17th April 2016, 12:16 PM
Unregistered

Whether the old CPT Registration can be re-validated and switch over to direct entry scheme?

I registered for cpt in 2006..i attempted the cpt examination in the very next year, but i failed..i couldn't attempt any of the further chances due to the avoidable circumstances. Now i completed my post graduation in commerce..now i want to continue the CA course again..can i re-validate my old cpt registration and switch over to direct entry scheme??what is the procedure for it?

28th September 2017, 08:13 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether the old CPT Registration can be re-validated and switch over to direct entry scheme?

Since you have mentioned that you have completed your post graduation in commerce and concerned about your eligibility for IPCC ( Integrated Professional Competence Test ) the second stage of CA ( Chartered Accountancy ) course through direct entry scheme by exempting CPT ( Common Proficiency Test ) having not failed to qualify CPT then I would like to let you know that you are certainly eligible if your have completed your bachelor degree in commerce with 55% marks from a recognized university.

But in order to appear in IPCC you need to register as a new candidate through direct entry scheme. For more details and for registering for IPCC you can refer to the link www.icai.org.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?