annual income should not be more than 8 lakhs.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?