26th May 2013, 11:08 AM
Unregistered

Will I be able to pursue Maths hons from Delhi University after scoring 85% in 12th board?

I have scored 85 % in my 12th board exam. Wil i b able to persue maths hons from delhi university ? .what is the fee structureof maths honors from delhi university includng the hostel fee. .please do tel me about the options aftr doing maths honours

Related Questions:
  1. Will I be able to pursue Maths hons from Delhi University?
  2. Is Maths mandatory for B.Sc(Hons) Physics from Delhi University?
  3. Can I get admission in DU for MSc Maths hons after scoring 67% in BSc(Hons)
  4. Best thing to pursue after completing BSc(hons) Maths from Delhi University? Should I go for MSc(Finance), MBA finance or MSc Maths?
  5. Am I eligible to take admission in colleges of Delhi University after scoring 87.6% in 12th board CBSE exam?
  6. How to pursue my career in teaching field? I am doing BSc Chem Hons
  7. Is it possible to pursue Economics Hons while in class 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Are there any good colleges for admissions after scoring 72% in board exam and 48% in Maths? Can I get admission in B.Com Hons?
  9. How can I get admission in any top 5 colleges of Delhi University after scoring 75% marks in CBSE class 12th
  10. How to do B.Com or Economics Hons after scoring 79% marks in 12th
  11. How to pursue B.Com Hons? I am a student of class 12th
  12. Colleges in Delhi in which I can get after scoring 81.75% in CBSE board in 4 best subjects? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Is entrance exam required for B.Com hons in 4 years course in Delhi University?
  14. What is the basic difference between B.Com and B.Com hons?
  15. Can I study B.A. if disqualified in 10th ICSE 16 years ago? -- [New]
  16. Can I get admission in BSc Maths(Hons) after scoring 58% in PCM in 12th CBSE board
  17. List of reputed universities for M.Sc(Mathematics) in Delhi region? I've done BA(Maths) Hons from DU with 59% marks
  18. How to study in KM college in BSc Chemistry in Delhi University? I have done 12th from HBSE board
29th September 2015, 03:48 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I be able to pursue Maths hons from Delhi University after scoring 85% in 12th board?

Yes, there is chance of getting the admission in the Delhi university but no chance if you belong to the open category.

The admission in the DU is on the basis of the cut off score declared by the colleges for the admission in the different courses. The cut off is declared on the basis of the board aggregate. The minimum aggregate required for the open category to get the admission is 90% in the best four. But there are relaxation in the aggregate of best four for the OBC,SC&ST candidates.

So you have to wait for the cut off of the next year to get the admission in any colleges of the university. For more details visit at the www.du.ac.in.
29th September 2015, 08:40 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I be able to pursue Maths hons from Delhi University after scoring 85% in 12th board?

No, you are not eligible to get the admission in the DU with the 85% aggregate in the board examination.

The admission in the colleges are on the basis of aggregate in the best four. The candidates who have passed the 10+2 from any recognised board.

As according to the 2015 cut off the minimum aggregate required in best four is above 90% for all the colleges except for some who are for the girls only. But if you belong to the reserved category you can wait for the next year to get the admission as the admission is closed for the 2015.

To get the cut off for the 2015 visit at the www.du.ac.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?