27th August 2016, 02:54 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for IBPS Clerk exam after completion of diploma course?

SIR/Mam,

I COMPLETED MY DIPLOMA(03 YERAS FULL TIME) APR 2000 AND I HAD RECRUITED IN INDIAN NAVY THROUGH DIPLOMA QUALIFICATION 2002. NOW AM I ELIGIBLE FOR IBPS CLERK EXAMS AS PER GOVT OF INDIA LETTER F18-19/75/T-2 DATED 26 MAY 1977. THIS LETTER SAYS, DIPLOMA WITH TEN YEARS EXPERIENCE IS EQUIVALENT TO DEGREE IN ENGINEERING. ON THIS BASIS CAN I APPLY FOR IBPS EXAMS(EQUIVALENT TO DEGREE RECOGNISED BY GoI). PLS CLARIFY MY DOUBT SIR.

27th August 2016, 08:12 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for IBPS Clerk exam after completion of diploma course?

No, you are not eligible to apply for IBPS Clerk examination after completion of your Diploma course.

To be eligible to apply for IBPS Clerk examination, you should have completed Graduation or equivalent in any discipline from a Government recognised university. You must be in between 20-28 years old and upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

Since, you have not completed your graduation, being a Diploma holder, you are not eligible to apply for IBPS Clerk examination.
27th August 2016, 08:47 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for IBPS Clerk exam after completion of diploma course?

No, you can't apply for IBPS clerk exam on the basis of diploma qualification. You must have at least a degree qualification in any discipline from a recognized to become eligible.

Graduation awarded by Indian Navy will also work for IBPS clerk exams. Most of the experience defense personnel are awarded honorary graduation. Hence, if you have any such qualification, then you are eligible.
27th August 2016, 10:34 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

As far as latest recruitment details are concerned, you are not eligible to appear in IBPS Clerical Cadre Examination. The basic educational qualification and age criteria required are given below.

>> Candidates must have passed Graduation (Bachelor Degree) from a recognized university.

>> Diploma course is not equivalent to Bachelor Degree.

>> There should be a Graduation certificate before applying for IBPS Clerical Cadre Examination.

>> As the minimum qualification required is Graduation, I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply for IBPS Clerical Examination.
28th August 2016, 07:31 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
SIR/Mam,

I COMPLETED MY DIPLOMA(03 YERAS FULL TIME) APR 2000 AND I HAD RECRUITED IN INDIAN NAVY THROUGH DIPLOMA QUALIFICATION 2002. NOW AM I ELIGIBLE FOR IBPS CLERK EXAMS AS PER GOVT OF INDIA LETTER F18-19/75/T-2 DATED 26 MAY 1977. THIS LETTER SAYS, DIPLOMA WITH TEN YEARS EXPERIENCE IS EQUIVALENT TO DEGREE IN ENGINEERING. ON THIS BASIS CAN I APPLY FOR IBPS EXAMS(EQUIVALENT TO DEGREE RECOGNISED BY GoI). PLS CLARIFY MY DOUBT SIR.
No, you are not eligible for IBPS clerk exam.

If you have completed graduation degree from recognized university, then you are eligible for IBPS CWE clerk exam.

Your age should be in between 20 to 28 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?