23rd November 2016, 02:48 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for income tax exam having masters in information technology qualification?

Sir, I completed my BE in computer science and technology and right now I am studying masters in information technology. Am I eligible for income tax exam? My id is [email protected]. Please give me answer.

23rd November 2016, 05:34 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible for income tax exam having masters in information technology qualification?

Yes, you can apply for the Income Tax Officer exam. SSC conducts Combined Graduate level Exam for various posts & one of them is an IT officer. A candidate who has passed graduation in any faculty from a valid board can apply. Age must be between 21 years to 27 years.
23rd November 2016, 10:11 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for income tax exam having masters in information technology qualification?

SSC (Staff Selection Commission) conducts Income Tax Officer exam every year. The minimum required qualification to become eligible to appear for this exam is graduation degree. So, you are eligible for income tax exam as per your qualification.

The eligibility criteria to become Income Tax Officer through SSC exam are as under:-

-The candidate must have a degree from a recognized university.

-The candidate age limit to apply for the exam is from 18 years to 27 years.There is relaxation in upper age limit for for OBC candidates by 3 years and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.
23rd November 2016, 11:42 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can appear for Civil Service examination and after qualifying in the examination you will be eligible for recruitment as an officer in Income tax.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that the candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline and age limit to appear for examination is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

The examination is conducted in three stages as Preliminary, Mains and Interview and candidates have to qualify in all stages for final selection. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
24th November 2016, 12:06 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, candidates who have passed bachelor degree in any discipline are eligible to appear for Civil Service examination.

So, after qualifying in examination you will be eligible for recruitment as an I.R.S Officer in Income Tax department.

The candidates have to qualify in each of three stages of examination for final selection for the job.

The age limit to appear for examination is 21-32 years with relaxation in age limit for reserved category.

So, you are eligible.
24th November 2016, 12:51 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, if you wish to opt for the above mentioned examination after having completed your graduation from a recognized university as the minimum eligibility requirement is that the candidate should have completed their graduation in order to opt for the examination in order to become an Income Tax officer in future.
24th November 2016, 10:53 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I completed my BE in computer science and technology and right now I am studying masters in information technology. Am I eligible for income tax exam? My id is [email protected]. Please give me answer.
You have completed B.E in Computer Science and Technology so you are eligible for Income Tax Officer exam through SSC CGL examination.

Minimum qualification required to apply for SSC CGL examination is completing a degree course from a recognized University.

Your age should be in between 21 to 27 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?