1st July 2015, 05:25 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for UPSC exam if secured 77% in 10th CBSE and 65% in 12th Jharkhand Board?

Hello everyone,
I have scored 77% in class 10th from CBSE Board and 65% in class 12th from Jharkhand Board.
Am I eligible for applying UPSC exam? Does my less marks affect in UPSC exam?

Related Questions:
  1. How to apply for 12th PCM in IMA Dehradun after scoring 87.5% marks in 10th CBSE board exam
  2. Scholarship for a candidate who has secured 88% in 12th CBSE?
  3. Can I apply for Merit Scholarship if secured 10 CGPA in 10th CBSE and 87.6% in 12th CBSE?
  4. Can I apply for Scholarship if secured 91.6% in 12th CBSE Board exam?
  5. Am I eligible to apply for CBSE Scholarship if secured 7.11 CGPA IN 10th standard?
  6. Am I eligible to get Scholarship being a candidate having secured 80% in 10th from CBSE Board?
  7. Am I eligible to give Jharkhand State engineering exam after doing 12th from Jharkhand?
  8. Am I eligible to apply for 10th CBSE Board exam if discontinued studies after 8th?
  9. Can I repeat 12th class by changing board from Maharashtra board to CBSE board?
  10. Can I reappear in 12th Board exam if secured 59% from CBSE Board?
  11. Minimum age for appearing in 10th class CBSE? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Am I eligible to take admission in colleges of Delhi University after scoring 87.6% in 12th board CBSE exam?
  13. I cannot apply for other scholarship if I will apply for CBSE Scholarship? How can I apply for CBSE Scholarship if secured 93% in 12th?
  14. Procedure to apply for CSS Scholarship for a candidate who has secured 88.6% in 12th CBSE?
  15. CBSE or State Board, which will help me to become an IAS Officer if secured 9.8 CGPA in 10th CBSE?
  16. How to apply for scholarship in CBSE?
  17. Can I apply for CBSE Scholarship if secured 76.5% in 12th? When the application form will be released?
  18. Can I attend Infosys On-Campus Interview if secured 68% in 10th, 60% in 12th, 68% in BCA and 7.8 CGPA in MCA? Is Infosys counts 12th percentage without Optional subject?
2nd July 2015, 08:03 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for UPSC exam if secured 77% in 10th CBSE and 65% in 12th Jharkhand Board?

After completion of your 12th standard, you are eligible to appear in only one UPSC examination i.e., NDA examination and all other examinations which are conducted by UPSC requires the minimum educational qualification of Graduation degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university. Since, you have completed 12th standard with 65% marks from Jharkhand Board, if you are interested to join Defence Services, you can appear in UPSC NDA examination.
2nd July 2015, 08:26 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for UPSC exam if secured 77% in 10th CBSE and 65% in 12th Jharkhand Board?

Actually you have got good marks through out your education career. There is No problem at all. But actually with 12th there are very few opportunities available. So you need to complete atleast graduation for good opportunities.

In fact with 12th there is a Exam called " SCRA ( Special Class Railway Apprentice). Through this you will get a job in Indian Railways.

So you can apply for it with 12th qualification. Or else you can apply for many exams under SSC Staff Selection Commission. As I said there are number of Exams available for 12th like LDC, Postal Services etc.,

But my best suggestion is to complete Graduation first otherwise you will lost lot of opportunities in government sector.
2nd July 2015, 12:00 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible to apply for UPSC Related examination after securing 77% marks in 10th Class and 65% marks in 12th Class. 65% and 77% marks secured in 12th Class and 10th Class respectively are treated as good percentages. Remember, there is no certain minimum percentage is required in order to be eligible for appearing in UPSC Related Examination. The required eligibility criteria you must meet is, "Pass in the Qualifying Examination" from a recognized university. So just 12th Class pass is adequate for SCRA and NDA Examination. Since you have passed 12th Class, you are eligible to apply for UPSC 12th Base Recruitments only and not for UPSC Graduation based recruitments.
For Civil Services Preliminary Examination - Graduation is required
For Civil Services Main Examination - Graduation is required
For Indian Forest Service Examination - Graduation is required
For Engineering Services Examination - Graduation is required
For Geologist Examination - Graduation is required
For Special Class Railway Apprentices Examination - 12th Class is required (You are Eligible)
For National Defense Academy - 12th Class is required (You are Eligible)
For Combined Defense Services Examination - Graduation is required
For Indian Economics Service/ Indian Statistical Service Examination - Graduation is required

