10th June 2015, 01:29 AM
Unregistered

What steps should be taken after BBM in order to become a Sales tax or Income tax officer?

Am still pursuing my BBM( Bachelors of Business Management) and am 18 year old student .
I want to become an salestax or Income tax officer so after completing my graduation in BBM , what are the immediate steps to b taken to become sales tax or income tax officer?

10th June 2015, 10:23 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What steps should be taken after BBM in order to become a Sales tax or Income tax officer?

Through Staff Selection Examination you will become a INCOME or SALES Tax Officer. And for this you need to fulfill some eligibility requirements which are given below.

<> You must complete graduation from the recognized University with minimum percentage of marks.

<> They did not ask about the percentage of marks I mean to say there is No requirement of percentage of marks.

<> Age should be in between these limits.

-- Minimum Age : 18 years

-- Maximum Age : 27 years

<> Final year candidates can also eligible to apply for SSC CGL.

<> There is a Age relaxation for SC/ST Candidates about 5 years and 3 years for OBC Candidates.

Selection process :

>> Tier I (4 sections )

>> Tier II ( 2 sections )

>> Tier III (Interview )
10th June 2015, 02:38 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What steps should be taken after BBM in order to become a Sales tax or Income tax officer?

To become Income tax officer, one should first enter the Income tax department as Income tax Inspector or Tax assistant. Then they promotion to Income tax officer after qualifying in the department examination.

To join as Income tax Inspector or Tax assistant, the candidate should qualify in the Combined Graduate Level Examination. After the written test, there will be Interview round for Income tax inspector post and skill test for the Tax assistant post.

Here are the eligibility requirements to apply for the written exam :

ELIGIBILITY :

* Candidate age limit should be between 18-27 years.

* Candidate should have bachelor's degree in any discipline from any recognized University or Institution approved by UGC.

* Age relaxation of 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ ST candidates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?