5th March 2018, 09:04 AM
Unregistered

Will there be any advantage or special entry scheme if we are doing Aeronautical Engineering and we want to join Indian Air Force?

I'm doing Aeronautical Engineering and currently I'm in 4th semester, I just wanted to know whether my degree will give me advantage over those who are doing other engineering degrees if I want to join Indian Air force?

Related Questions:
  1. Details about the jobs for mechanical engineers in IAF?
  2. Am I eligible for IAF entrance exam after clearing the previous backlogs?
  3. What is the procedure to apply for UES?
  4. Procedure to join Indian Air Force being a candidate of pursuing 5th semester BE in Electronics and Instrumentation? Information regarding University Entry Scheme?
  5. Do I have to choose Aeronautical engineering to join Indian air force?
  6. Am I eligible to join Army or Air Force through Technical Entry Scheme after completion of 10+2 in PCM?
  7. Can I become a Para Commando after B.Com?
  8. Minimum age to get pilot license? Is there any pilot training institute in Mumbai? Which degree should I take to become an efficient pilot?
  9. How should I apply for NDA exam after completing diploma?
  10. Procedure, Eligibility criteria, Fitness and physical criteria for girls to join Indian Air Force? What are the different branches and entrance exams for which girl candidates can apply? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Are 12th appearing girls valid for entrance test of Airforce?
  12. Eligibility criteria to join Indian Air Force for Aeronautical engineer? When and how to apply for it?
  13. Why girls are not eligible to join Indian Air Force on 10th basis?
  14. Government Jobs for B.tech Computer Science: Eligibility, Exams, Procedure?
  15. How to join Technical Entry Scheme for Indian Air Force after 12th?
  16. Aeronautical Engineering after BSc
  17. Can I join the Indian Air Force after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering? How can I join the Air Force?
  18. Is it possible become a Pilot in the Indian Air Force after completing Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering?
15th March 2018, 09:17 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will there be any advantage or special entry scheme if we are doing Aeronautical Engineering and we want to join Indian Air Force?

No, you will not be having any advantage for joining in Indian Air Force after completion of your Aeronautical Engineering course. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course in Engineering with Physics and Mathematics subjects at 12th standard from a Government recognised board/ university are eligible to apply for CDS examination for joining in Indian Air Force. To join Indian Air Force after completion of your Aeronautical Engineering course, you have to appear in CDS examination which is conducted by UPSC.
15th March 2018, 03:25 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will there be any advantage or special entry scheme if we are doing Aeronautical Engineering and we want to join Indian Air Force?

There is no such special relaxation available to candidates of Aeronautical engineering in India Air Force. You can apply for following exams:

Air Force Common Admission Test.

Combined Defence Services.

The age limit is 19-23 years for IAF under CDS exam. You will be eligible for both exams in final year of Bachelor's degree in Aeronautical engineering.
15th March 2018, 04:34 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

No, you will be treated at par with other streams of engineering, You will not get any extra advantage. You can apply for Air Force Common Admission Test conducted by Indian Air Force for joining pilot or technical branch.

Engineering stream graduates are eligible for AFCAT exam for both these branches. The age criteria is 20-24 years. AFCAT is conducted twice every year.
15th March 2018, 06:19 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

There will be no advantage or special entry for aeronautical engineering candidates in Indian Air Force. In pilot batter aptitude test, you may find it easy.

You will have to write written test of AFCAT and clear Service Selection board to join either pilot or technical branch of Air Force. The age for exam is 20-24 years.

AFCAT is conducted twice every year by IAF.
15th March 2018, 07:39 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Indian Air Force does not provide any special relaxation for aeronautical engineering students. Everything remains same for all candidates.

There are three branches under AFCAT exam;

Pilot Branch.

Technical branch.

Ground duty branch.

The stages of exam:

Written test.

Service Selection Board. You can apply for AFCAT and CDS exam for joining Air Force.
15th March 2018, 10:19 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

There will be no advantage for Aeronautical engineering candidates.

You can apply for following entrance exam to get job in Indian Air Force:

1. Combined Defence Services.

2. Air Force Common Admission Test.

For both exam, minimum qualification required is bachelor's degree.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?