8th February 2012, 09:29 AM
Unregistered

Can I join Air Force after completion of B.Com?

can i join indian air force after completing b.com?

8th February 2012, 12:47 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I join Air Force after completion of B.Com?

No. To join in Indian Air force you must have chosen science as your stream.

Indian Air force is one of the important division in Indian Defense Services. To join in any of the defense service you must have cleared your 12th std at least. The graduates can join the same as higher rank official. In defense services Army is the only division in which you can join. For Air force and Navy you must have finished your graduation in science stream like B.sc(physics, Chemistry etc). With commerce stream you can join only in Army not in Air force or Navy.
8th February 2012, 12:48 PM
lav11

hello friend,
you having the option for joining the airforce with B.com .
you can go for SSC(Air force).the notification come in the month of may-june.
8th February 2012, 01:14 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

No, you can not join Indian Air Force after completion of B.Com. but through CDS you can join Indian Army and Indian Officer's Training Academy.

CDS - COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE exam conducted by UPSC twice every year as CDS-I and CDS-II for entry in to:-

Indian Army Academy
Indian Naval Academy
Indian Air Force Academy
Indian Officer's Training Academy

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appeared for the final graduation degree exam or passed from any stream from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 25 years can apply for CDS.

The candidate having Physics, chemistry and Mathematics can eligible to apply for all four wings of CDS but candidate having no aforementioned subjects are only be eligible for Indian Officer's Training Academy and Army Academy of CDS.

For more information you may log on to official web site of UPSC i.e.www.upsc.gov.in
8th February 2012, 04:01 PM

Hi

yes 100% to eligible for that.and to concentrate on English is good.

all the best...
8th February 2012, 05:10 PM
mohkus

Thumbs up Re: Can I join Air Force after completion of B.Com?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
YES WHY NOT IF U R IN AGE LIMIT, AS PER THE REQUIREMENT....
and also u should check ur qualification because they ask for PCM+ENGin 10+2
with min 60%.
they disclose their app form in jun/july.for this u should aware of that time for that u should check news paper.........all d best
8th February 2012, 10:22 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI,
You can join Indian Air Force after passing the graduation..
For this you have to qualify the C.D.S exam..

C.D.S stand for Combine Defence Services

C.D.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C twice in a year.

After qualifying C.D.S exam you can join Defence services like:-
> Army
> Air Force
> Navy

Eligibility criteria:-
> Pass graduation with recognized university
> Age limit:-19-24 year.
> Must be citizen of India
> Medically fit

There are three steep of selection:-
> Written Exam
> Interview
> Medical exam

GOOD LUCK!
10th February 2012, 11:30 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
No your not eligible for Airforce academy after completing B.com course , Because Commerce candidates are not eligible for Airforce academy . Only Stream or Engineering candidates are eligible to apply for Airforce academy . If your interested in deference then i suggest you to apply for army academy or Officer training academy .

CDS :- Combined Defence Academy . This examination examination is conducted by UPSC for every twice in a year during the month of February and September . CDS conduct examination four academy namely , Army / Navy / Air force / officer training academy .

Eligibility criteria :-

For Army academy :- You should be finished bachelor degree or equivalent examination in any stream Commerce / science / arts from recognized university . Your age should be 19 years to 24 years . Unmarried male candidates only eligible to apply for Army academy .

For Navy academy :- You should be finished B.Sc. with Physics & Mathematics (or) Bachelor of Engineering from recognized university . Your age should be 19 years to 22 Years . Unmarried male candidates only eligible to apply for Navy academy .

For Airforce academy :- You should be finished Bachelor degree Degree with physics and mathematics (or) Bachelor of Engineering . Your age should be 19 years to 23 years . Unmarried male candidates only eligible to apply for Airforce academy .

For Officer Training academy :- You should finished bachelor degree in any stream from recognized university . Your should be 19 years to 25 years . Both the Married as well as Unmarried are eligible to apply for this officer training academy .

So , as per the eligibility criteria your not eligible for Airforce as well as Navy academy . Your eligible for Army and Officer training academy .
10th February 2012, 11:57 PM
RATAN SINGH RATHORE
Senior Member+

HI DEAR FRIEND,

No, you can not join Indian Air Force after completion of B.Com.
Because Commerce candidates are not eligible for Airforce academy . Only Stream or Engineering candidates are eligible to apply for Airforce academy.
11th February 2012, 02:12 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
My friend after completion of B.com course you want to join in Indian air force..

Then you have to appear in AFCAT exam , which is conducted by Indian Air force itself..

Through this exam one can apply for different sections in Indian Air force.

Eligibility for AFCAT exam:--------------

For Ground duty branch:-------------

*Candidate must have complete the graduation in any trade from a recognized university.
*Candidates age should be in between 20-27 years.

For Flying branch:---------------

*Candidate must have complete the graduation in any trade but must have done 12th class with maths and physics as compulsory subjects..
*Age should be in between 19-23 years.

For Technical branch:-

*Candidate must have complete the graduation in engineering field.
*Age should be in between 18-28 years.

These are the minimum eligibility criteria you need to fulfill.
As you have done graduation in commerce field then you are only eligible to apply for ground duty branch..
All the best..
11th February 2012, 08:18 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Sorry to say that you are not applicable for Indian Air Force exam.You are eligible for Only Indian Army exam.

You can apply the CDS exam which is conducted twice time in a year by UPSc.You have completed B.Com degree.So you are applicable for Indian Army Exam only.

You can join in Indian Air Force exam Through UES or NCC special entry exam also.

If you have NCC C certificate then also you can apply Indian Air force Direct process.

The details about CDS exam is given below.

Educational Qualification:-

1. For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy : Degree of a recognized University or equivalent.

2. For Indian Naval Academy : Degree in Engineering for CDSE and Degree in Engineering or B.Sc. ( with Physics or Mathematics ) for NCC entry.

3. For Air Force Academy : Degree of recognized University ( with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level ) or Bachelor of Engineering.

Age Criteria:-

19-24 Years Indian Military Academy
19-22 Years Naval Academy
19-23 Years Air Force Academy
19-25 Years Officers’ Training Academy

CDS exam date already announced for this year .I have listed the CDS exam schedule-

C.D.S. EXAM.(II), 2012
  • Date of Notification/Last date for receipt of applications: 02.06.2012/02.07.2012
  • Date of Commencement of examination and its duration: 16.09.2012
C.D.S. EXAM.(I), 2012
  • Date of Notification/Last date for receipt of applications: 29.10.2011/28.11.2011
  • Date of Commencement of examination and its duration: 12.02.2012
I have attached the syllabus for CDS exam.So please check it out.

For more details About CDS exam please visit to http://www.upsc.gov.in

Attached Files
File Type: docx CDS Examination Syllabus....docx(13.3 KB, 63 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?