16th February 2015, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear for Bank and government jobs after completing B.Com?

I am studying bcom general from Calcutta university. Can I appear for bank and government jobs after completing my graduation. What percentage is required for these exams?

16th February 2015, 07:08 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for Bank and government jobs after completing B.Com?

Yes, you are eligible to appear in Bank as well as other government job examinations with B.Com qualification. Basically there is no particular percentage criteria required to be eligible for government examinations or Banking examinations.

Educational Qualification required for Banking Examinations & Other Government Jobs:

>> Candidates must have completed or passed "Graduation" or any Bachelor degree program from a recognized university.

>> Since you are pursuing B.Com from Calcutta University, you are eligible to appear in Banking Examinations and other government exams, only when you are pursuing Final year or passed B.Com degree.

>> I am very happy to say that, there is no particular percentage criteria required for Banking Exams and government examinations. The main eligibility qualification is "Candidates must have passed Graduation from a recognized university".
15th April 2015, 07:43 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can definitely appear for bank jobs after completing your B.Com which is a bachelor degree course of three years as the educational qualification for bank jobs whether it is at the post of bank clerk or bank probationary officer is a bachelor degree with any discipline from a recognized university.

Also you must have some other basic qualifications for this jobs which are as following :-

You must have the citizenship of India .

For bank clerk you age must be within 20 years to 28 years where as for bank probationary officer it must be within 21 years to 30 years .Also there is the provision of age relaxation for candidates other than general as per government norms .

In order to join for bank jobs you have to crack IBPS examination or SBI examination held for recruitment of employees in the 29 nationalized bank of India and SBI respectively .

The examination is held in two stages which are written examination and personal interview .

For more information regarding the examinations visit the websites of respective examinations .
15th April 2015, 08:56 PM
Ashwakh

Yes , you can apply for both the Bank exams as well as other Government jobs.

~ You can apply for the Ibps bank clerk exam as well as sbi bank clerk exam .

For the ibps bank clerk exam ,
Minimum age shouldbe 20 years.
Maximum age limit for the general category candidates is 28 years
Maximum age limit for the OBC Category candidates is 31 years
Maximum age limit for the sc , st category candidates is 33 years

~~ You can also apply for the other government jobs as well as Entrance exams .

> you can apply for the civil service exam (ias , ips , ifs , etc.)
> you can apply for the post of subinspector in police department
> you can apply for the cds exam to join in defence services
> you can apply for the afcat exam to join in airforce
13th June 2015, 04:16 PM
Unregistered

My question is that I have completed my graduation with 59.45%. So can I appear for indian army land force.
11th July 2020, 09:39 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I completed my B. Com from Kannur university, I passed by getting 63% marks.. can i get job at govt. Banks??
18th July 2021, 09:29 PM
Unregistered

can i appear for bank jobs after completing my bcom a&f
23rd July 2021, 11:15 AM
Anujjindal12

If you are willing to appear for government exams then I would recommend you to prepare for NABARD Grade A & B Exams as it's eligibility is, the minimum percentage required in graduation is 60 percent (55 percent for SC/ST/PWBD).

UGC NET Eligibility: Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognised by UGC in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc. are eligible for this Test.

Thanks!!!
2nd August 2022, 03:38 PM
Unregistered

What is process to get bank jobs after bcom.
I want step by step process to get bank jobs
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?