7th July 2017, 06:05 PM
Unregistered

Is B.Tech degree enough to make be eligible for IBPS clerk exam?

Sir, I have done B.Tech in electrical engineering & studied computer programming & IT in my second semester. Will this fulfill my need of knowledge of computer subject IBPS clerk exam?

7th July 2017, 08:27 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is B.Tech degree enough to make be eligible for IBPS clerk exam?

IBPS refers to Institute of Banking Personnel Selection and it conducts different bank recruitment examination for recruitment of various banking personnel in different nationalized banks of India.

* The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in IBPS Clerk examination are as here under :-

i) You must be an Indian citizen.

ii) Your age must lie within 20 years to 28 years. Age relaxation is allowed for reserved category candidates.

iii) You must have either completed your graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year students are also eligible.

iv) You must hold good communication skills along with a certificate or diploma in Computer application or language.

Now as you have studied Computer programming and IT so it will satisfy your computer knowledge requirement for IBPS Clerk examination.

For more details and updates regarding IBPS bank examinations you can visit the link www.ibps.in.
7th July 2017, 10:29 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, the B.Tech degree is enough to be eligible to apply for IBPS Clerk examination. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognised college/ university are eligible to apply for IBPS Clerk examination. The age criteria required to appear in IBPS Clerk examination is 20-28 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.
8th July 2017, 12:55 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I have done B.Tech in electrical engineering & studied computer programming & IT in my second semester. Will this fulfill my need of knowledge of computer subject IBPS clerk exam?
Yes, of course you are eligible to apply for IBPS Clerk exam after completing B.Tech course. Those who completed their graduation course are eligible to apply.
8th July 2017, 10:00 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

IBPS stands for Institute of Banking and Personnel Selection. IBPS conducts common written examination for post of clerk or probationary officer. The eligibility criteria for IBPS Clerk is that candidate must have done bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for IBPS entrance examination.

The age limit for IBPS Clerk is 20-28 years. Upper age relaxation applicable to candidates of reserved category, three years to OBC and five years to SC/ST candiates.

Bachelor of Technology candidates are eligible for IBPS Clerical examination.
8th July 2017, 12:31 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

In order to become eligible for IBPS clerk examination, you should have completed your graduation in any stream from a recognized college/university. Your age should be in between 20 to 28 years. You must have good knowledge in computer.

You have mentioned that you are an electrical engineer and also studied computer programming and IT, hence with this quantification you are definitely eligible to apply for IBPS clerk examination. So, start preparing for the examination from now.
8th July 2017, 05:13 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

You must have a degree of graduation to be eligible for IBPS.

Eligibility for IBPS exams are as under:-

Candidate must be a graduation degree holder from any of the recognized university in any discipline.
Candidate age should be 21 years to 28 years.
For OBC it is 21 years to 30 years.
For SC/ST it is 21 years to 33 years.
Candidate must have attained at least 50 percentage in their graduation.
8th July 2017, 08:54 PM
ranu shahi

Quote:
As per my knowledge, you must have any degree of courses related to computer science like DCA, Telly etc.
Eligibility criteria for IBPS clerk exam are:-
Candidate must have any graduation degree with any discipline.
Candidate must acquired at least 60 percent marks in graduation.
Candidate must be passed graduation with any recognized university.
Candidate' age be minimum 21 years.
8th July 2017, 11:26 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The full form of IBPS is Institute of Banking and Personnel Selection.

Eligibility criteria for IBPS Common Written Examination for clerk:

Academic qualification: Graduation in any stream.

Only basic knowledge of computer is required to clear computer awareness questions in IBPS exam.

Bachelor of technology candidates can apply for IBPS Clerk exam.
8th July 2017, 11:43 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in entrance examination for recruitment as Clerk jobs.

The minimum required qualification to appear for examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline.

The age limit is between 20-28 years. So, you can appear for examination and after qualifying in examination will be eligible for final recruitment. For detail information about examination visit at www.ibps.in.
11th July 2017, 11:13 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes, you are eligible for IBPS clerk exam.

IBPS stand for the Institute of Banking Personnel Selections. IBPS examination is conducted for the recruitment in the different public sectors banks.

If you have completed graduation degree from recognized University then you are eligible for IBPS clerk exam.

Your age should be in between 20 to 28 years. Age relaxation is provided for reserved category candidate.
27th November 2017, 09:20 PM
nishanth60

#The minimum educational qualification required to apply for IBPS CLERK exam is Graduation in any discipline from recognised institution/university.
#As,you have completed your B.E in Electrical Engineering, you are definitely eligible to apply for IBPS CLERK exam.
#Age limit to apply for this IBPS CLERK examination is 21-28 years and the age relaxations are : 3 years for OBC candidates, 5 years for SC/ST candidates & 10 years for PWD candidates.
#And the selection procedure of IBPS CLERK exam is preliminary examination,main exam and language proficiency test(Local language of state).
#Written test contains 5 sections : Quantitative aptitude,Reasoning, English language knowledge, General awareness with special reference to banking industry, Computer knowledge.
#For further details please visit www.ibps.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?