9th February 2015, 08:48 AM
Unregistered

What are the jobs available in government sector for mechanical engineering candidate?

Sir/Mam,
For government job what is the most important things which we need to concentrate more while doing B.Tech opting mechanical engineering ?

Related Questions:
  1. Government sector jobs vs Private sector jobs after B.E. in mechanical engineering?
  2. Can I do higher studies in Petroleum Engineering after B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering?
  3. Government Jobs for Mechanical Engineering graduates with 58% marks in BE
  4. Job opportunities in Government sector after the completion of Engineering in CS? Is it possible to earn more in Private sector than in Government sector?
  5. How to get jobs for Civil Engineers in Private Sector?
  6. WHICH IS BETTER B. Arch (Architecture) or B. Tech (Civil/ Mechanical engineering) ? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. How to get a government job after completing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  8. Job Opportunities in Government sector after completion of B.Tech with Mechanical stream?
  9. For which job can I apply in government sector? I am a student of mechanical engineering
  10. What are the entrance exams available for government sector jobs? Can I apply for it while in final year mechanical engineering?
  11. Complete details about IES exam?
  12. Amrita EEE or SRMEEE? better chance of admission?
  13. Latest government jobs and private sector jobs in mechanical engineering in which I can apply after scoring 66% aggregate upto 7th semester?
  14. Am I eligible for Government Jobs if I have done Mechanical Engineering with 58%? Will this percentage matter in private sector too?
  15. How to join government job after completing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  16. Which part time course can I join after completing B.Tech EEE?
  17. How to get a government job in any sector after completing M.Tech in mechanical engineering with 61%? Am I eligible for government exam?
  18. Job opportunities in government sector after passing B.E mechanical engineering?
9th February 2015, 04:11 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the jobs available in government sector for mechanical engineering candidate?

Mechanical Engineering is one of the oldest branches in Engineering and it is also mother of engineering.

The ever increasing scope of this particular job profile now requires professionals to get into financial and marketing aspect of the product development and even into people and resource management.

CAREER ASPECT :

* Major industries that employ mechanical engineeris include automobile, Space research, aeronautical, energy and utilities, air conditioning, bio-mechanical industry.

* BHEL recruits Mechanical engineers for Executive posts.

* Rourkela steel plant recruitment for Operator cum Technician.

* DRDO Recruitment for senior Technical Assistant Engineering.

A mechanical engineer should concentrate more on skills such as analytical bent of mind, logical reasoning, problem solving. Candidate should be good at Maths, Physics.

Further, you must have immense patience, ability to work for long hours are essential ingredients for a successful Mechanical engineer.
10th February 2015, 01:10 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the jobs available in government sector for mechanical engineering candidate?

You are required to get good command over the following list of subjects to be selected in Government sector mechanical companies.

List of subjects on which you must get good command:

>> Thermal Science (Engineering Thermodynamics)
>> Engineering Mechanics
>> Material Science
>> Heat Transfer
>> Machine Design
>> Manufacturing Techniques
>> Fluid Mechanics
>> Strength of Materials
>> Kinematics
>> CAD (Computer Aided Design), MAT, PRO-E, Ansys, CATIA, Solidworks softwares.

If you are really good at the above subjects, you can easily crack entrance examinations such as GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering), IES (Indian Engineering Services), ISRO Written Examination, and DRDO Written Entrance Examination. After qualifying GATE and IES written examinations, you can have access and get eligibility for second round of selection process of public sector undertaking organizations directly.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?