13th August 2016, 06:05 PM
niitpooja95

Arts graduate is eligible for Income Tax Officer exam?

Sir. I did my graduation with Arts Stream. So my question is this that i am eligible for income tax officer exam or not? Please, give me answer in detail.
Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Information regarding Entrance Exam and Procedure to become Income Tax Officer? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Eligibility to become Income Tax Officer after B.Com and CS professional programme?
  3. Am I eligible to apply for Income Tax officer exam if graduated in Arts stream? Which type of questions are asked in this exam?
  4. Can an Arts graduate apply for Income Tax Officer job? Which type of post I can get?
  5. What steps should be taken after BBM in order to become a Sales tax or Income tax officer?
  6. What are the vacancies for income tax/sales tax officer
  7. How to become an Income Tax Officer after 12th?
  8. Whether B.Sc(IT) pursuing candidate is eligible to apply for Income Tax Officer entrance exam?
  9. What should I study further after completing 12th to become an Income Tax Officer?
  10. Am I eligible for Income Tax Exam having completed 12th in Arts stream?
  11. From where to get Income Tax Officer form? How to fill up the form and how to become an Income Tax Officer? What about preparation?
  12. What steps should I follow to become an Income Tax Officer? Which exam do I need to write to become an Income Tax Officer? -- [New]
  13. Am I eligible for Income Tax Officer with an height of 5'1?
  14. What is the procedure to become an Income Tax Officer in the Income Tax Department?
  15. How can I apply for income tax/sales tax officer?
  16. Which is the best book to prepare for Income Tax Officer?
  17. Procedure and eligibility to become an Income Tax Officer for B.Com(Accounts) graduate?
  18. Required Eligibility criteria to become Income Tax Officer? When will be the date of Exam for this?
14th August 2016, 12:53 AM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Arts graduate is eligible for Income Tax Officer exam?

Eligibility to appear in the entrance exam of Income Tax Officer:

Candidate must have done graduation in any discipline with at least 50% marks from recognised University. Age limit should be in between 21 to 32 years and relaxation in upper age limit is given to the candidates of reserved categories as per the rules.
Candidate must have citizenship of India.
As per the eligibility criteria you are eligible for this entrance exam.
14th August 2016, 01:21 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, candidates passed bachelor degree are eligible to appear for UPSC Civil Services examination.

The examination is conducted for recruitment of candidates as an I.A.S, I.FS, I.R.S Officer.

So, you can appear for examination if interested in joining the income tax department as an officer. The age limit to appear for examination is 21-32 years.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
14th August 2016, 01:22 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

To be an Income Tax Officer you will have to appear and qualify SSC ( Staff Selection Commission ) entrance examination. Also for appearing in the same examination for the post of Income Tax Officer you must have the qualifications given here under :-

* You must have the nationality if India.

* Your age must lie within 18 years to 27 years if you belong to general category. Further for reserved category candidates there is provision of age relaxation as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognized university.

--> In addition to these you must satisfy the physical standards required for the same post.

So being a graduate with arts stream you are eligible for appearing in the same examination for the post of Income Tax Officer if you satisfy the other requirements too.

For more details and updates regarding the same examination you can log on to the link www.ssconline.nic.in.
14th August 2016, 01:23 AM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for Income Tax Officer Exam:-

Income Tax Officer exam is generally conducted by Staff Selection Commission (SSC).

Eligibility:-

Qualification:-

You should have any degree from a recognised University.

As you have done graduation in B.Com, So you are positively eligible.

Age limit:-

Your age should not be less than 18 years and not greater than 27 years on the first July of the year of examination.

Physical Standards (minimum)

Height: 157.5 cm
Chest: 81 cm, fully expanded with a minimum expansion of 5cm.

Physical Test:
Walking : 1600 meters in 15 minutes.
Cycling: 8km in 30 minutes.
14th August 2016, 01:29 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for income tax officer jobs but for that you have to qualify in Civil Services examination conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline.

Candidate must have minimum passing percentage in bachelor degree.

Candidate's age must be 21-32 years and there is 3 years and 5 years relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

So, you can appear for examination and after qualifying in each Preliminary, Mains and Interview eligible for final selection for job in Income tax department as an Indian Revenue Officer. So, to get detail about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
14th August 2016, 01:43 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by niitpooja95 View Post
Sir. I did my graduation with Arts Stream. So my question is this that i am eligible for income tax officer exam or not? Please, give me answer in detail.
Thank you!
Yes, Arts graduate candidates are eligible for Income Tax Officer exam. to become an Income Tax Officer, you can apply for SSC CGL exam.

Minimum qualification required to apply for this examination is completing a degree course from a recognized Institution.

Your age should be in between 21 to 27 years.

Age relaxation-

Upper age relaxation for OBC is upto 3 years.
For SC/ ST , it is upto 5 years.
For PWD it is upto 10 years.
8th January 2023, 12:47 PM
Unregistered

i offered arts in highschool, is there a chance for me to do business courses at university
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?