30th December 2011, 10:47 PM
srivastav.vivekanand@gmai

While doing a job is it possible to prepare for Civil Service entrance?

hello,
I am vivekanand srivastav(21 years) pursuing in PGDM final year (Marketing & H.R.).I did my graduation in arts stream (English Litt.,Pol Sci,Education).Right now I got job,I want to qualify the civil service entrance,Is this possible for preparing the entrance exam while doing a job.How much time I have to spend and some strategy related with this preparation

31st December 2011, 07:21 AM
jjoshua1995
Member+

Smile Re: While doing a job is it possible to prepare for Civil Service entrance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivastav.vivekanand@gmai View Post
hello,
i am vivekanand srivastav(21 years) pursuing in pgdm final year (marketing & h.r.).i did my graduation in arts stream (english litt.,pol sci,education).right now i got job,i want to qualify the civil service entrance,is this possible for preparing the entrance exam while doing a job.how much time i have to spend and some strategy related with this preparation
what is upsc exam?

upsc stands for union public service commission.the test is conducted to select the ias and ips officers throughout the country.the test is conducted by the union public service

eligibility and qualifications

the candidate must have passed any degree courses and the age limit is from 21 years to 30 years and for obc and sc and st candidates the age limit is relaxed by 5 and 3 years respectively.

syllabus for upsc exam
there are three tests in the upsc exam.the first is the preliminary and next the final examination and then the direct interview.the portions are the general studies and the optional subjects.the optional subjects refer to the degree course you have studied and then the talent of writing general english essays.

The best way to get a good rank in upsc exam is you must join acoaching centre after your job .you must spend atleat 3 hours a day to study for this upsc exam.read newspapers daily and develop your general knowledge.then you can surely succeed in the upsc exam.
Quote:
practical knowledge is greater than study knowledge
8th May 2012, 02:56 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: While doing a job is it possible to prepare for Civil Service entrance?

Sir,plz tell me some strategy to deal gen studies paper
26th January 2013, 03:51 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: While doing a job is it possible to prepare for Civil Service entrance?

Sir,I want to know whether preparing for civils is good while doing a job?? Is that allowed?
26th January 2013, 04:36 PM
RAVIKANT JANGIR

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivastav.vivekanand@gmai View Post
hello,
I am vivekanand srivastav(21 years) pursuing in PGDM final year (Marketing & H.R.).I did my graduation in arts stream (English Litt.,Pol Sci,Education).Right now I got job,I want to qualify the civil service entrance,Is this possible for preparing the entrance exam while doing a job.How much time I have to spend and some strategy related with this preparation
Yes, ofcourse you can prepare for the CSE parallely, it will take time (may be 2 years). But as you have done your graduation in arts stream then thats a plus point for you as you can take pol sc and eng lit as the optionals. But it may be possible that optionals will be removed by next year, so the best advice from my side is that you should start with GK and GS, as they will remain ever n forever in any pattern that will be finalized. so, dont take risk of starting with optionals!!
Go Ahead!!
Gud Luck!!
26th January 2013, 05:02 PM
Budhwarz
Member+

Hi Aspirant

Civil Services exam is taken the union public service commission every year for the posts like Ias,Ips,Irs.The Exam is the highest difficult exam of the country as well as for the highest posts of the country too.So one thing you can understand now about the difficulty level of the exam.

So how can you think that you can prepare it along with your job as your job timing will be minimum 8 hours a day and for this exam you need to study daily more than 10 hours so better would be to leave the job if you are really serious about the exam otherwise stay with your current job dear and leave the job only if you are really serious and confident.

Qualifications Required for the Civil Services Exam :

The Person must be pass in the graduation degree and also the final year aspirants can attempt the exam.Their is just passing marks required in the graduation.

For the civil services exam your age must be between 21 to 30 years if you are a general candidates and if you are obc than it should be 21-33 and for the sc,st 21-35

Chances :

-Their is 4 attempts allowed to general to write the exam

-For the other backword classes 7 attempts allowed

-But for the scheduled caste and scheduled tribes their is no restriction on attempts

Citizen :

-India

Best of luck
26th January 2013, 05:07 PM
Sikdu

yes,ofcourse its possible..doing job(if you have it) keeps you on safe side.
26th January 2013, 09:07 PM
aman1257

Thumbs up Re: While doing a job is it possible to prepare for Civil Service entrance?

HI
no if you have faith in yourself and can take time out from your busy schedule ,your can join distance learning programme from rao IAS ACADEMY .
and study their notes .you can make many attempts till 30 years .
Quote:
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE ,IF YOU HAVE CONFIDENCE IN YOURSELF
BEST OF LUCK
27th January 2013, 06:47 PM
sonali pandey1111

hi dear

yes dear it is possible to do prepartion for civil service exam with job.As we all know practice makes the perfect.I will advice you set your target,time management.job is your secure life's key do not leave it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?