Click here for UPSC SCRA 12th Base Exam
Click here for UPSC NDA 12th Base Exam
2nd July 2015, 03:59 PM
mwh

For upsc exam criteria is degree from recognised university
eligibilities:A citizen of india and subject of nepal bhutan, tibetan.
Age limit: 21-below 32 years
relaxation:relaxation applicable as goverment rules
upto 10 years for blind, mute, deaf, handicappied people
attempts:general-6
OBC-9,sc/st-unlimited
2nd July 2015, 04:06 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello everyone,
I have scored 77% in class 10th from CBSE Board and 65% in class 12th from Jharkhand Board.
You have completed 12th standard so you are eligible for UPSC exam like NDA exam.

Candidates who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard are eligible for NDA exam. Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

Written examination will be divided into 2 parts-

Mathematics-300 marks.
General ability Test- 600 marks.

Total time duration for 2 papers is 300 mins

General Ability Test -

English 200 marks
General Knowledge 400 marks
2nd July 2015, 05:41 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes,you are eligible to apply for UPSC exam after completing your Graduation degree. There is no restriction on percentage of marks to be secured in the qualifying exam to appear for the UPSC exam .

UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission .UPSC conducts various exams for making recruitment in different departments .Some of the exams conducted by UPSC are

Civil Services exam (CSE) ,

Indian Engineering Services (IES) exam ,

National Defense Academy (NDA) exam ,

Combined Defense Services (CDS) exam ,

Special Class Railway Apprentices (SCRA) exam .

The eligibility criteria required to appear for the UPSC exam are as under :-

- The candidate must be a citizen of India .

- The candidate age must be in between 21 years to 30 years for General category , 21 years to 33 years for OBC candidate, 21 to 35 years for SC/ST candidates and 21 years to 40 years for PWD candidates .

-The qualification required to apply for most of the exams conducted by UPSC is Graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university .

-The no. of attempts for the exam is 4 times for general category under the creamy layer,7 times for OBC candidates and no limits for SC/ST candidates.

-The exam process involves

*Preliminary Exam

*Main exam

*Personality Interview.
2nd July 2015, 06:24 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for the UPSC exams. As Union Public Service Commission conducts various recruitment exams for the various post like IAS, IPS, IFS etc.

ELIGIBILITY :

* Candidate must be a citizen of India.

* Candidate can be subject of Nepal, Bhutan.

* Candidates age should be between 16.5 to 19 years for the NDA, SCRA exam.

* Candidates age should range between 21-30 years for all other posts.

* Candidate should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination in any stream from any recognized board or institution.

You can appear in some of the high level exam if you completed your bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

However, the candidate need to pass in the qualifying examination with at least 55% of marks or above. So, you are eligible to apply.
2nd July 2015, 10:28 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello everyone,
Yeah you are eligible for applying for the UPSC exam after completing +2, as you are satisfying the needed educational qualification. The exam which you can apply is NDA Exam which is a defence service exam for joining in Indian Army, Navy and Air Force.

For applying for the NDA Exam there are certain eligibility conditions which you need to satisfy in order to apply and they are:
  • The nationality standard states that candidate should have citizenship in India
  • Age limit needed is 16 1/2- 19 1/2 years
  • Martial status needed is unmarried male candidate
  • Educational qualification is, candidate should have completed +2 from a recognized school board in the case of joining in Indian Army.
  • If it is the case of joining in Indian Navy, candidate should have completed +2 with physics and mathematics as subjects.
  • Apart from all these candidate need to be physically fit.

If you satisfy them all then you can apply for NDA Exam. You can apply for the exam in 2 modes:
  1. ONLINE
  2. OFFLINE

For more info check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
30th May 2018, 09:54 PM
Unregistered

I am so upset that I can't scored 90% Marks in my CBSE board 10th exam.I got only 77%marks. So that which stream should l choose
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?