23rd February 2015, 06:28 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for IAS exam if completed 2nd PUC? Percentage required in 2nd PUC to apply for IAS exam?

HELLO
i have passed 2nd puc
can i apply for ias exam and .........
what is agregate percentage requires for ias exam ???
m waiting for your reply

Related Questions:
  1. How can I become an IAS officer after completing 2nd PUC with 40%
  2. Physical fitness requirements, starting salary and duration of IAS Officer training for 2nd PUC student?
  3. After 2nd PUC how long does it takes to become an IAS Officer? Starting salary and minimum required physical standard?
  4. What can I do after 2nd PUC? I am studying 2nd PUC
  5. What is the procedure to become an IAS officer after completing 2nd PUC in science with 40%
  6. Can I apply for Education Loan to study B.Com after completing 2nd PUC exam through correspondence?
  7. Which career will suit me after 2nd PUC? I am studying PUC commerce -- [Most Discussed]
  8. How can I apply for 2nd PUC directly after completing SSLC? I have discontinued the 1st year PUC
  9. Can we write IAS exam after 2nd PUC from Bangalore University
  10. Which course can I choose between B.E and BSc after completing 2nd PUC science
  11. Which is the best course that I can take after 2nd PUC?
  12. Which are the entrance tests that I need to prepare for during 2nd PUC in Bangalore? What is the cutoff percentage and maximum marks required in each subject?
  13. How to become a direct commissioner? I am from 2nd PUC
  14. Can I join directly in any degree form open university after completing 10th and failing in my PUC 2nd year/12th board exam
  15. Is it possible to apply for CET exam while studying 2nd PUC science in Orissa? What is the procedure?
  16. How can I join BSc Agriculture after completing 2nd PUC?
  17. Which course to take after completing 2nd PUC Science?
  18. Eligibility to apply in Central Scholarship for 2nd PUC student?
26th February 2015, 08:34 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for IAS exam if completed 2nd PUC? Percentage required in 2nd PUC to apply for IAS exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
HELLO
i have passed 2nd puc
m waiting for your reply
If your degree is equivalent to graduation degree then you are eligible for IAS exam.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. IAS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. IAS exam is conducted one time in a year.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam. IAS exam doesn't require any percentage marks in graduation degree.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for IAS exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview

For more details about IAS exam please visit to official website www.upsc.gov.in
22nd March 2015, 05:53 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I apply for IAS exam if completed 2nd PUC? Percentage required in 2nd PUC to apply for IAS exam?

can we write iAS exams by taking commerce.Please type your question or comment here and then click Submit.
24th March 2015, 09:29 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
HELLO
i have passed 2nd puc
m waiting for your reply
No, you cannot apply for the IAS exam with the qualification which you possess. The needed education qualification for the exam is that the candidate should have completed a graduation from a recognized university and that can in any stream of education.

You are ineligible for applying for the exam regarding the education qualification needed. There are certain other standards which are needed to be satisfied in order to apply for the exam and they are:

>> Candidate should have a Citizenship in India

>> Age limit needed is 21-30 years for General category

>> For SC/ST it is 21-35 years and for OBC it is 21-33 years

If you satisfy them all then you can apply for the IAS Exam. The candidate is selected for the post through 3 stages:
  1. Preliminary Exam
  2. Main Exam
  3. Interview

For more info regarding the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
26th March 2015, 10:09 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

No dear, you are not eligible to apply for the IAS Examination with PUC since it is a 10+2 level examination . In fact IAS is the exam only for the Graduation or any equivalent qualification. Below this Educational qualification students are not eligible to apply for PUC.

There is No percentage requirement for the IAS examination.But you should secure minimum marks in your 10+2 as well as Graduation.
14th April 2015, 02:39 PM
Ashwakh

There is no way for you to apply for the IAS exam now with your 12th qualification .

To apply for the IAS exam , one shouldhave completed Graduation not 12th . And , percentage in 12th is not a considerable point for the IAS exam .

~ So , now you should go for graduation to get eligible for the IAS exam .

After graduation from a Recognised university , you can apply for the IAS exam .
Percentage in Graduation is also not considerable point for the ias exam . There is no Cutoff percentage criteria for the exam . The candidates whoever passed in Graduation and satisfies the eligiblity criteria can apply for the exam .

Selection process:-
~~~~~~~~~~~

1) Preliminary exam
2) Main exam
3) Interview
24th October 2015, 06:04 PM
Unregistered

COURSES AFTER SECOND PU RATHER THAN ENGINEERING AND MEDICAL
24th October 2015, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

WHAT ARE THE COURSES AFTER PU RATHER THAN MEDICAL AND ENGINEERING?
25th May 2016, 03:01 PM
Unregistered

Can I join BA after completing my PUC in science &after a gap of four years?
14th May 2017, 03:57 PM
Unregistered

I have completed 2nd puc with 96.5 percentage in PCMB science. I am interested in chemistry and biology. I studied up to 10th in rural . What course is best to me to select''.
14th June 2023, 09:02 AM
Nikhil202k
Banned

To be eligible for the Civil Services Examination (IAS exam), the educational qualification required is a bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Therefore, completing 2nd PUC (Pre-University Course) alone is not sufficient to apply for the IAS exam.

The minimum educational qualification required is a bachelor's degree in any discipline. The specific percentage requirement for 2nd PUC is not a determining factor for the IAS exam. The eligibility criteria focus on the completion of a bachelor's degree, regardless of the marks obtained in the previous educational levels.

It's important to note that the IAS exam is a highly competitive and prestigious examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). Candidates are selected based on their performance in the three stages of the exam: the Preliminary Examination, the Main Examination, and the Personality Test (Interview). The selection process includes various criteria such as age, educational qualification, and performance in the examination.

Therefore, if you are interested in appearing for the IAS exam, you will need to pursue a bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Ensure that you choose a subject or field of study that aligns with your interests and strengths. As per the UPSC guidelines, there is no specific requirement regarding the choice of the bachelor's degree field. Candidates from diverse educational backgrounds are eligible to apply for the IAS exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?