10th June 2015, 01:29 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to become Income Tax Officer after B.Com and CS professional programme?

I Have Completed B Com Cooperation in M G University and doing CS Professional Programme. As I am interested in Tax I wish to be an Inome Tax Officer. Please mail me the procedure for becoming an Income Tax Officer to the mail ID [email protected].

Regards and Thanks,

Thomaskutty James

10th June 2015, 10:14 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to become Income Tax Officer after B.Com and CS professional programme?

Dear actually there are Two options to get a job in Income Tax Department. Here we are giving you the brief details about Income Tax departments recruitments.

Option I : Civil Services

Option II : SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination.

Above Two options you can apply for jobs in Income Tax department. To know more details regarding the individual eligibility you can have a look on the below information.

And taking your Eligibility into consideration you are absolutely eligible to apply for Both Exams and Notification for Civil's Exam and CGL have been released.

Last date to fill the application for UPSC Civil's : 14/06/2015

And coming to the CGL the last date has been closed and Date of Examination will be in the month of August 2015.

For above two exam there is a Common eligibility and that is you must complete graduation with minimum percentage of marks from the recognized University.

Age should be in between 21 to 30 years for Civil's and 18 to 27 years for SSC CGL.
10th June 2015, 02:44 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to become Income Tax Officer after B.Com and CS professional programme?

To become Income tax officer, first you need to work as Income tax inspector or Tax assistant. After the department examination you get promotion as Income tax officer.

Eligibility to become Income tax officer is the candidate should enter the Income tax department as one of the posts mentioned above.

To get recruited as Income tax inspector or Tax assistant, one should qualify in the combine graduate level examination.

The eligibility to write the exam is the candidate should have passed their bachelor's degree in any discipline from any recognized university approved by UGC. The candidates age limit should be 18-27 years of age.

After the written exam, there will be Interview for Income tax inspector post and skill test for Tax assistant post.
10th June 2015, 07:21 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I Have Completed B Com Cooperation in M G University and doing CS Professional Programme. As I am interested in Tax I wish to be an Inome Tax Officer. Please mail me the procedure for becoming an Income Tax Officer to the mail ID [email protected].

Regards and Thanks,

Thomaskutty James
Yes, you are eligible for Income Tax Officer exam because you have completed B.Com degree.

To become an income tax officer, you should qualify in SSC CGL exam. So if you once successfully complete SSC CGL Tier I and II exam and interview exam then you are eligible for Income Tax Officer post.

Minimum qualification required to apply for this examination is completing a degree course from a recognized Institution.

Your age should be in between 21 to 27 years.

Age relaxation-

Upper age relaxation for OBC is upto 3 years.
For SC/ ST , it is upto 5 years.
For PWD it is upto 10 years.
23rd August 2016, 07:57 PM
Unregistered

I Have Completed My Graduation From B.com(Hons).....
I Want to join an Income tax department..... so what is the entrance exams for Joining? what i do..?
1st May 2017, 02:28 PM
Unregistered

I have given exam of class 12th from commerce I want to become a income tax officer what I have to do forward to complete my dream please tell me
16th June 2017, 08:43 PM
Unregistered

I want to know the age limit for become income tax officer so plz mail me details or some tips on my e mail AC shubhamchopade0009@gmail .com
19th July 2017, 06:28 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my graduation in B.COM. I want to know what is the applicability becoming income tax officer?
12th June 2019, 03:28 PM
Unregistered

I have just completed my b.com and my result is more than 60%.I wish to study and become income tax officer please guild me how and what i should be doing to get it achieved.
email:[email protected]
mobile:.9004201021
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?