23rd July 2015, 01:51 AM
Unregistered

Is BCA Degree valid through distance learning from Sikkim Manipal University for government job?

Hii,

I did BCA thru distance learning from Sikkim Manipal University in 2011. Its learning center is ICAII Chandigarh. Now I wanna apply for jobs in Government sector. Can you please tell me if my degree would be valid for Government job or not? As I heard from someone that recognition of SMU got cancelled in 2010 and all the degrees passed out after2010 wont be considered valid for Government job.. Is it? Kindly help me with your valuable response.

Thanks & Regards,
Sunita Joshi

Related Questions:
  1. Is Sikkim Manipal University is valid in UGC?
  2. Is degree from sikkim manipal university valid for MPSC and UPSC exams?
  3. Is Sikkim Manipal university distance learning degree is valid for SBI PO?
  4. What should I do after BCA(computer application) from Sikkim Manipal university through correspondence?
  5. Does Sikkim Manipal distance learning university provide only MBA degree?
  6. Is BCA degree valid for government bank jobs? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. What are various career opportunities after completion of M.Sc(IT) from Sikkim Manipal University by correspondence in M.Tech or other Technical Degree?
  8. How may I do MCA through correspondence from Sikkim Manipal university? Is it recognized by UGC/DEC/AICTE? What's the future prospective for the same?
  9. MCA Entrance Test for Distance Learner.
  10. Can I apply for AIMCET exam after doing BCA from Sikkim Manipal University?
  11. Is sikkim manipal university degree valid for IAS exam?
  12. Should I pursue MCA degree through correspondence from Sikkim Manipal University? I am 37 years old and graduate(B.Sc) working at private chemical company as a QC executive
  13. Which are the colleges offering distance learning of Sikkim Manipal University?
  14. How to do correspondence M.Tech in CSE?
  15. How can I get teaching job in Central Government, I have completed BCA, MCA from Sikkim Manipal University through correspondence?
  16. Is it a good decision to get a graduate degree under SMU?
  17. How to join Ph.D course after completion of MBA from Sikkim Manipal University in Distance Learning?
  18. Can I get good Job in private sector after completion of M.Com from Burdwan University and MBA from Sikkim Manipal University in Distance Learning?
23rd July 2015, 06:34 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is BCA Degree valid through distance learning from Sikkim Manipal University for government job?

Sikkim Manipal is an recognized distance education university. You will be definitely eligible for any government job in India if you have completed BCA from this university.

If for the job the minimum requirement in degree then there shouldn't be any problem for you.
23rd July 2015, 10:54 PM
pjgp

Default Re: Is BCA Degree valid through distance learning from Sikkim Manipal University for government job?

Sikkim manipal university is not recognised university so the certification you got from this college is not valid for the government jobs.so,your degree is valid one.
you cannot apply for government jobs.
23rd July 2015, 11:59 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hii,

I did BCA thru distance learning from Sikkim Manipal University in 2011. Its learning center is ICAII Chandigarh. Now I wanna apply for jobs in Government sector. Can you please tell me if my degree would be valid for Government job or not? As I heard from someone that recognition of SMU got cancelled in 2010 and all the degrees passed out after2010 wont be considered valid for Government job.. Is it? Kindly help me with your valuable response.

Thanks & Regards,
Sunita Joshi
Your degree is valid because SMU in recognized by UGC.

You can apply for government sector jobs.

Because your university name enrolled on UGC list.

iccr.gov.in/sites/default/files/ugcunivs.pdf
28th August 2017, 09:31 PM
Unregistered

I an enterested to course bca then completed to bca in manipal university can I apply to government job?
4th November 2017, 08:43 AM
Unregistered

Is bca valid through distance mode of allahabad agricultural institute from 2003 to 2005. As recently sc india quashed engineering courses this university through distance mode
4th April 2019, 06:44 PM
Unregistered

Is one year degree course for dropout student from himalayan University valid for government job
4th June 2020, 05:45 AM
Unregistered

Sir i have completed bca from smu in 2014 at kota in rajasthan.i wanna ask that my degree is valid for rajasthan state govt. Job like patwari or not?
7th April 2021, 12:40 PM
Unregistered

I have taken admission in BCA at September 2013 and completed august 2017 from Sikkim Manipal University- DE. it is valid or not.
7th April 2021, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir, I have taken admission in September 2013 and completed August 2017 form Sikkim Manipla University- DE. Is it valid or not
31st May 2023, 11:12 PM
Nikhil202k
Banned

The validity of a BCA (Bachelor of Computer Applications) degree obtained through distance learning from Sikkim Manipal University (SMU) for government jobs depends on various factors, including the specific job requirements, the policies of the government organization, and the recognition and accreditation of the university.

Here are some key points to consider:

Recognition and Accreditation: SMU is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and is accredited by national bodies like the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). This recognition adds credibility to the degree and can be considered valid for many job opportunities.

Job Requirements: Different government job positions have specific eligibility criteria, which may include a minimum educational qualification. Some government jobs specify that the degree should be obtained from a recognized university, while others may accept degrees from both regular and distance learning programs. It's important to carefully review the job requirements and eligibility criteria to determine if a distance learning BCA degree from SMU meets the criteria.

Government Job Policies: Government job policies can vary, and some organizations or departments may have specific guidelines regarding the acceptance of distance learning degrees. It's advisable to refer to the official notifications, job advertisements, or recruitment guidelines provided by the concerned government organization to understand their stance on distance learning degrees.

Equivalency and Validity: In some cases, distance learning degrees may require an equivalency certificate or validation from a recognized authority. This ensures that the degree is considered equivalent to a regular degree and is valid for government job applications. It's recommended to check if SMU's distance learning BCA degree requires any additional verification or validation processes.

Competency and Skillset: Apart from the validity of the degree, government job selections often involve examinations, interviews, and assessments to evaluate the candidates' knowledge, skills, and abilities. It's important to focus on developing a strong skillset and knowledge base to enhance your chances of success in government job competitions.

To ensure accurate and up-to-date information regarding the validity of a distance learning BCA degree from SMU for government jobs, it's advisable to directly consult the official websites of the concerned government organizations or contact their recruitment authorities for clarification.

Remember, while the recognition and validity of a degree play a significant role, government job selections also consider factors such as performance in examinations, interviews, and overall merit. It's essential to focus on building a strong educational foundation, acquiring relevant skills, and staying updated with the requirements of the desired government job positions.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?