17th August 2011, 08:45 PM
ashutosh rathore

After doing Biomedical Engineering can I get a post of IAS or IPS?

can i got a post of ias or ips if i am doing a biomedical engineering

Related Questions:
  1. Can I do Biomedical Enginering if I do PCB? Best institutes for Biomedical Engineering? Qualifications required for Biomedical Engineering?
  2. Isn't IIT the right institute to study Biomedical Engineering? Best Biomedical Engineering Institutes in India?
  3. Is it possible to become an IAS or IPS officer through Marine Engineering?
  4. What to do after 12th board exam to become an IAS officer? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. What are the steps required to prepare for IAS/IPS?
  6. What is the scope for B-Tech in Biomedical engineering? What is the payscale of Biomedical engineer?
  7. Post graduate programmes where Biomedical engineering students are eligible?
  8. How to do M.Tech in biomedical engineering after completing B.Tech in biomedical engineering
  9. What are the employment opportunities in Biomedical Engineering? Which colleges are the best to do biomedical engineering?
  10. A I eligible to apply for IAS or IPS post when am doing last yea of graduation? -- [New]
  11. List of Biomedical Companies that allow Biomedical Projects to be done by the candidates pursuing final year BE in Biomedical Engineering in Chennai?
  12. What is the future of M.Tech Biomedical engineering? List of M.Tech Biomedical engineering jobs?
  13. What is the qualification for IPS and IAS?
  14. How to become an IAS officer?
  15. What should I do for IAS and IPS?
  16. What is the study material for IAS or IPS? Previous years question papers?
  17. Can I take Biomedical Engineering? What are the job opportunities for biomedical engineering?
  18. Detailed information about relaxation for Handicapped candidates in IAS and IPS recruitment?
18th August 2011, 07:57 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: After doing Biomedical Engineering can I get a post of IAS or IPS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutosh rathore View Post
yeah you can write the IAS entrance examination you are perfectly eligible to write this examination.
Not only you the students who complete their graduation and attain the minimum age of 21 years are eligible for attempting Civil Service Examination(IAS entrance examination)

Because this is the eligibility criteria required to appear in IAS entrance examination.

IAS or IPS are the services under Indian Civil Services the recruitment common entrance exam is Civil Service Examination.

to get these positions you have to appear in CSE(Civil Service Examination) and crack this entrance exam which is conducted by UPSC.
this exam will be conducted or notified once in a year.

As your Engineering is just considered as a degree you are making your eligibility criteria.
as you didn't mentioned anything about your age.

hopefully if you are age is above or equal to 21 then you can attempt the 2012 Civil service examination.

Prepare well for the examination as the competition will be very high. You have to prepare very well.

all the best

Regards

~AdityA~
18th August 2011, 12:59 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: After doing Biomedical Engineering can I get a post of IAS or IPS?

Quote:
Dear friend ,

After completion of your B-TECH degree in bio-medical department you are eligible fo IAS and IPS exam.

For both exam ,you must be graduate from any dicipline from any recogniged university.

Also your age should be in between 20 to 30 years.

Age relaxation is provide fro OBC/SC/ST candidate . For OBC candidate have age relaxation for 3 years and for SC/ST candiadte have age relaxation is 5 years.

Both exam is conducted by UPSC in a year .

So for more deatails you can visit to upsc own website.

All the best.
9th November 2011, 09:05 PM
Unregistered

I AM DOING MY M.SC BIOCHEMISTRY! I AM VERY MUSH INTRESTED IN JOINING CIVIL SERVICES! MY UG SUBJECTS ARE BIOTECH, BIOCHEM,MICROBIOLOGY! SO PLZ KINDLY ADVICE ME TO WHICH PAPERS ARE TO BE OPTED TO MAKE MY PREPARATION EASY?
8th December 2011, 07:53 PM
Unregistered

what subjects should we choose if i have done Btech biotechnology ????
26th January 2012, 04:39 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI,
After passing the biomedical engineering you are eligible for I.P.S/I.A.S.
I.A.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

Age limit:-
For Open category:- 21-30 year
For OBC category:- 21-33 YEAR
For ST/SC category:- 21-37 year

Number of Attempts:-
For open category:- 4 attempts
For ST/SC category:- 7 attempts

CIVIL SERVICES (PRELIMINARY) EXAM., 2012
Date of notification:-04.02.2012
Last Date of receipt of form:- 05.03.2012(MONDAY)
Date of exam:- 20.05.2012(SUNDAY)

CIVIL SERVICES (MAIN) EXAM., 2012
Date of exam:- 05.10.2012(FRIDAY)

For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST!
27th January 2012, 03:24 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
hi,
Bio medical engineering is a graduation course.
After graduation you can apply for I.A.S exam.
I.A.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

Age should be in between 21-30 year. For ST/SC candidate age should be in between 21-33 year.

You can apply online or offline.
The Form cost is just 20 Rs.
For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST
15th March 2012, 01:01 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

the eligibility criteria required to appear in IAS entrance examination.IAS or IPS are the services under Indian Civil Services the recruitment common entrance exam is Civil Service Examination.to get these positions you have to appear in CSE(Civil Service Examination) and crack this entrance exam which is conducted by UPSC.this exam will be conducted or notified once in a year.As your Engineering is just considered as a degree you are making your eligibility criteria.
as you didn't mentioned anything about your age.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?