13th December 2015, 11:08 AM
Unregistered

Can i apply for clerical jobs in Central Government at the age of 30?

I am a B.Sc. graduate in chemistry and now doing MBA in correspondence. Its almost at its last stage my age is 30. I want to know if i can apply for clerical jobs in central government at this age?

13th December 2015, 10:12 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i apply for clerical jobs in Central Government at the age of 30?

The age limit for clerical post in public sector banks is 20-28 years with three years age relaxation for OBC candidates and five years to SC/S candidates. If you are from open category then there is no chance for you to apply for clerical exam of IBPS or SBI.

However, if you belong to OBC or SC/ST category then you can apply for coming entrance exam of SBI or IBPS in 2016. As you are graduate, you can also apply for Probationary officer exam and the age limit for which is 20-30 years with three years age relaxation to OBC and five years to SC/ST candidates in upper age limit.

So, you can apply for PO exam if you are not eligible for clerical exam.
13th December 2015, 11:53 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i apply for clerical jobs in Central Government at the age of 30?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a B.Sc. graduate in chemistry and now doing MBA in correspondence. Its almost at its last stage my age is 30. I want to know if i can apply for clerical jobs in central government at this age?
No, age per age criteria, you are not eligible for clerical jobs in central government.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board are eligible for clerical post in government college.

Your age should be in between 18 to 28 years.
14th December 2015, 06:12 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

If you belong to general category then there is hardly any chance left because the upper age limit for general candidates is upto 30 years. In case of banking it is 20-28 years. In other departments, it is maximum 30 years.

But for OBC and SC/ST candidates, there is upper age relaxation, you can apply if you belong to reserved category for clerical exams. Three years age relaxation to OBC and five years to SC/ST candidates.
19th February 2019, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

I'm a general category candidate with qualification of 12th pass,is there any central govt. jobs for me till the age of 30 years???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?