12th November 2016, 10:59 PM
Ramyasanath

Can I appear for District Collector exam at the age of 30 years with BE degree?

Respected Sir, I am 30 years old and I have completed BE and now I want to become a District collector so I want to know can I appear for District Collector exam at the age of 30 years with BE degree? If yes then please tell me the procedure.

14th November 2016, 07:54 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for District Collector exam at the age of 30 years with BE degree?

Candidates who want to join Indian Administrative Services must apply for Civil Services examination and clear all its stages. Civil Services examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission and it has following criteria:

>>Candidate must have done bachelor's degree in any discipline of engineering from a recognized university. Final year candidates are also eligible to apply for Civil Services examination.

>>The age limit for general category candidate is 21-32 years. Three years age relaxation to OBC or five years to SC/ST candidates.

You have done bachelor's degree in Engineering and 30 years old, you are eligible to apply for Civil Services examination. You will have to clear all three stages namely Preliminary, Mains and personal interview to join Indian Administrative Services.

The notification for 2017 Civil Services examination will be released in last week of February and after that you can apply for this exam at http://www.upsconline.nic.in.
14th November 2016, 01:09 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for District Collector exam at the age of 30 years with BE degree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramyasanath View Post
Respected Sir, I am 30 years old and I have completed BE and now I want to become a District collector so I want to know can I appear for District Collector exam at the age of 30 years with BE degree? If yes then please tell me the procedure.

Yes, you can appear for District Collector examination (UPSC Civil Services Examination - IAS) at the age of 30 years with B.E degree. The candidates with graduation in any discipline are eligible for the civil services examination. The upper age limit is 32 years for general, 35 years for OBC and 37 years for SC/ST candidates. The civil service contains preliminary examination, main examination and interview. You have to first appear for preliminary examination, the examination will be conducted once every year. The civil service examination is one of the toughest examinations in India. There are various coaching classes available for the examination.
14th November 2016, 01:15 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

For recruitment as an I.A.S or D.M in any district you have to qualify in Civil Service examination.

The examination is conducted by UPSC and you are eligible to appear for examination after qualifying in examination.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university and age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in age for reserved category.

So, you can appear for examination. To get syllabus and other information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?