9th August 2014, 09:24 PM
Unregistered

B.Sc(IT) student can apply for CDS Naval Academy?

Can bsc(IT) student can apply for cds naval academy?i want to be officer in navy.i am in last year of bsc(it) from st xaviers clg mumbai pls help n reply asp bcs they mention only engg can apply

16th August 2014, 12:25 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: B.Sc(IT) student can apply for CDS Naval Academy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can bsc(IT) student can apply for cds naval academy?i want to be officer in navy.i am in last year of bsc(it) from st xaviers clg mumbai pls help n reply asp bcs they mention only engg can apply

Being a B.sc IT student you can apply for the CDS Exam which is a Defence service exam right after completing your degree to satisfy the education qualification needed for the exam.

To join in Indian Navy through CDS the qualification which you need are that you must have a Citizenship in India as per the Nationality standard.The Martial status needed is that you must be a Unmarried male candidate.

The age limit needed for the exam is that the candidate should have 19-22 years of age for joining in Indian Navy and the education qualification needed is that the candidate should have completed a Degree from a recognized university.

The candidate who satisfies them all can apply for the CDS Exam

For more info check at http://www.upsc.gov.in

Regards
~Jxsab~
16th August 2014, 09:51 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: B.Sc(IT) student can apply for CDS Naval Academy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

No, B.Sc in IT candidates are not eligible for Naval Academy exam .

CDS stands for COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE

The educational qualification and age criteria for CDS exam is given below-

Indian Military Academy:- You need to be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized university. Your age should be between 19 to 24 years.

Air Force Academy:- You need to have a bachelor's degree in science with physics or mathematics or B.E./B.Tech in engineering or technology. Your age should be between 19 to 23 years.

Naval Academy:- You need to complete your graduation in engineering or technology or you can do B.Sc degree with physics or mathematics. Your age should be between 19 to 23 years.

Officer's Training Academy:- You need to have a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university or institution. Your age should be between 19 to 25 years.

Best Books for CDS Exam

Pathfinder CDS: Combined Defence Services Entrance Examination
by Sanjeev Jain, Amit Rastogi, Atul Sharma, Digvijay Singh, Preeti Gupta, Prashant Kumar, Balmukud Singh
Publisher: Arihant Publications

CDS Combined Defence Services Examination: 10 Practice Sets
by Expert Compilations
Publisher: Arihant Publications

For more details about CDS exam and Application process, you can visit the official website http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?